You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
db4100

Super Container Flops

31 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
604 posts
8,725 battles

It seems to me that WG programmed this game to go through your inventory, find what crappy flag or camouflage you have the most of (and don't use) and put that into your super container.  The last four of my five super containers have been pure crap.  I just got 50 "restless fire" camo, one of the most gaudy and ugly camo in the game.  That bumped me up to over 500 of that crappy camo.  Before that was 250 "zulu" flags (gives you +20% credits per battle) and I know have over 1100 of those.  Before that it was 250 "zulu hotel" (+50% commander XP),  I now have over 1200 of those.  It seems WG just gives me what I need the least of....conspiracy?  Have I been singled out by WG?  Do I need to wear a tin foil hat?  On the bright side one of those super containers weren't so bad.....250 doubloons....meh.  Why can't I get the flags (battle flags) that I actually use and can't buy? 

It seems super containers are rare, but it is even rarer to get something good out of the super containers.

And yes, I do sell off excess stuff I don't use.  Time to do it again. 

[LWA]
Members
604 posts
8,725 battles
Just now, Seadog_Supreme said:

I got 50 prison-stripes Ocean Soul camos, to go with the hundreds of others I'll never use.

Yeah, those are ugly too.  That camo reminds me of the linen material used for pillows and mattresses. 

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
2 hours ago, db4100 said:

"zulu" flags (gives you +20% credits per battle)

I like those.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I guess I just use flags more often than most people, because I can never get anything CLOSE to the numbers you all seem to have stockpiled for the ones I actually see use out of. Then there are detonation flags...

[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles

I got 1000 steel out of a halsey mission sc. like that’s even worth the same amount of silver! sc continue to be a joke!

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,871 battles
5 hours ago, db4100 said:

It seems to me that WG programmed this game to go through your inventory, find what crappy flag or camouflage you have the most of (and don't use) and put that into your super container.  The last four of my five super containers have been pure crap.  I just got 50 "restless fire" camo, one of the most gaudy and ugly camo in the game.  That bumped me up to over 500 of that crappy camo.  Before that was 250 "zulu" flags (gives you +20% credits per battle) and I know have over 1100 of those.  Before that it was 250 "zulu hotel" (+50% commander XP),  I now have over 1200 of those.  It seems WG just gives me what I need the least of....conspiracy?  Have I been singled out by WG?  Do I need to wear a tin foil hat?  On the bright side one of those super containers weren't so bad.....250 doubloons....meh.  Why can't I get the flags (battle flags) that I actually use and can't buy? 

It seems super containers are rare, but it is even rarer to get something good out of the super containers.

5 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I got 50 prison-stripes Ocean Soul camos, to go with the hundreds of others I'll never use.

Just a friendly question - if you’ve got literally hundreds of a camo you know for certain you’ll never use, why don’t you sell them out of your inventory and get the silver?

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
3 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I got 1000 steel out of a halsey mission sc. like that’s even worth the same amount of silver! sc continue to be a joke!

You DO know that the arsenal can autoconvert that to coal if you don't want it as steel, and that way you can use it buy ships/mods/flags/containers, right?

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Here are my super container contents from almost the past year.  Some not so bad, most 'meh'.  I also listed how many regular, daily containers I earned between each super:

