You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

47 comments in this topic

[DENY]
Members
205 posts
10,316 battles

Here is the thing. In every game or job or whatever some people have been doing it longer and are successful at what they do.  And as with anything, there are varying levels of success and metrics to look at to recognize those people.  If you are not one of those people currently plz be quiet. If you have not played  CB's or ranked and do not know the maps and the strats and had at least mild success be quiet. If you are not at least a decent player in the ship you are in be quiet.  Stop trying to run the show or talk smack to others after you yolo rush in a yammy against dds or sail broadside in a mino.  People who struggle at this game and I mean really struggle have no business giving orders,  offering advice, or talking smack to anyone else.  What you should be doing is asking for advice, watching videos and trying to improve to a level where at least you can hold your own most of the time. I mean we all make dumb mistakes.  But if your problem is ignorance or unearned arrogance be quiet.  

To the unicums congrats on being great a video game. My hats off cuz all of you are way better than I am.  I am just an average player still trying to get to that level.  If you have advice in the game or after a battle I am happy to listen as long as your not an unpleasant person about it. And that's the rub if you are great at this game and yet you feel the need to put others down after you seal club them, don't look now but your insecurity is showing. There is no need for it.  Be cool. There is absolutely no need to throw salt on the wound and if doing so makes you feel good you need help. Seriously cuz your self-esteem is actually crap.   

To Wargaming, get rid of all chat in game. It has no use except for people to talk smack or ask questions about things that do not pertain to the battle we are in. And when someone dies there chat should be shut down. Anyone who says "they help others" after they die is full of it. All the vast majority of people do after they die is talk trash to those still playing. If you say you are against toxic discourse than do something about it because your current system is a joke.  

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 15
  • Angry 1

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,353 battles

Not sure which is more obnoxious; the ones who want to give direction in game and smack the report button as fast as possible if people don't do as they say, or the ones who posts this garbage on the forums like they're any different. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[WORX]
Members
1,633 posts
12,669 battles

@Aggressive_Incursion

um, If you want a WOWS experience in where you want either silence or a " super-Unicums" telling you what to do, I recommend registering for  "The King of the Seas" Tournament. Maybe get a few buddies together and play competitively since that is what your rant post was saying. In fact I encourage you to sign up for any tournament match that is a notch higher then what you see day to day in the client version of WOWS.

Other then that no, communication is paramount in the game and if you don;t like the chat then mute it your self. Requesting a client wide ban on chat ? Niet dont think its going to fly. GL

Edited by Navalpride33

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

Chat has a lot of use. You can't run a successful military operation without communication. Even if the members of a team knew each other and planed everything out beforehand they would be at a disadvantage compared to a team that could communicate dynamically. Take communication away from a random team and you might as well not even have a team game.

The only thing I wish WG would do is limit map pinging and F-key taunt spamming somehow. I was told once that there is some sort of spam warning but if there is it doesn't dissuade the map and taunt spammers. 

[13CLM]
Members
202 posts
1,116 battles

I started playing this game the end of June, and have to see anything in chat that is truly offensive. It seems so many people have such a thin skin.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

I wish all these super unicums were in my ranked matches bossing everyone around, might win a bit more.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
125 posts
2,093 battles

The problem is, sometimes the advices in chat are not that bad. I mean yes there are people been annoying, but there are also people been helpful. I personally feels okay if people given advice in chat, as long as they are not been rude. Since I don't think I am really good at the game, some help from chat is welcome.

Edited by Tom_Lin

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Might I suggest World of Tanks if this is what you really want then? They had to go to this extreme after... Well, I'll just say "the EU server" and leave it at that.

Or perhaps World of Warplanes is more your speed? All you'll usually hear in that chat is crickets and the simulated chatter of bots.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,326 posts
3,646 battles
1 hour ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Not sure which is more obnoxious; the ones who want to give direction in game and smack the report button as fast as possible if people don't do as they say, or the ones who posts this garbage on the forums like they're any different. 

Well... some of us are just better than the potatoes because we didn't race to tier X.

And then some one of us are just shaped like seriously disturbingly screwed up 'i hope you were c-sectioned and not passed through a pelvis' type of potatoes. But with some skill in the game.

Then there's the normal people.

And I'm... somewhere in there.

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,430 battles

Also, there are mods that will let you turn off chat. That might be a solution. I mostly ignore it unless there's something I need to se there.  

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

I dont know how people manage to function on the internet without the ability to ignore nonsense at will.

Don't have children, just a heads up.

[SAA]
Members
813 posts
26,754 battles

I do think from what I have heard that WoWS is one of the better games to play when it comes to player interaction.  Most of us are a little older and wiser and realize that to say something using a key board that we could not say to someone in person is demining to our self-respect.

