Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

Suggestion: Mission and campaign progress ONLY on wins

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,587 posts
4,345 battles

Some of the missions/campaign events are like this already.  I find myself wondering, based on how some people play, if they aren't just trying to accomplish some task in the most efficient manner, regardless of whether it is a useful behavior.  To that end - no win = no progress would seem to ensure that the only way to complete tasks would be to engage in behavior that promotes winning.  Tasks could be scaled in magnitude appropriately.  Skill is rewarded.  I like it.

Thoughts?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 11

Members
9,862 posts

Do you not understand who the majority of the players are? :Smile_hiding:

You really want to lock 80% of the players out of events and missions, and think it will be good for the game?

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
16 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

Some of the missions/campaign events are like this already.  I find myself wondering, based on how some people play, if they aren't just trying to accomplish some task in the most efficient manner, regardless of whether it is a useful behavior.  To that end - no win = no progress would seem to ensure that the only way to complete tasks would be to engage in behavior that promotes winning.  Tasks could be scaled in magnitude appropriately.  Skill is rewarded.  I like it.

Thoughts?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

The current daily missions that require around 1k to 1.3k but only in wins really STINKS.  It is pushing me into playing coop battles because I want to get those missions completed.  And with the great number of potatoes around there's no guarantee of getting those wins, particularly when I'm having good games.  

Honestly, unless the mission actually is "win X games", I profoundly hate missions that only allow you to earn progress on that mission during wins!!!  Absolutely, totally hate those missions!!!

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 4

Members
1,587 posts
4,345 battles

Two profoundly negative responses...interesting.  

Yes, I know who the player base is.  They are the reason I love this idea. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

You can do the missions in any manner you prefer without pushing your preferences on others. I understand you are hurt by something that happened in game and want to lash out, but that does not mean you can change the game. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,719 posts
7,354 battles

Yes, lets make progress in the game even more slow than it already is. You realize, do you not, that for most of the base, they'll only achieve any progress about 49% of the time with your idea, right?

They'll stop playing even faster than they already are. In any game, the player has to be able to see progress, or they lose interest. It really is that simple.

• Cool 2

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles

The way I see it is you're punishing the individual for the performance of the whole.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
9 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

FYI, Mahrs, I am NOT one of "those" people in the player base.  My WR is above 50%, if only slightly so (about 51.5%).  But the fact is that I don't want to grind out missions knowing that in randoms only 50% of my games have any chance of counting towards those missions.  This idea is profoundly stupid, IMO.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
31 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

Thoughts?

How about we don't and you can pretend we did...  Krimzon is right, adding grind to the game is just what WoWS needs... I can imagine the toxicity of the forums from good players bemoaning the potatoes on the team who keep them from their goodies.... Angels and ministers of grace, defend us. 

• Cool 3

[DOG]
Members
377 posts
5,549 battles

Also consider, you can have the very best game of your life, where you did everything perfectly, and your team still loses due to RNG or one mistake by a team mate, who might otherwise have played well.  Would you really want to get nothing for that?

• Cool 1

[90THD]
Beta Testers
102 posts
633 battles

I'm just remembering the game where our CV drove straight up the cap right into the opposition DD fleet. 

This was with half of the team yelling for him to get back and trying to keep him alive. 

Members
9,862 posts
22 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

Then you suffer from the same delusion that WG does. The one where you actually believe you can change to player base into something it's not....competitive.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

Members
1,587 posts
4,345 battles

Oh, I don't know about that.  I figure if you know enough about the game to try and min-max missions/achievements, you know enough to not be useless to your team AND to realize you get nothing if you lose. ;-)  

Community Department
2,011 posts
500 battles
1 minute ago, Mahrs said:

Oh, I don't know about that.  I figure if you know enough about the game to try and min-max missions/achievements, you know enough to not be useless to your team AND to realize you get nothing if you lose. ;-)  

Sorry, but it even sounds very strange. We don't have such plans. 
I lock it to prevent trolling and other violations.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1