Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
firemedic1428

Whats more fun than ranked? Clans Sync dropping.

28 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles

3 battles in a row a certain South American clan (highest WR 44%) had no less than 5 ships in a ranked match between the two teams. Normally I wouldn't catch it, but the sheer horrible play brought the clan tags to my attention. Adds to the joy of this game mode, watching a Z-52 try to gunboat a Haragumo.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,347 battles

I have 3 or 4 screenshots from this morning of such behavior. When confronted most of the clans seem to think it isn't against the rules. I'll post them when I get home tonight.

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,789 battles
6 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I have 3 or 4 screenshots from this morning of such behavior. When confronted most of the clans seem to think it isn't against the rules. I'll post them when I get home tonight.

post the rule that says it is. but this happens every ranked season WG has changed the MM to make it really hard to sync drop but people have to remember that its the first few days of ranked and everyone is near the same ranks. I dont sync drop but I see clan member's every now and again. 

ps I would be more worried about seeing a lot of typhoon/hurricane clans on one team.

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,347 battles
8 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

post the rule that says it is. but this happens every ranked season WG has changed the MM to make it really hard to sync drop but people have to remember that its the first few days of ranked and everyone is near the same ranks. I dont sync drop but I see clan member's every now and again. 

It's for the very same reason that you can't run divisions in ranked battles. Having 3-5 players on the Enemy team with comms and a familiarity versus seven random strangers poses an unfair advantage. Even more so when the one or two who sync dropped but wound up on your team instead of their clans decides to support their friends, or at the very least refuse to participate against them.

Any thoughts from @Gneisenau013, @Pigeon_of_War, @Femennenly?

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles

You don't even need to sync drop to wind up with your clan in the match. I wasn't on our TeamSpeak this morning and wound up in consecutive battles with one other of my clan in it. First one opposite me & next one with me.

It actually doesn't make sense to try to sync drop often because if you wind up opposite each other someone's losing a star (except in the lower ranks where 1st place still retains their star).

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
1,607 posts
8,789 battles
Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

You don't even need to sync drop to wind up with your clan in the match. I wasn't on our TeamSpeak this morning and wound up in consecutive battles with one other of my clan in it. First one opposite me & next one with me.

It actually doesn't make sense to try to sync drop often because if you wind up opposite each other someone's losing a star (except in the lower ranks where 1st place still retains their star).

this its 50% at the best that you will end up on the same team. The only issue I would have about clans sync dropping in ranked would be if the players on the other team throw the game. This would fall under the unsportsmen like conducted rule.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles
2 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

this its 50% at the best that you will end up on the same team. The only issue I would have about clans sync dropping in ranked would be if the players on the other team throw the game. This would fall under the unsportsmen like conducted rule.

Agreed, throwing a match would be a serious issue.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles
11 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

You mean like ramming clan mates when both are full HP and being the last DD and charging into a Haragumo and Yammy in a Z52?

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles
18 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

In the morning I can see that as being more of a possibility with 4-5k people on. Server is at 14k now and 5 people from the same clan? Come on.

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles
30 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

It was clarified that top earner does not lose a star at any rank.  You can check in the client yourself.

[5D]
Members
2,208 posts
13,930 battles
3 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

It was clarified that top earner does not lose a star at any rank.  You can check in the client yourself.

Thanks for pointing that out

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
1,607 posts
8,789 battles
22 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

You mean like ramming clan mates when both are full HP and being the last DD and charging into a Haragumo and Yammy in a Z52?

you see that happen all the time people dont need to be in the same clan to have that happen.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

I know two in particular that are doing it they are always mainly on opposing teams though.

Worst part is they play the same cap and at least one of them tries to bait players into putting themselves into position so their Clan Mate on the opposing team  can take advantage of it.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles

Personally, if you're trying to be successful in Ranked, sync dropping seems like a bad idea, because if you're often ending up on opposite teams from a clan mate, one of you is going to lose.  And this is ignoring the possibility of any throwing the game shenanigans.

Of course, if you are not trying to sync drop and you end up on opposite teams from a clan mate, well, that's just dumb luck.  Do your best and move on.

