You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bigbearbeear

Can't shoot, guns jammed?

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
272 posts
5,094 battles

I'm having some weird issue with the game tonight, when in battle, even when the guns are ready, I'll click the mouse to shoot and....nothing, its like they're jammed.  I can still move around and even select targets for manual secondary guns and those still work but my main guns won't work.

This can continue for sometime, all the while I'm frantically mashing the mouse button to shoot, and all of a sudden it'll work and guns fire.  This comes and goes during battle.

Latency seems fine, I average around 35ms with no spike that I can see, pretty stable in the 34 to 36ms range.

Does anyone else have this issue?

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles
10 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

I'm having some weird issue with the game tonight, when in battle, even when the guns are ready, I'll click the mouse to shoot and....nothing, its like they're jammed. 

I haven't seen it myself but I was in a match with a Minotaur earlier this evening who said "Guns locked up" and didn't" fire a shot after that.

If it's not a bug it may be due to lag.

Edited by Snargfargle

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,398 posts
3,661 battles

I'm having issues with my razer mouse myself(naga croma).

In my case, it stops moving. Initially I thought that the old chat bug was back where it randomly would think it was open but its since been happening out of game.

Members
1,871 posts
5,656 battles

Are you sure you didn't lock the guns?

I believe if you press control x, the game locks you guns in a fixed bearing.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I do know of glitch that's come back where the X turrets on German cruisers will fail to stop rotating until they spin an additional 360 degrees, even if that means clipping through the superstructure on the way. Possibly related?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

Were you under heavy cornering at the time? Sometimes when you're at full speed and full rudder hard-over the guns won't fire even if it shows the reticle being aimed, ready and green.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Were you under heavy cornering at the time? Sometimes when you're at full speed and full rudder hard-over the guns won't fire even if it shows the reticle being aimed, ready and green.

Oh yeah, especially at close ranges. It's lag from the turrets basically trying to traverse as fast as the reticle and just barely falling behind.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,398 posts
3,661 battles
5 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Oh yeah, especially at close ranges. It's lag from the turrets basically trying to traverse as fast as the reticle and just barely falling behind.

Zoom out farther, chop your speed and turn to assist your turrets.

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,893 battles

I had that happen recently too. The mouse’s USB connection had come out about 1mm. Could still move and look around but the buttons were dead. Just pushed it back in. Sometimes it’s the simple things. :-)

Beta Testers
376 posts
3,497 battles

I actually had that same problem during the Closed Beta sessions.

There was one battle where everything loaded in fine, guns loaded, could be directed, locked onto a target, but wouldn't fire.

Lag was about 50ms, but no matter how many times I clicked , they wouldn't fire.

That was the only time it happened to me though. Interesting that it's happened again to someone else now.

[WOLF5]
Members
272 posts
5,094 battles

Quick update.  Found out my internet connectivity might have been an issue.  I did some speed tests for my connection and my speed is varying is a vey wide margin between 11mbps to 300+ mbps!  Not sure what is wrong; cable model, router or my ISP.  I've changed ethernet cables (not using wifi for my gaming pc) but trouble continues.

Seems to be better this morning but I might have to cough up some money for a new router and/or modem.

Members
332 posts
3,394 battles

If you haven't already tried, you might reboot the router/modem and see if that helps.  Sometimes it can, depending on the issue. 

You can also call your cable company, and let them do a check, it might turn up something on their end.  Maybe the cable coming into your home.  Once upon a time, a tree limb was the culprit, only happened on windy/stormy days when it could tug on the cable coming into the house.  Good luck.

[WOLF5]
Members
272 posts
5,094 battles

Is anyone else having the same issue?  So far hasn't happened to me yet after I've sort of fixed my connectivity issue but in a game just now, another player complained about his guns locking up too.  Really strange.

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles

I've also had this happen from time to time. But I imagine it has to be my internet as well. Since my maximum internet speed is 875kb/s...

Most of the time it's perfectly stable though, which is a big surprise considering how painfully slow my connection is. It has happened on days where I have perfect connection as well though, it's a glitch that comes and goes.

Edited by Saidalphon