Try to ignore the children and the old buttheads acting like children.  The good players will help you, the wantabe good players will talk out there rear ends.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,538 battles
3 hours ago, Aggressive_Incursion said:

Here is the thing. In every game or job or whatever some people have been doing it longer and are successful at what they do.  And as with anything, there are varying levels of success and metrics to look at to recognize those people.  If you are not one of those people currently plz be quiet. If you have not played  CB's or ranked and do not know the maps and the strats and had at least mild success be quiet. If you are not at least a decent player in the ship you are in be quiet.  Stop trying to run the show or talk smack to others after you yolo rush in a yammy against dds or sail broadside in a mino.  People who struggle at this game and I mean really struggle have no business giving orders,  offering advice, or talking smack to anyone else.  What you should be doing is asking for advice, watching videos and trying to improve to a level where at least you can hold your own most of the time. I mean we all make dumb mistakes.  But if your problem is ignorance or unearned arrogance be quiet.  

To the unicums congrats on being great a video game. My hats off cuz all of you are way better than I am.  I am just an average player still trying to get to that level.  If you have advice in the game or after a battle I am happy to listen as long as your not an unpleasant person about it. And that's the rub if you are great at this game and yet you feel the need to put others down after you seal club them, don't look now but your insecurity is showing. There is no need for it.  Be cool. There is absolutely no need to throw salt on the wound and if doing so makes you feel good you need help. Seriously cuz your self-esteem is actually crap.   

To Wargaming, get rid of all chat in game. It has no use except for people to talk smack or ask questions about things that do not pertain to the battle we are in. And when someone dies there chat should be shut down. Anyone who says "they help others" after they die is full of it. All the vast majority of people do after they die is talk trash to those still playing. If you say you are against toxic discourse than do something about it because your current system is a joke.  

You should take your own advice and silence yourself.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

You can block people on an individual level.  I've got a small block list, but chat is great for general [edited] and tactical communication.  

Teams that communicate win more often than not.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,222 posts
8,365 battles

The 43% dead rager screaming at their team is like an institution for wargaming. What would we do without them? It would be like the 4th of July without the entire neighborhood shooting off illegal fireworks. It's the insults back that are priceless.

Chat does need a global toggle though if anything to mute the battle function key spam. Suck players dont take advice and uni's rarely speak. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,489 posts
2,045 battles

I have rarely seen anything truly offensive in chat. Yeah, plenty of people run their mouth, but if you can't ignore idiots you shouldn't be online anyway. I have also seen good communication and teamwork in chat that has won games, and nearly every game has some sort of banter going on that gives everyone a chuckle. Overall it's good, some abuse it, but you just have to learn to ignore them.

I do agree that map pings and F-key spam should be able to be blocked.

[SYJ]
Members
37 posts
5,630 battles

Play WOT - the chat there is at least 75% worse than here.  Regular team killing etc etc

[H_]
Members
683 posts

I've been here less than a year and I've only seen two or three "personally toxic rants"......  There have been some "racy and obnoxious" chats, and when asked, and not reported, they stopped.  Only one serious chat that was way over the top and we screen shot that and sent that to WG.

Compared to games that have all player voice communications, this game is pretty mellow....

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
409 posts
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Might I suggest World of Tanks if this is what you really want then? They had to go to this extreme after... Well, I'll just say "the EU server" and leave it at that.

Or perhaps World of Warplanes is more your speed? All you'll usually hear in that chat is crickets and the simulated chatter of bots.

True, I have played WoWP and I haven't seen anybody talk in chat before. I wonder why.:cap_yes:

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles
4 hours ago, Aggressive_Incursion said:

Anyone who says "they help others" after they die is full of it.

Not so. Some of us try to be instructive, particularly to players that we see don't get it and provide gentle suggestions - mostly on basics. I don't say anything to anyone T8 and up. If you don't know by then ur a lost cause.

Just the other day, after I had my share of murdering DDs with Helena and the red BBs decided it was time for me to go, I helped a New Mex driver who was appreciative and wound up cleaning up the remaining BBs. Simply offered suggestions on how to attack two red BBs. He destroyed both.

If the player base is going to get better sometimes you need to give a little coaching and hope it sticks. So yeah, some of us try to help others.

Members
96 posts
153 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Chat has a lot of use. You can't run a successful military operation without communication. Even if the members of a team knew each other and planed everything out beforehand they would be at a disadvantage compared to a team that could communicate dynamically. Take communication away from a random team and you might as well not even have a team game.

The only thing I wish WG would do is limit map pinging and F-key taunt spamming somehow. I was told once that there is some sort of spam warning but if there is it doesn't dissuade the map and taunt spammers. 

I had a guy yesterday Snarg berating me for using using Khab AP on a broadside Yami at 7.8km. Some advice is terrible.

[P2W]
Members
684 posts
3 hours ago, TheBigM145 said:

Also, there are mods that will let you turn off chat. That might be a solution. I mostly ignore it unless there's something I need to se there.  

You don't need any mods just click on the x underneath chat

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,984 battles

Sorry.... your stats aren't high enough (according to the criteria you laid out).   Recommendation  rejected. 

Members
753 posts
10 battles
5 hours ago, Aggressive_Incursion said:

They don't need to get rid of the chat when a very easy solution is available. Stick a post it note over the chat box, problem solved. When I did it I started enjoying the game much better. It also helped me break the habit of being critical of other players. I NEVER say anything in chat except telling people who kill me with a great shot, torpedo attack, or cross drop that they played well. 

• Cool 3