You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
183 posts
1,566 battles

Hello all,

as I’ve been rising through the tiers recently and have been gifted some gold to help me do so I have some left over. I like the NC and asked some clan mates if the South Dakota class battleships were any good and which one was better since, the Massachusetts and Alabama are the same class. Their response was along the lines of Alabama has worse dispersion than the NC and the Mass has worse than the Alabama but better secondaries. If I get one I would chose the Massachusetts. The problem is that WG won’t put her back into the tech tree to be available with gold. Is there any idea of if and/or when WG swill add the Mass back into the tech tree for gold purchase?

Beta Testers
2,824 posts
3,977 battles

new premium ships takes some time to come to the tech tree as doubloons hsips.

mass is a unique premium,her captain skills and equipments might not fit the NC,iowa and montana,so if you want to train a captain for those ships,the alabama is the better choice.

about the gun dispersion,all 3 ships are accurate,alabama is more nimble than NC and smaller,mass have better secondaries but her guns are still good.

Edited by Cruxdei

Members
1,119 posts
3,141 battles

Mass will come back, you can bet on that. I'd get Alabama though. Massachusetts is stronger at close range but Alabama has more flexibility and can hit harder. 

• Cool 1

Members
9,863 posts

With the anniversary coming up, I'd wait on buying anything....hopefully they'll have some killer discounts.

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

The answer is 100% dependent on your play style.  If you like to brawl, get MA, if you're better at mid to long ranges, g t AL.  If you like solid gunnery at T8, stick to NC 

MA will be back in the premium shop before we see her in the tech tree for doubloons.  she was a good seller for wargaming, I would be surprised if they didn't put her up again.

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,350 battles

Currently Massachusetts outperforms. She is the most capable damage dealer among T8 battleships.

1.thumb.png.a712b63989e715c5f20d52779ac41458.png

An in-depth review can be found here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/163803-massachusetts-the-verdict/

As a Mamie player myself, I find the Mamie to be the most confident inspiring ship in high tiers.

I have Scharnhorst also in secondary build, but the ~7 km range rarely ever sees cruisers and destroyers (they run away), as opposed to the Mamie's ~11 km which has destroyers to shred all day long.

Musashi has very high damage main guns, but they have been the unreliable damage deader to me. I can only do well with a good team. When I'm in a potato team, enemy DD's etc drive me out of the ideal firing position, as opposed to the Mamie which is much more agile to deal damage in a losing match.

2.thumb.png.3aa992e356385122421a656ebb208070.png

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,607 battles

My suggestion is the Big Mamie.

shot-18_08.26_13_09.48-0024.thumb.jpg.fddf2513ecaf27a24ba8d3a8e57ad6c1.jpg