Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

What ways should Steel be awarded besides Ranked and Clan battles?

111 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

Instead of writing a post calling for the abolishment of Steel I am making this post instead to be constructive.  In what ways do the players that play competitively think Steel should be awarded to those that don’t have the time for ranked or clan battles?  I have had the thought of having challenge missions for awarding 100-300 steel depending on the task itself. These would occur on a weekly basis and a monthly basis for the 300steel challenge. My basic idea is three levels of difficulty 100 steel (every week) being the easiest and 200 steel (every 2 weeks)being in the middle and 300 steel (once a month) for the hardest challenge which would be once a month. So again I ask those the play clan battles and ranked a lot of the time what do you think is worth of enough of awarding steel to the players whom don’t have time for ranked or clan battles? 100 steel every week challenge ? 200 steel every 2 weeks challenge? 300 steel once a month challenge? 

This post is meant for a civil dialogue any trolling will be ignored thank you and I look forward to a great discussions on this topic.

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
593 posts
4,875 battles

It’s not a terrible idea. It would depend greatly on what the challenges are. They would have to be very difficult I think because you only get between 200 and 300 steal for some of the higher ranks. Maybe lowering your proposed steal reward say like 50, 100, 200?

Edited by Forgottensoldier117
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,592 battles

I personally have no objection to having a couple hundred Steel available each month. It's a small enough amount that would require extensive grinding if it was the solo means of obtaining Steel and but would still allow a player who dislikes Ranked to eventually get the Stalingrad without being in a Clan. Personally, I hope to one day see the Arkansas in the Arsenal ever since it's secondary buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,747
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,316 posts
3,633 battles

None. At all. Keep the high end stuff viable for the high-end players to earn and separate from the tier X noobs.

Sad that tier X and noob are in the same sentence but thats the state of the game right now.

This is coming from a guy that refuses to play ranked(steel), and is only occasionally active in CW(steel)/doesn't focus on it.

I don't care about the end goal of 2500 doubloons, a flag, this/that, and whatever. What I can't replace is time waiting in queueueueue, my blood pressure, and my sanity.

 

I said this a long damn time ago before clans were officially organized here and around when ranked was announced. You can't segment an already small playerbase into too many fragments without a cost.

Clan wars is on? Larger % of noobs in randoms.

Ranked on? Transfer said noobs into ranked, gated at tier whichever.

The difference between when I said that and now is there's a hell of alot more Tier X noobs for ranked.

 

If you did away with ranked, and kept the CW up and running it would do away with the issues MM has with so many segments of players and might actually start to average out teams in randoms with potentially less morons on a team.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 8
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[SIDE]
Members
713 posts
3,129 battles

I feel that Heroic Medals should give you a very tiny amount of steel that would be limited to every 24 hours. (i'm talking like 1-3) like how World of Tanks does there stuff.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
301 posts
6 battles

My question is if you don't have time to play ranked or clan battles, why would you have time to complete difficult challenges? You don't earn steel just at Rank 1 and 30 Typhoon wins, you earn it all along the way. You can play a little bit of ranked and a little bit of clan battles and earn more steel than what you're proposing.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
19 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I feel that Heroic Medals should give you a very tiny amount of steel that would be limited to every 24 hours. (i'm talking like 1-3) like how World of Tanks does there stuff.

1 would work...at 3x6 heroic achievements (I would assume you were only talking about random heroics & not the scenario ones) that would be 18x30 days...that would come to 540/month...more than I guess they would be willing to do..but at 1 it would only come to 180/month.

Unfortunately I think they are trying to keep the number crunches on that rounded to the zeros so it don't get too confusing to figure out all the tickets from people having any issues w/them.

But yes there are players that would easily farm all of those achievements every day & at least until the Stalingrad has been around for awhile & all the people that earned it the hard way get a chance to have some exclusive time w/it (understandably so) they will not be allowing any other ways to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[SIDE]
Members
713 posts
3,129 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

1 would work...at 3x6 heroic achievements (I would assume you were only talking about random heroics & not the scenario ones) that would be 18x30 days...that would come to 540/month...more than I guess they would be willing to do..but at 1 it would only come to 180/month.

Unfortunately I think they are trying to keep the number crunches on that rounded to the zeros so it don't get too confusing to figure out all the tickets from people having any issues w/them.

But yes there are players that would easily farm all of those achievements every day & at least until the Stalingrad has been around for awhile & all the people that earned it the hard way get a chance to have some exclusive time w/it (understandably so) they will not be allowing any other ways to get it.

If people wanted to farm for literally every random encounter achievement each day for 2 years and got 3x.... Don't you feel like they earned the Stalingrade? lol

How many times have you gotten Clear Skies?

in World of Tanks, they do it by tiers. 1-5 gets 1, 6-9 gets 2, and 10 gets 3.

Edited by Merlox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
3 minutes ago, Merlox said:

If people wanted to farm for literally every random encounter achievement each day for 2 years and got 3x.... Don't you feel like they earned the Stalingrade? lol

in World of Tanks, they do it by tiers. 1-5 gets 1, 6-9 gets 2, and 10 gets 3.

