You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles

Hey, this is just a random thought but when wargaming rebalances CVs... Or if I suppose it would be really neat to see some russian aircraft carriers in the game, although none were ever built there are designs out there for them and wargaming doesn't hold themselves back by refusing to make paper ships. What's the communities overall opinion on this? I think it'd be fun personally but I am curious to see what others think of the idea. I doubt they could get a full line but maybe release them as rewards or premiums or something?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles

Great idea!  Really.  What they gonna fly? Modified Yaks?  Heh. Russian carriers......why not!  Carry on.

Actually I wonder if there was a Russian WWII plane capable of being used on a carrier?  OR, they could be armed with lend-lease Douglas Dauntless OR Avengers.  That was Bush 1's plane.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,321 battles

Tier 3 Kuznetzov kappa

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
270 posts
8,945 battles

How about we get the actually-built British CVs into the game before we go hunting for more paper?

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,029 posts
4,345 battles

Already in the works. Wargaming recently released a rough mock up for Russian carrier-based fighters.

p8XqwD-UserView-0.thumb.png.8134bd10d3473f96a4b5cd41a8d78b7f.png

• Funny 4

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
2 minutes ago, DeMatt said:

How about we get the actually-built British CVs into the game before we go hunting for more paper?

Hmmm.  I forgot about the Brits. They had carriers. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,658 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Hmmm.  I forgot about the Brits. They had carriers. 

Ya think?  

• Cool 1

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
1 minute ago, Warped_1 said:

Ya think?  

Ya and tougher decks as I understand.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,658 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Ya and tougher decks as I understand.

A pioneering country for carrier aviation.  It could be difficult to balance it's aircraft though.

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
12 hours ago, dmckay said:

Great idea!  Really.  What they gonna fly? Modified Yaks?  Heh. Russian carriers......why not!  Carry on.

Actually I wonder if there was a Russian WWII plane capable of being used on a carrier?  OR, they could be armed with lend-lease Douglas Dauntless OR Avengers.  That was Bush 1's plane.

They did have some paper ships, though I am actually unsure of the aircraft they'd use. They also had some designs that were started but never finished due to budget reasons. Either way I think it'd be pretty interesting to have in the game and lend leased planes would be a neat concept as well.

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
12 hours ago, DeMatt said:

Yes, however ships that were built just intrique me less because we already know about them. We can study them and see how they performed in battle and on their missions, we can't do that with russian CVs which is why I think it's a bit more interesting of a concept.

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles

Wow! Someone's actually already covered this back in 2013 apparently and posted a few of the designs. I'd highly recommend giving it a read if you are interested on the topic! ^-^           

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/1647-list-of-soviet-cvs-projects/                      

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

Only if the Germans, Italians, French, Pan Asian lines get them.

Why's that? We have a german CV and as far as Italians and French go for the french we have Bearn and for the italians what was that one CV called... Aquila? Yeah.  They are very possible to get in the future.

[UFFA]
Members
523 posts
25 battles
3 hours ago, Imperialist_Loli said:

Why's that? We have a german CV and as far as Italians and French go for the french we have Bearn and for the italians what was that one CV called... Aquila? Yeah.  They are very possible to get in the future.

Most like Joffre for the French as Bearn would be rather low tier. There was another pre-war carrier design that was a bit bigger iirc that might be something WG chooses to go with as a tier VIII as Joffre would be better around VII, imoo.

• Cool 1

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
6 hours ago, Sparviero said:

Most like Joffre for the French as Bearn would be rather low tier. There was another pre-war carrier design that was a bit bigger iirc that might be something WG chooses to go with as a tier VIII as Joffre would be better around VII, imoo.

Yeah, still my point is that french CVs are more well known and have a higher chance of being added than RU CVs, That's why I brought this topic up to have a bit of a discussion about them :)

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
1 hour ago, Sparviero said:

Russian/Belarus company. It is going to happen. :cat_cool:

I don't know man, the pushback from players when it comes to russian ships is pretty heavy, People always claim there is a huge russian bias powercreep.

Beta Testers
655 posts
6,060 battles

This is one of  Project USSR CV. Trying to find others is going be a pain.

Project 71 class

See the source image

• Cool 1

[--1--]
Members
149 posts
2,447 battles

It disgusts me that this is even an idea, Russians have too many lines already. SERIOUSLY RN still doesn't have CV's when they had dozens and yet you want Russian CV's!?!?! Disgusting.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles

There were half completed designs, paper studies, and so on. Russia was interested in hybrids, in some respects similar to the design questions raised by German CV research/design. But, we are a long way from that, 1st of all we can expect British CVs, (3 years overdue), German CVs, French (tech tree possibly) and Italian premiums, all of which are feasible given the mass of design work conducted in these countries. 

tease :