You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waterman165

Shchors is great BUT......

9 comments in this topic

[-OF-]
Members
55 posts
3,062 battles

I can't seem to win in the shchors. I did ok at first but at some point, I just stopped winning. It's got at this point I cant remember the last game I won in this thing. The thing is I find the ship pretty damn fun, and despite the losses I seem to do pretty well in them.

Average 52K damage per round.

Capatin has PT  EM  DE CE

I play it generally like by either trying to find islands or land mass to sit behind if possible to or if not I generally hang back a bit since the range and velocity of the guns are so good, I always target dds first if possible. Generally, I play it like my American cruiser But with guns, i can actually hit things with.

It's getting pretty damn annoyed failing my way to tier 8 considering I did fairly well in my other tier 7s

is there some secret technique that I'm not getting since I'm a filthy capitalist American or something?

[HYDRO]
Members
1,342 posts
3,669 battles

I would sacrifice CE for IFHE in Shchors. It opens a door to a lot of damage, and since you mostly are a long range harasser could.l be helpful vs BBs.

• Cool 1

[-OF-]
Members
55 posts
3,062 battles

Agreed but I really dont want to use dabloons to do it so i'm trying to get the cap the 14 asap but does IFHE really make that much of a difference>

[HYDRO]
Members
1,342 posts
3,669 battles
38 minutes ago, waterman165 said:

Agreed but I really dont want to use dabloons to do it so i'm trying to get the cap the 14 asap but does IFHE really make that much of a difference>

It makes a very big difference. You can penetrate any battleship with 32mm deck armor, all cruisers at your range as well. You trade less firechance for more raw damage.

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

I have CE, DE, and IFHE on my captain and the Shchors is a beast. 100k games are not uncommon.

Stay at range, WSAD juke incoming BB AP, and let your dpm railguns burn down half the enemy team. You can get more aggressive later in the match and hunt DDs and wounded ships.

However while damage is easy to come by it's not always a great carry ship IMO - it's better at kiting than pushing flanks/caps and it does not brawl very well (poor concealment, soft, fat citadel, mediocre agility.)

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I would sacrifice CE for IFHE in Shchors. It opens a door to a lot of damage, and since you mostly are a long range harasser could.l be helpful vs BBs.

3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

It makes a very big difference. You can penetrate any battleship with 32mm deck armor, all cruisers at your range as well. You trade less firechance for more raw damage.

For anyone grinding the Russian Cruisers, I'd recommend getting IFHE before CE. Because you spend most of your time open water and firing, thus visible anyway, CE is worthless a large portion of time and is situational. IFHE will give you the ability to damage 32mm plating, so not just battleships, but you'll more reliably damage cruisers aswell. Just compensate with angling and position. Even if sometimes BB's still donk you from ridiculous angles, an angled ship is harder to hit period and is still better than being broadside. 

I should mention though, if you're heading to Moskva, once you get it you'll have to re-spec the captain. Moskva has no need for IFHE whatsoever.

• Cool 1

[STP]
Members
239 posts
8,217 battles
11 hours ago, waterman165 said:

so enjoy free reboot of commanders, thanks to the end of the CWs and the start of Ranked. not for how long it will be so, but yesterday it was still possible to reassign all captain skills without paying anything

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

When I grinded the RU Cruiser Line long ago in 2015, I had a great time with Schors.  She is so proficient at range, I had gotten a lot of Hackusations when using her.  However, she's not a big match influencer.  She's a Damage Farmer, nothing more.  Find BBs, spam HE, rack up shell and fire damage.  What keeps her from being a match influencer is her awful concealment combined with her very poor protection.  Cruisers that influence matches are stealthy and creep up to deal with Destroyers and such, the ships that contest the caps, the ships that matter the most to winning.  Schors doesn't do that, if she tries to move up like a Leander, she'll get spotted from from away and obliterated.  She has to keep distance or die.  Seeing Schors being forced to probe into a cap where they know there's trouble, and those situations do arise especially late game, it can only end badly for the Schors.  She has to keep everything at long arm's reach, only there she can excel.

If you want a more "Match Influencing" RU Cruiser, that's at High Tier when they get Radar.  Chapayev and Moskva in particular from the tech tree are significant Radar threats, deterrents for DDs.  11.7km Radar range is a big deal, but the active time is short.  Not to mention Chapayev is stealthier.  She's just as squishy as Schors, but her she's a bit sneaker and dangerous with her Radar.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway