Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Mt Everest? Bots.

9 comments in this topic

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles

Why in co-op can sooo many bots shoot over an island the height of Mt Everest and hit my ship consistently from 15k or MORE . It's just not right. :Smile_sad:

Members
705 posts
36 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Why in co-op can sooo many bots shoot over an island the height of Mt Everest and hit my ship consistently from 15k or MORE . It's just not right. :Smile_sad:

Same reason bot battleships can evade a broadside torp spread fired from 1.5km and bot VT can drop torps down a volcano crater and hit you on the other side of the island.

WG hates Co-op. They want you to play T10 Random so you can type insults for 20 minutes while nobody does anything.

Edited by No_Sky_Cancer
Spelling
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
5 minutes ago, No_Sky_Cancer said:

Same reason bot battleships can evade a broadside torp spread fired from 1.5km and bot VT can drop torps down a volcano crater and hit you on the other side of the island.

WG hates Co-op. They want you to play T10 Random so you can type insults for 20 minutes while nobody does anything.

Good answer. WG will have to drag me kicking and screaming into Tier 10. Getting a taste of the high tiers random in Tier 7 Scharn as I am now getting put in a lot of tier 8-9 matches. Boring. Very boring IMO. Last one I was in was like watching paint dry...but each to their own. 

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles
1 hour ago, No_Sky_Cancer said:

*Snip*

You may have noticed that more and more Missions and Challenges now include PvE.  As a matter of fact, The Hit Hard! Halsey Campaign even allows you to complete Tasks in PvE.  This is nice for me because I have learned not to play PvP when I am tired or distracted.  Always killed my stats to have to play Randoms when I knew I wasn't up to it in order to complete some Mission, Task, or Campaign.

As the Devs have said in interviews, they intended PvE as a place for new players and for players to test out new ships.  They have noticed that it is the game mode of choice for many players and are actively looking for ways to make it more enjoyable.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles
50 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Good answer. WG will have to drag me kicking and screaming into Tier 10. Getting a taste of the high tiers random in Tier 7 Scharn as I am now getting put in a lot of tier 8-9 matches. Boring. Very boring IMO. Last one I was in was like watching paint dry...but each to their own. 

Probably because I play Cruisers, DDs, and Battlecruisers, I have never really noticed the camping being irritating.  At least as it pertains to my play.  I am usually actively running around trying to not get one-shot while trying to eliminate Red players.  I used to wonder why people didn't all push in early like in Tier 6, or the suicidalesque PvE.  But a bit more experience (and getting insta-deleted numerous times) taught me the difference between aggressive and foolish play.  In all fairness, it has taken me almost a year to do it, but Tier 10 feels like any other Tier, except I have fast, hard hitting, accurate guns and ships that are nicely responsive.  Unfortunately, I still have my 49% WR...

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

Probably because I play Cruisers, DDs, and Battlecruisers, I have never really noticed the camping being irritating.  At least as it pertains to my play.  I am usually actively running around trying to not get one-shot while trying to eliminate Red players.  I used to wonder why people didn't all push in early like in Tier 6, or the suicidalesque PvE.  But a bit more experience (and getting insta-deleted numerous times) taught me the difference between aggressive and foolish play.  In all fairness, it has taken me almost a year to do it, but Tier 10 feels like any other Tier, except I have fast, hard hitting, accurate guns and ships that are nicely responsive.  Unfortunately, I still have my 49% WR...

Good for you.  I may get me a tier 10 someday but for now I am ok where I am. I like the mid-tiers and I like a lotta shooting. Tks

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Good for you.  I may get me a tier 10 someday but for now I am ok where I am. I like the mid-tiers and I like a lotta shooting. Tks

Long and completely unnecessary reply.

No offense intended.  Up until the 2017 Anniversary I had determined that there was no way I would be playing Tier 10.  Tier 8 (aka Tier 10) play was more stress than I wanted to have out of a game that was supposed to be a relaxing diversion from work and life.  Then, I figured I really wanted one of those Super Containers and the Minotaur had been fun to play in PTS.  So, I killed my WR pushing through Edinburgh and Neptune (was not ready for them) and got the Minotaur.  Then, for some reason I forget, I pushed through to Des Moines, really killing my WR.  Played one game in each and parked them because Tier 10 was not for me.  I would take them out in PvE on occasion, but was very intimidated.

Fast forward to Ranked Season 9.  I had added Henry IV because I found it to be fun in PTS, there was some promotion around it, and I really like the French Cruisers.  I also have a Clan and had started thinking about participating in Clan Battles for the rewards and teamwork.  Did a lot of PvE practicing and tried a few Random battles and they felt totally different than I remembered.  Played a couple of Ranked Tier 10 battles but the self-induced stress was more than I wanted to deal with.  This Ranked Season, though, Tier 10 feels like any other battle except that I can do more with my ship.

Between then and now, I realized that some little pixel game was intimidating me and that was unacceptable.  I stopped paying attention to the negative comments about high tier play and started focusing on how to get the battle objectives accomplished given the tools at hand; just like when I was in the military or my business/teaching career.  Somehow, I now am able to enjoy high tier play and many of my beloved Tier 6 and lower ships feel like inadequate toys.  I ran the Danae for the Ship Tour mission and it felt painfully inadequate.

So, I can easily understand the perspective many players have about high tier play.  In fact, my Fiji was my go to ship throughout Go! Navy.  Before I got the hang of being more tactical in my approach, Tier 10 was bothersome (painful/irritating/intimidating) in its meta.  Now that I understand it better, I actually enjoy it quite a bit, but not as a steady diet.  With that said, Perth and Leander are still great fun and a session of Tier 6/7 PvE is always a welcome diversion.

This game is supposed to be fun.  Play what you want, when you want.  Black Swan (RIP) to Stalingrad, it is all a game...

"Fair winds and following sea..."

• Cool 2

[BLHK]
Members
292 posts
3,279 battles
3 hours ago, dmckay said:

I think as you move up the tiers the play gets more clinical. By T10 most players have a lot of games under their belt and have gotten most of the basic mistakes out of their system. It is one of the reasons I exclusively play down around T6 - Still a nice mix of clinical play and genuine surprises.  

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
26 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

I think as you move up the tiers the play gets more clinical. By T10 most players have a lot of games under their belt and have gotten most of the basic mistakes out of their system. It is one of the reasons I exclusively play down around T6 - Still a nice mix of clinical play and genuine surprises.  

Lotta games?  Ya most I would think. But the tier I hear dissed absolutely the most for getting noobie players that are clueless and over their head is tier 10. 50 matches.....but they got a tier 10 BB....heh. :Smile_teethhappy:  It's ok.  Game needs to make money.

Sign in to follow this