Spoiler
  • 9/12/17 - TYL super container = 50 Ocean Soul camo.  I had 35 regular containers.
  • 9/14/17 - TYL super container = Defensive AA Fire mod 1.  I had 4 regular containers.
  • Two super containers for owning 2 T10 ships during WoWS 2nd Anniversary event = 100 Juliet Charlie signals, and 100 Juliet Charlie signals again (ouch!)
  • 9/20/17 - TYL super container = 50 Halloween 2016 camo.  I had 13 regular containers.  (this camo is hideous.)
  • 9/22/17 - Two super containers from Stage 3 of Yamamoto campaign = 50 La Fheile Padraig 2017 camo, and Smoke Generator mod 1.
  • 10/12/17 - Two super containers from Stage 4 of Yamamoto campaign = Spotting Aircraft mod 1 (sigh) and Engine Boost mod 1.
  • 10/16/17 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 46 regular containers.
  • 11/13/17 - signals super container = 50 Wyvern flags (:Smile_Default:).  I had 51 regular TYL and Signals containers.
  • 11/14/17 - signals super container = 50 Halloween 2016 camo.  I had 2 signals containers. (oh, look, Halloween again.)
  • 12/3/17 - signals super container = 50 Ouroboros flags.  I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 containers.
  • 12/23/17 - TYL super container = 50 Gamescom camo (:Smile_Default:). I had 32 regular containers.  (This is my favorite of the non-historical camo...one of the few I do like)
  • 1/4/18 - two super containers from Containers of the Past mission = 100 Sierra Mike signals, and 50 Restless Fire camo.
  • 1/27/18 - TYL super container = 7 days premium time (:Smile_Default:).  I had 69 regular containers.
  • 2/2/18 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 13 regular containers.
  • 2/6/18 - TYL super container = Defensive AA Fire mod 1.  I had 5 regular containers.
  • 3/13/18 - TYL super container = 100 Zulu signals.  I had 60 regular containers.
  • 3/20/18 - TYL super container = 100 Equal Speed Charlie London signals.  I had 9 regular containers.
  • 3/21/18 - TYL super container = 50 Valentine's Day camo.  I had 1 regular container.
  • 4/15/18 - super container from Varyag Marathon, Part 1 = 1,000 doubloons.
  • 5/29/18 - TYL super container = 25 Red Dragon flags.  I had 99 regular containers.
  • 6/12/18 - TYL super container = 50 La Fheile Padraig 2017 camo.  I had 21 regular containers.
  • 6/25/18 - two super containers from mission 2 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 100 November Echo Setteseven signals, and Damage Control Party mod 1.
  • 6/26/18 - TYL super container = 1,000 doubloons.  I had 21 regular containers.
  • 7/4/18 - TYL super container = 100 Ouroboros flags (:Smile_Default:).  I had 13 regular containers.
  • 8/6/18 - Resources super container = 50,000 Free XP (:Smile_Default:).  I had 53 resources and TYL containers.
  • 8/16/18 - Resources super container = 25 Ouroboros flags.  I had 15 resources containers.
  • 8/20/18 - two super containers from mission 3 of "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often!" campaign = 100 Juliet Charlie signals, and 50 Halloween camo.  (Oh, look, Halloween AGAIN)

Edited by desmo_2

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
131 posts
9,562 battles

Got an SC a week ago after a long dry spell...  Had 15k Coal in it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,350 posts
10,135 battles
7 hours ago, db4100 said:

I don't see one thing listed there that is bad. They all help quite a bit even if some are ugly (irrelevant to how good they are).  They were also all free. People complain way too much in this game about free stuff they get.

• Cool 2

[H_]
Members
217 posts
6,973 battles

Free is free and as you said you can sell the excess stuff you don't use, a plus no matter what.  Of course I'd love to just see a few more Super containers.  I usually get at least 2 containers a day / night  but I think I've gotten 1 or 2 super containers this "year". 

Is there a way to go back and see how many SC's you get? 

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,413 battles
8 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Maybe we should see if we can get everyone to put their prison outfits on for an hour or two and take lots of pictures of claiming to be in the WG Gulag...  :cap_haloween:

[RKN]
Beta Testers
933 posts
8,744 battles

Judging by the number of flags/camo you have it sounds like you spend a lot of money on this game. Instead of complaining about not winning the flag/camo lottery just buy the ones you want and be done with it.

[LWA]
Members
604 posts
8,725 battles
2 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Judging by the number of flags/camo you have it sounds like you spend a lot of money on this game. Instead of complaining about not winning the flag/camo lottery just buy the ones you want and be done with it.

I have never seen the combat flags for sale, otherwise I would buy them. 

[STW-D]
Members
1,853 posts
5,651 battles

Anything good from a supercontainer is always considered a pleasant surprise, and nothing more. 

The expectation is disappointment. I can probably count on one hand the number of supercontainers that actually proved useful so far this year.

Members
138 posts
12,847 battles

I used to be similarly annoyed but then I remembered there was a time when WoWs didn't have containers... so I've stopped opening them.

I don't use signals or consumables, I don't need credits or camo. No need, no interest, no thanks... I wish I could gift 'em to somebody. Anybody.

"Brand new, unopened, still in original packaging!"

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 9.57.22 AM.png

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
689 posts
6,093 battles

Last two supers were 14days of premium and 50k free XP.

[90THD]
Members
131 posts
3,606 battles

4 hours ago, Mik6669 said:

Just a friendly question - if you’ve got literally hundreds of a camo you know for certain you’ll never use, why don’t you sell them out of your inventory and get the silver?

Hi all

how can you sell camo you will not use, for credits or coal?

thx

j

Members
1,478 posts
659 battles
28 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi all

how can you sell camo you will not use, for credits or coal?

thx

j

When you are in port, I believe it is under your account (where you click to choose exit), there is a category called inventory.  Click that and it shows all the stuff you have (ship upgrades, consumables, flags, camos).

[LWA]
Members
604 posts
8,725 battles
1 hour ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

got this today.  was jaw dropped.

FCE2987506C1B45D8AE662831895243D9919591D

THAT is a super container.

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,871 battles
2 hours ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

got this today.  was jaw dropped.

FCE2987506C1B45D8AE662831895243D9919591D

Looks like a Kii-per to me. :cap_haloween:

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
7 hours ago, Mik6669 said:

Who needs credits when you own the USS Trumpwagon?

• Cool 1