You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Analysis - Has Telia been replaced by Comcast for WG networking?

4 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,570 battles

I was filling out a WG Check report for a technical issue with WoWS when I checked out the report on the network section and found this item to note:

eT9FmhB.jpg

Comcast replaced Telia? So was this because of the move to Austin, TX? I got to tell you, the network seems more stable to me without Telia involved.  I am really happy to see this move. I remember this here of Telia's past performance. Granted Comcast may not be 100% on the job all the time either, however this seems an improvement to me of the network situation. Thank you WG. :Smile_great:

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,144 posts
8,762 battles

The connection to the servers is definitely better since the move.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,104 posts
12,851 battles

When did this start/end?

I've had connection issues all summer and they finally started to improve a few days ago.

I thought it might be partly because of kids summer holidays ending and ISP throttling during peak periods. I never had a problem with my ISP before. Forum feedback has always been defensive of WG and people throw hate whenever you suggest it might also/partly be their servers/networking, # of hops, channeling resources to high traffic locales, etc. I know for a fact I've tried just about everything on my end to no avail.

It's been a truly horrible experience, especially during clan wars

Edited by Commander_367

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,570 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

When did this start/end?

I've had connection issues all summer and they finally started to improve a few days ago.

I thought it might be partly because of kids summer holidays ending and ISP throttling during peak periods. I never had a problem with my ISP before. Forum feedback has always been defensive of WG and people throw hate whenever you suggest it might also/partly be their servers/networking, # of hops, channeling resources to high traffic locales, etc. I know for a fact I've tried just about everything on my end to no avail.

It's been a truly horrible experience, especially during clan wars

I just noticed this yesterday. Verify your network cable between your router and system is the right type. There is a difference in bandwidth (1Gb vs 100Mb) CAT5e should help some.

Also, have you tried port forwarding?

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/36080-tech-tip-–-port-forwarding-and-other-items/

• Cool 1