Sign in to follow this  
iDuckman

Need a ruling on Preventative Maintenance - what does it do?

4 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
5,978 posts
2,203 battles

The descriptions of the Preventative Maintenance commander's skill on the Skills screen and in the wiki appear to say that it does not affect secondary or AA modules/guns. 

icon_PreventativeMaintenance_dark.png

Preventive Maintenance

1 Reduces the risk of main turrets, torpedo tubes, steering gears, and engine becoming incapacitated. -30% to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

No mention of secondaries or AA, no "all modules". 

However,  from recent Rookie Mistakes - Commander Skills News article there is this:

Preventive Maintenance reduces the chance of incapacitation of all your ship's modules (including secondary weapons) by 30%   [emphasis mine]

It recommends PM specifically for a Secondary build. The way this is written, it seems to cover AA mounts as well.

Okay, so which is it?

@Pigeon_of_War

@Radar_X

@Gneisenau013

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
7,974 battles

I'm curious as well now, and as to if maybe it was changed at some point because I know there was a point knocking out AA was in fact made harder, and was tied to this skill as a "boosts everything" deal.

Eitherway I'm still always taking it - I forget which BB I was driving when both Forward and rear turrets were knocked out, and more recently in 2 consecutive salvo's destroyed the first 2 turrets of an Izumo with my Musashi, and put a 2 ships turret out of action as well. 

[WOLF3]
Members
5,978 posts
2,203 battles
On 8/27/2018 at 6:07 AM, LemonadeWarrior said:

AA guns and secondary weapons can only be destroyed, not be incapacitated. Hence the skill does not effect those.

That's a good reason.

I'd like someone to directly address the second part of the question, though.  Is the Skills article in the News just plain wrong in this?  Or does the author know something that we don't.

Sign in to follow this