You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

UI Scale ?

10 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
156 posts
5,658 battles

ok.....I do not know a whole lot about the guts of computers.....What is UI Scale and what does it do ? I changed that setting and i did notice that everything got bigger in the game.....Other than that i have no idea. Thanks

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,144 posts
8,762 battles
4 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

ok.....I do not know a whole lot about the guts of computers.....What is UI Scale and what does it do ? I changed that setting and i did notice that everything got bigger in the game.....Other than that i have no idea. Thanks

That is mostly for people with 4k monitors where the UI ends up being very small and unreadable.

• Cool 1

Members
975 posts
5,682 battles
31 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

Brushwolf is right...if the change/update made the User Interface displays too big for you, sliding the slider all the way to the left/minimum should get you back to the UI size you had before the update. Slide it a small amount to the right if the UI used to be too small before the update, and experiment from there.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,144 posts
8,762 battles
4 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Brushwolf is right...if the change/update made the User Interface displays too big for you, sliding the slider all the way to the left/minimum should get you back to the UI size you had before the update. Slide it a small amount to the right if the UI used to be too small before the update, and experiment from there.

The UI is optimized around 2k and smaller monitors so should be fine unless he has a 3k or 4k monitor on the lowest setting.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles

That issue with the update appears to have affected comps with Nividia graphics, incidentally. My Nivida was the only one of my 5 systems that had it happen. The other 4 are AMD.

Members
975 posts
5,682 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The UI is optimized around 2k and smaller monitors so should be fine unless he has a 3k or 4k monitor on the lowest setting.

Yes, but the situation does bear some watching:

On my desktop and monitor, the UI scale was unchanged post-update.

On my laptop, the UI scale slider was dead center, and the UI elements were so big I thought I was looking at 640x480 resolution.

The odd thing is that both the desktop monitor and the laptop are set to the same  resolution (also the native resolution) of 1920x1080, yet the update treated them differently.

Moving the slider on my laptop all the way to the left got the UI back to its prior size.

Both machines are NVidia.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,144 posts
8,762 battles

I have an Nvidia card in my machine and the UI was unchanged. I wonder if the driver is causing this? I haven't had any issues with so haven't updated the 391.01 drivers from February.

Members
96 posts
153 battles
37 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Yes, but the situation does bear some watching:

On my desktop and monitor, the UI scale was unchanged post-update.

On my laptop, the UI scale slider was dead center, and the UI elements were so big I thought I was looking at 640x480 resolution.

The odd thing is that both the desktop monitor and the laptop are set to the same  resolution (also the native resolution) of 1920x1080, yet the update treated them differently.

Moving the slider on my laptop all the way to the left got the UI back to its prior size.

Both machines are NVidia.

Cool I'm running NVidia as well I'll try this out.

Members
9,863 posts

Running Nvidia and just upgraded to a new 4k system, it didn't touch the slider by default, I had to adjust it.