They've made a point of keeping the exact steel prices of the steel ships balanced so you have to win the same amount of Ranks to get it as it was before. You now have the option to enhance the steel w/good clan performance but throwing in an extra steel earning possibility this soon after Stalingrad just came out would allow people that have ranked out a few times but not the required amount of times to be able to get it w/out having to achieve the same grinds that the people that ranked out had to achieve (just farming achievements in random battle is a lot less of a grind than having to do ranked).

Let the unicums that earned it have their exclusive rights for a little while knowing that the Stalingrads they run into are earned ones & not people that got to squeak by the last part of the grind just by farming heroics in random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[SIDE]
Members
713 posts
3,129 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

They've made a point of keeping the exact steel prices of the steel ships balanced so you have to win the same amount of Ranks to get it as it was before. You now have the option to enhance the steel w/good clan performance but throwing in an extra steel earning possibility this soon after Stalingrad just came out would allow people that have ranked out a few times but not the required amount of times to be able to get it w/out having to achieve the same grinds that the people that ranked out had to achieve (just farming achievements in random battle is a lot less of a grind than having to do ranked).

Let the unicums that earned it have their exclusive rights for a little while knowing that the Stalingrads they run into are earned ones & not people that got to squeak by the last part of the grind just by farming heroics in random.

If any thing this would be targeted for more unicum players. Not like potatoes can get 18 heroic achievements a day. right?

But let's be brutally honest. Even you, with 12k+ games, You have 615 achievements. Even if we were generous and said 3 per achievement. You would only have 1,845 Steel.... You're still 22+k away from a Stalingrad. 


*source https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1019563719-IfYouSeeKhaos/!/pvp/achieves/ *

Edited by Merlox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
898
[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles

I'd say more one-time missions rotated on a monthly basis and maybe some steel in future important campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,428 battles

Steel should stay right where it is or it becomes devalued. It's a competitive currency, plain and simple. The only place that it should be awarded that it isn't now is as prizes in high end competitive tournaments like King of the Sea and any future ones that might be organized. This is coming from someone who knows that he'll probably not get these ships any time soon, but sees the value in having something available for the "end game" players. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,747
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,316 posts
3,633 battles
3 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

My question is if you don't have time to play ranked or clan battles, why would you have time to complete difficult challenges? You don't earn steel just at Rank 1 and 30 Typhoon wins, you earn it all along the way. You can play a little bit of ranked and a little bit of clan battles and earn more steel than what you're proposing.

My question is does clan wars and ranked run at the same time?

I have the time for either. Just not the interest.

Next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Resource could drop steel. It would be one portion of the crate has a small chance to drop steel, unlike coal where all 3 slots can drop it and the first is guarenteed

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
11 hours ago, Merlox said:

If any thing this would be targeted for more unicum players. Not like potatoes can get 18 heroic achievements a day. right?

But let's be brutally honest. Even you, with 12k+ games, You have 615 achievements. Even if we were generous and said 3 per achievement. You would only have 1,845 Steel.... You're still 22+k away from a Stalingrad. 


*source https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1019563719-IfYouSeeKhaos/!/pvp/achieves/ *

Using me as an example is adding irrelevant data into the equation...I have never ranked out (came oh so close the last T8 only Ranked (burning crapdown in the Mogami) before T10s were included).

It wouldn't be 18 achievements a day it would be 6...w/your proposal of 3 points for each=18 steel/day. A good player (not just a unicum but any good player) can easily farm those because you can pick & choose your ships for each achievement & certain ships are just easy for farming certain achievements...solo warrior would be the only real challenge on a daily bases for any good player (again...I don't fall into that category so it's silly to use me as any kind of example).

That being said...you made a link to my stats but obviously didn't even look at them...I surely don't have anywhere near that many Heroic achievements (only 282 altogether)...but I have 2 separate achievements (1st Blood & Dev Strike) that both have more than that amount...not sure where you pulled the "615" out of but it surely wasn't my stat sheet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

Everybody hating on steel... here I am just excited I'm finally going to be able to get a Black without ranking out.  Seems like steel made the reward ships more accessible but increased the complaints about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,251 posts
24,681 battles

Supercontainers !!

:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
14 minutes ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

they should just sell it.  they get money, we get steel.  everyone wins.  

Anyone surprised this guy's stats are hidden?  No?

If you don't have the capability, just say it.  Don't put out that you're some benevolent problem solver when reality says it is greed and jealousy.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
211 posts
1 minute ago, _V12 said:

Anyone surprised this guy's stats are hidden?  No?

If you don't have the capability, just say it.  Don't put out that you're some benevolent problem solver when reality says it is greed and jealousy.

you're the jealous one.  clearly you don't have the dough to throw at video games and I do.  maybe you should re-think your life choices.  

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,526
[BIAS]
Members
2,992 posts
8,978 battles
6 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

Supercontainers !!

:Smile_hiding:

I can get behind that. 

Then there is a way for someone to get steel without playing ranked or cb. And then people can stop whining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,180 battles

Quarterly essay submittals.

Failing that, examination of poseability in front of a windfan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,012
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,035 posts
9,184 battles

No problem for me with the idea of adding some missions that reward steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
4 hours ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

you're the jealous one.  clearly you don't have the dough to throw at video games and I do.  maybe you should re-think your life choices.  

Do you think my name is _V12 because I collect Hot Wheels?  My WeeGee spending is in the four digits.  That doesn't change my opinion.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,941
[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles

Maybe 100 steel as a ONE TIME award for a HARD operation for getting 5 stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×