You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JervisBay

What has happened to WoWS?

14 comments in this topic

Members
1,899 posts
4,448 battles

I've played this game infrequently over the past six or so months, even to the extent of disabling my auto-updater......which I forgot to disable this morning when I turned on the PC.
I have just watched the guff from Dasha about 0.7.8 (or whatever the latest change is labeled) and cannot believe what a load of childish rubbish this game has become since I joined two years ago.
Sad to see it decline but I should have expected that when cartoon characters were introduced.

Oh well......I got two years of entertainment from it so can't ask more than that, I s'pose.

Cheery-bye.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 5

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
230 posts
3,223 battles

alrighty, Bye.

[WORX]
Members
1,638 posts
12,695 battles

This is going to be a problem with all MMO games no matter what, developers will pour there hard earn talent and wok into creating new content to have us the player base entertained. Some people will love the new content others will not. So far the numbers are stable, I think that is all that matters.

So far its the start of the 3rd yr,  I for one dont agree with some decisions mainly

• about the low concealment, low torp reload, too far torp range Meta for the DDs in the upper tiers.
  • Ranked being tier 10 from rank 15 to ranked 2, lack of tier variety sucks
  • BBs being Upper tier Over powered class ships in the game atm

I can go on and on but you get the point. Some will love it, others will move on. I wish you well in what ever game you choose in the future, but, just safe keep this thought in the back of your mind. It will happen with every MMO you go play.

Edited by Navalpride33

[ARGSY]
Members
5,780 posts
3,925 battles
28 minutes ago, JervisBay said:

I've played this game infrequently over the past six or so months, even to the extent of disabling my auto-updater......which I forgot to disable this morning when I turned on the PC.
I have just watched the guff from Dasha about 0.7.8 (or whatever the latest change is labeled) and cannot believe what a load of childish rubbish this game has become since I joined two years ago.
Sad to see it decline but I should have expected that when cartoon characters were introduced.

Oh well......I got two years of entertainment from it so can't ask more than that, I s'pose.

Cheery-bye.

Your loss.

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles

The OP's last post before this was ten months ago. It seems that he's been gone a long time. Don't know why he came back and told us about it. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 hour ago, JervisBay said:

Cheery-bye.

Well goodbye.:Smile_honoring:

As a long time online PC Gamer, I have played a lot of online games; from Ultima Online to Guild Wars 2. And while this game is not perfect (and to be serious I doubt there is such a thing), I will have to admit at least Wargaming TRIES to keep our interest, sometimes they miss the mark for some of us, while hitting a bullseye with the rest.

As far as Dasha and the other ladies WG has put up, I like it is fun and entertaining.:Smile_glasses:

But whatever floats you boat, Shipmate.:Smile_child:

Good Luck with you future gaming.:Smile_honoring:

Members
125 posts
2,097 battles

Well, the cartoon characters are there, but you can choose to have them or not. You can even disable all non-historical stuffs from the setting... like space camouflages, etc. Personally don't think those additional content well be a huge problem since disable them won't affect gameplay that much. Feeling more issues are coming from game balance.

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,339 posts
3,646 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

The OP's last post before this was ten months ago. It seems that he's been gone a long time. Don't know why he came back and told us about it. 

I ran across him recently IIRC in co-op.

26 minutes ago, Tom_Lin said:

Well, the cartoon characters are there, but you can choose to have them or not. You can even disable all non-historical stuffs from the setting... like space camouflages, etc. Personally don't think those additional content well be a huge problem since disable them won't affect gameplay that much. Feeling more issues are coming from game balance.

Speaking of co-op I ran across you tonight.

I was the screwball that made a Mike Tomlin/Pittsburgh Steelers head coach joke that literally noooooooooooooooooooooooooooobody got.

Also said your QB sucked. Which he does.

[SAA]
Members
814 posts
26,771 battles

I don't like the kiddy stuff, but I do understand that the div's are just trying to attract more of a player base.  I sold all of the ARP ships, dismissed all the cartoon captains and mad a lot of silver  (I had every one of those ships and captains!).

So don't go away, use the settings that disable all the kiddy stuff and have fun.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,881 battles

All I got to say is WOWS is entertainment.  It's fun.  I enjoy it.  Enjoy the ships.  The play.  The forum.  Even the salt...if applied appropriately.  But please folks...PLEASE...don't play if you're not having fun.  Don't torture yourself.  WOWS is supposed to be fun.  If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be here.  I don't expect those who aren't having fun to be here either. 

If it was fun for a while, but not anymore...then fair the well....with whatever you enjoy. 

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,018 posts
500 battles
4 hours ago, JervisBay said:

Cheery-bye.

I like to see the correct point of view in the answers. We can't force any of you to stay if you don't like changes. We always have options like port filters or agreement before participation in some events. You have possibility to choose what you like in the game. 
Thank you for so much time together. I hope you enjoyed it. You may come back whenever you want. No one will condemn you for any decision.