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles

I had two battles in a row with sync dropping purple clans. After that I stopped playing Ranked. I'll wait til next season, when hopefully WG will switch valuable dev time from making cosmetic adjustments to ship models to seriously fixing the MM for Ranked so that this doesn't occur. 

• Bad 1

Members
280 posts
5,022 battles
2 hours ago, firemedic1428 said:

watching a Z-52 try to gunboat a Haragumo.

Tbh if the z52 smokes up and has the haru in hydro range it's not that bad. Haru cant dodge torps that well at this range, is huge, and eats shells like nobodies business.

But this is a SA clan so obv they did none of this. :cap_book:

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles
34 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Tbh if the z52 smokes up and has the haru in hydro range it's not that bad. Haru cant dodge torps that well at this range, is huge, and eats shells like nobodies business.

But this is a SA clan so obv they did none of this. :cap_book:

Yup ram kills and "jajajajaja" all match. 

Members
567 posts
41 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Personally, if you're trying to be successful in Ranked, sync dropping seems like a bad idea, because if you're often ending up on opposite teams from a clan mate, one of you is going to lose.  And this is ignoring the possibility of any throwing the game shenanigans.

Of course, if you are not trying to sync drop and you end up on opposite teams from a clan mate, well, that's just dumb luck.  Do your best and move on.

I object! Not everyone is trying to be successful in Ranked.

Trolls are Real.

It may be against the rule of sportsmanship but There are players who screw the others by not being a Team Player.

The Problem is Proving it.

A player gets to rank 12 and stops playing for advancement but to hold the team they on back from winning by doing everything Wrong.

Trolls are Real.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

I had two battles in a row with sync dropping purple clans. After that I stopped playing Ranked. I'll wait til next season, when hopefully WG will switch valuable dev time from making cosmetic adjustments to ship models to seriously fixing the MM for Ranked so that this doesn't occur. 

Its really not all that big a deal if they sync  and end up on the same team.

I mean they still are subject to loose because the rest of their team might not be all that good.

The problem is when they are on different sides in the same match and are talking to each other on Discord or TS and giving away position.

Basically trying to help each other have a good game or influence the match in each others favor.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
1,607 posts
8,789 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

what rank are you in since right now most people are in the r10-r5 bracket so you cant be surprised when you see a lot of the top clans all in one game since its only the 3rd day of ranked. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
6 hours ago, firemedic1428 said:

3 battles in a row a certain South American clan (highest WR 44%) had no less than 5 ships in a ranked match between the two teams. Normally I wouldn't catch it, but the sheer horrible play brought the clan tags to my attention. Adds to the joy of this game mode, watching a Z-52 try to gunboat a Haragumo.

I saw one match today(THANK GOODNESS OUR TEAM WAS EXTRORDINARLY GOOD, AND THEIR'S, EXCEPT FOR THEM, WAS SO CRAP THAT DESPITE THEIR BEST EFFORTS IT FELL APART AROUND THEM) where 1 clan had FIVE(!) players of the same clan on one team, and in divisions with each other!

(division-dropping, maybe?)

Edited by legoboy0401

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,319 posts
3,633 battles
1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

I saw one match today(THANK GOODNESS OUR TEAM WAS EXTRORDINARLY GOOD, AND THEIR'S, EXCEPT FOR THEM, WAS SO CRAP THAT DESPITE THEIR BEST EFFORTS IT FELL APART AROUND THEM) where 1 clan had FIVE(!) players of the same clan on one team, and in divisions with each other!

(division-dropping, maybe?)

Fairly certain you can't division in ranked pre-match.

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles
18 hours ago, Shigure_DD said:

what rank are you in since right now most people are in the r10-r5 bracket so you cant be surprised when you see a lot of the top clans all in one game since its only the 3rd day of ranked. 

I started at R15. Perhaps you're right. But that was only one of the factors. I have made some changes to the way I handle WOWs to make it more enjoyable, and one of the things I want to do is get rid of stressful things like Ranked and Clan Wars. So there's that.  

Sign in to follow this