You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ihsasum

Stalingrad OP? Nah, it is just a strong ship

11 comments in this topic

[ZAOAI]
Members
36 posts
30,692 battles

Carefully angled, maintain a health distance, -40% faster rudder shift time and quick reaction time to incoming AP shells mean Stalingrad is crapagainst dpm cruisers. I took 35k AP dmg from this stalingrad in total, only ate one citadel hit. The rest are all overpens and pens.  

When people figure out Stalingrad's weakness, its effecitiveness will drop significantly.

Right now, a carefully positioned kitakaze and harugumo will absolutely rekt the ship.

World of Warships 26_8_2018 16_53_48_LI.jpg

[5D]
Members
1,226 posts
7,121 battles

It's just a fat (sexy) Moskva.

Just do what you'd do against a Moskva.

Edited by Spartias

[NGA-B]
Members
1,229 posts
7,659 battles
2 hours ago, Spartias said:

It's just a fat (sexy) Moskva.

Just di what you'd do against a Moskva.

Wait for it to expose its side and then blow it to hell. Just ask the Moskva I deleted in my Kurfurst earlier today.

[5D]
Members
1,226 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Still OP, and very much OP considering the people that get her and good players anyways. 

That's... not how "OP" works lol.

Members
855 posts
3,476 battles
3 minutes ago, Spartias said:

That's... not how "OP" works lol.

It is Overpowered and the way that its obtained makes it worst. If they sold a ship as powerful people would call it pay to win, its just as stupid to gate Overpowered ships behind a skill wall as it creates a worst imbalance then pay to win does. 

I have no doubt that clan wars is going to be tainted next season by this ship as top games are able to field multiple Stalingrads in their matches, good luck with that

[5D]
Members
1,226 posts
7,121 battles
1 minute ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

It is Overpowered and the way that its obtained makes it worst. If they sold a ship as powerful people would call it pay to win, its just as stupid to gate Overpowered ships behind a skill wall as it creates a worst imbalance then pay to win does. 

I have no doubt that clan wars is going to be tainted next season by this ship as top games are able to field multiple Stalingrads in their matches, good luck with that

As someone who played almost exclusively in the Moskva for S3, and has the Stalingrad, I can firmly say that the Moskva isn't replaced by the Stalingrad. The Stalingrad just doesn't have all of the tools that makes the Moskva good. Sure it has amazing guns, and that'll likely earn it a place, but not so much that it'll become as prevalent as the triple Moskva/Zao/Hindenburg strats of the top leagues.

It's just a fat Moskva with good guns, trading survivability and utility for those guns.

[OPG]
Members
3,913 posts
5,503 battles

The Stalingrad is an interesting case balance wise as it's a ship of extremes.

On one hand it's covered in 50mm plating which makes it highly resistant to HE and extremely tanky against all AP when angled properly, while sporting highly accurate rail guns capable of knocking huge chunks out of anything and everything that shows broadside at all ranges every ~16 seconds with improved auto bounce angles and reduced fuse times, while absolutely murdering DDs thanks to overmatch mechanics.  In many ways the Stalingrad is beyond over powered.

But then....the Stalingrad is also that ponderous brick with the worst concealment of any ship in the Tier 8-10 bracket, with horrible handling and an absolutely massive above water citadel with relatively weak belt armor, which all told makes the Stalingrad incredibly easy to deal when caught out of position.  As far as the guns are concerned as powerful as they may be in certain situations, they also lack overmatch, DPM and have nowhere near the alpha of a proper BB, which means the Stalingrad is far less of a threat to most angled ships than traditional BBs and cruisers are.

So what does that make the Stalingrad overall?

It's situationally over powered.  This thing is a disgustingly broken pub-smasher in randoms blapping broadside after broadside for massive damage while just chewing through the opposition one by one.....but it's also one of the easiest Tier 10 CAs/BBs to counter due to the situational nature of its guns, and is much easier to deal with than something like a skilled player in a Yamato or Hindenburg.  All told I think it's too strong, but it's not Belfast "meta breaking" levels of over powered.  

Edited by yashma

[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles
2 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Still OP, and very much OP considering the people that get her and good players anyways. 

If the players are good anyways odds are that they would kick ___ just as badly in the Moskva tbh... But time will tell.

1 hour ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

On the bright side you can build up steel in different ways now, much better than having it stuck behind a rediculous number of rank 1 finishes. I wouldn't count the other ships out just yet. Stalingrad just takes the faults of the Moskva even further to the extremes, and all it gets to show for it are punchy guns, burned out plenty of Moskva last season and we will do the same to the stalingrads next season, tho we will have to be a little more careful about showing broadside while doing it.

I'm usually quite willing to diss wargaming but using steel instead of rank 1 finishes is a major improvement.