Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RECON_RANGER

Can the Ranked Symbol be removed from Game Name?

11 comments in this topic

[SMP]
Beta Testers
243 posts
5,845 battles

Are players able to remove the ranked symbol from in front of their game names and in the port?

OR, is this WG's way to PUSH ranked on everybody by forcing everybody to have this stupid symbol smeared all over the place.  I have no tier 10 ships so I cant progress past rank 15 so what good is it for me to have the symbol there for the next three months?

But, it worked and I am feverishly grinding tier 10 ships to I can partake in the next ranked season, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been playing this game for three years without any tier 10 ships, or even any tier 9's, and I can go at least 3 more, LOL.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Testers
2,854 posts
4,088 battles

i don't even notice the symbol,sometimes my brain just ignore it's existence.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles

It's only shown in the post battle results, and I'm fairly sure no one ever judges a player by their rank

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,101 battles
1 hour ago, RECON_RANGER said:

Are players able to remove the ranked symbol from in front of their game names and in the port?

OR, is this WG's way to PUSH ranked on everybody by forcing everybody to have this stupid symbol smeared all over the place.  I have no tier 10 ships so I cant progress past rank 15 so what good is it for me to have the symbol there for the next three months?

But, it worked and I am feverishly grinding tier 10 ships to I can partake in the next ranked season, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been playing this game for three years without any tier 10 ships, or even any tier 9's, and I can go at least 3 more, LOL.

Displaying the Rank level is so much better than those silly patches.

• Cool 1

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

I don't have tier X either but don't care if everyone sees my 15 rank when last year I was 10 and the years or 2 before that , rank 9.  Not at all sure why this is an issue in any way.

[VW]
Members
1,848 posts
12,293 battles
7 hours ago, RECON_RANGER said:

If you dont care, then why do you care?

[SMP]
Beta Testers
243 posts
5,845 battles

It is simple, I don't want to see it and many players agree with me so why wouldn't WG give players the choice to remove it. 

It's about CHOICE.

WG has one or two semi-competent computer programmers, one might argue, so this seems like an easy request to remove a constant eye-sore. 

[ENDVR]
Members
370 posts
5,220 battles

You could get those little post it dots, play a quick co-op game.  At the results screen, cover the places where the ranks would be shown, then switch back to randoms.

Voila, now you have hidden rank symbols.

Sign in to follow this