You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

12 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,961 posts
8,109 battles

Dry on WOWS this weekend. Played a little Ranked Friday, no WOWS this Saturday, and 3 Ranked matches on Sunday. 4 wins in Ranked and 19 atm.

Of the T8 cruisers, Cleveland is in a league of its own. Despite the citadel being normalized, it's agile enough to do some evasive tanking, and even at max range its AP is quite capable of regular pens on broadside BBs better than Baltimore because of RoF. It's always fun to get within 12km on an inattentive Cleveland and watch my AP shred him.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

Got out of T8 ranked, my punishment for only playing 12 matches last season... took 12 matches. Is that a sign to just stop now?

I'm going to apply myself to ranked pretty casually this season as well, just have SO much happening that isn't WoWs right now, I'm left with such little free time it's hard to sit and play for any stretch at all. I'll get there!

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

Funny, my Atago spent the weekend beating up Cleveland s in ranked.  They just don't feel that strong at tier 8 as they did at 6.  

Sure we're alot of them about though.

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,080 battles

I’ve avoided ranked so far. I don’t have any tier Xs so there isn’t much point in participating. Friday was horrible, easily my worst day in WoWs. Nothing went right, the teams were painful, and I became a salty potato in short order. Saturday was a lot better, and I finally completed the Isoroku Yamamoto campaign. Otherwise, I was just grinding Coal and Free XP for the Salem and Kronstadt.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
9 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Dry on WOWS this weekend.

I feel the same. Dabbled in Ranked, figured I would rather spend the time playing other ships before I go on holiday next week and have to give up WOWS for a bit.

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,271 battles

Avoided Ranked as I do not have the time for at least another week. No Randoms either with the grandkids at home. Played just enough Co-op to get a few crates and a couple of containers after bedtime.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

Dry on WOWS this weekend. Played a little Ranked Friday, no WOWS this Saturday, and 3 Ranked matches on Sunday. 4 wins in Ranked and 19 atm.

Of the T8 cruisers, Cleveland is in a league of its own. Despite the citadel being normalized, it's agile enough to do some evasive tanking, and even at max range its AP is quite capable of regular pens on broadside BBs better than Baltimore because of RoF. It's always fun to get within 12km on an inattentive Cleveland and watch my AP shred him.

After my 90 match pirate crew binge last weekend I only played a few co-op battles over the week to cover Tour of Duty.

2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’ve avoided ranked so far. I don’t have any tier Xs so there isn’t much point in participating. Friday was horrible, easily my worst day in WoWs. Nothing went right, the teams were painful, and I became a salty potato in short order. Saturday was a lot better, and I finally completed the Isoroku Yamamoto campaign. Otherwise, I was just grinding Coal and Free XP for the Salem and Kronstadt.

Haven't touched it so far this season. I got all the way to 19 before quitting last season and if I do decide to play my goal for this season is 18, baby steps.

Members
1,525 posts
672 battles

Finally went back to the Caledon to get to the Belle.  I hated the Caledon when I got it because I have "torp issues".

Played more conservative, and moved it up to mediocre.  I will keep it till I research tier IV, then sell it off.

[7RET]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
114 posts
6,274 battles

Started Ranked on friday with some experimentation at rank 16 with less than stellar results. Switched to my trusty 'Bama and went on a spree that lasted into Saturday with 11 wins and 1 loss, leaving me at rank 12. Switched to Randoms Sunday to play with a couple new clan members and an old returning one who only had low tiers and a few 8's to walk away with a ~65% WR before switching back to Ranked last night. Was already burned out a bit so only played 4 matches with 3 losses before calling it quits. All in all I actually had a pretty great weekend, way better than I had expected.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles

Not bad Played some BDO. For WOWS was all about ranked. Started out really bad but then got better and I made it to rank 10.

[DANKY]
Members
433 posts
1,562 battles

After a good run on ranked (12 games with two losses in an Ognevoi), I decided to play my Khaba in a few randoms rather than get yelled at by teammates in ranked for choosing a competitive-play failbote.  I lost three times and called it a night. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,147 posts

Played a bunch Friday, and mostly had good games.   Saturday was ugly.  So was Sunday, but I persevered anyway and eventually got all 3 containers, did both event missions, and 1 3/4 of the coal missions before I decided to call it a night.

It was ugly and frustrating because of wall to wall 5 minute games with low damage/XP, and a lot of stupid play on the part of both the teams and the bots.  (they still haven't quite worked out the "SQUIRREL!!!!!!" focus of the bots; though it is somewhat better.   And it's always chasing that one ship way over there- who runs away from help...)   I gave up on attempting to BB.

Tried out Ranked for a change of pace.   Nope.   It simply picked up where last season left off- with both teams hiding behind rocks or running for the back- and staying there.   Seriously- there were BB's, brawling BB's, hiding behind rocks...   Yawwwwnnnnn.    There was one fun moment when 2 of them came out of hiding, and decided to defend the cap.  Both died, but our team threw away that advantage by not even trying to cap at all...   Oh well, I at least got a nice big glut of flags, and steel for playing.    Maybe next season, they'll try something different.

Then I had a flash of inspiration:  why not have a go at some of my favorite Russian DD's again?   DING DING!!   NOW we're talking!    I had an absolute blast in Podvoisky (pun intended)- TWELVE freaking citadels on a Ryujo, and a cap out to win.   I'd forgotten how fun this ship is- or how insanely FAST it is with a speed flag mounted.   I had a match on a smaller map (Archipelago), where it felt like I was rocket propelled, lol.   Then I really dug deep:  Smith, with my 19 point DM captain, lol.   Wickes!  Nicholas!  Minsk!!   Ah, the joys of Pewpew again!