You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jakob_Knight

Map Bug - Tears of the Desert

9 comments in this topic

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,573 battles

During a Ranked match on the map Tears of the Desert, my Zao cruiser was maneuvering to pass between the two islands at Cap B.  While passing close to the leftmost island, it became grounded while still clear (barely) of the shallow colored water around the island.  Repeated attempts to reverse and move forwards to break free of the grounding were unsuccessful, with only minimal amount of movement forwards and backwards possible.  As a result, my ship was out of the battle until sunk by an enemy Yamato.  It is likely this occurrence played a significant part in our loss of the match, as my firepower and support was denied my team.

A related note I will report here is that there appears to be no way to report a bug of this kind on the Support Page.  Given that this sort of bug has considerable effect on the game, this is something I find rather puzzling.

[5D]
Members
2,213 posts
13,968 battles

Sometimes it takes awhile to dislodge from a grounding and it's best to ask a teammate to ram you to knock you out of the situation.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
1 hour ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Given that this sort of bug has considerable effect on the game, this is something I find rather puzzling.

It's not a bug; you grounded yourself and paid the (ultimate) price, as did your team.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
21 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It's not a bug; you grounded yourself and paid the (ultimate) price, as did your team.

More likely was some micro lag so he thought he was clear when the server had decided he was not. It is best to give a wide berth to islands.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

More likely was some micro lag so he thought he was clear when the server had decided he was not. It is best to give a wide berth to islands.

It certainly is if you're playing a Zao!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

It certainly is if you're playing a Zao!

It used to be that you would find yourself aground even when you had allowed a good distance. That seems to have been knocked down so now when you go aground it is almost always because you were way too close.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It used to be that you would find yourself aground even when you had allowed a good distance. That seems to have been knocked down so now when you go aground it is almost always because you were way too close.

When the game went to closed Beta players were running aground every match, LOL! Even Notser!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

When the game went to closed Beta players were running aground every match, LOL! Even Notser!

Islands of Ice had several invisible islands, great fun stopping dead from full tilt.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,573 battles
15 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Sometimes it takes awhile to dislodge from a grounding and it's best to ask a teammate to ram you to knock you out of the situation.

I was perma-grounded for about five minutes, trying to dislodge myself. I've experienced grounding before in my gameplay, and know how to get free.

I was parallel to the island, with the hull in the dark blue water that means deep water. Yet, despite turning, reversing and forwarding, I remained stuck. That's not a normal grounding, and so I report it as another case of a map location where perma-grounding can occur ( yes, the devs want to know these spots as it was a point of note back when they were far more common).

That there seems to no longer be a way to report these in the normal support section is what also surprised me, as this sort of thing was a rather big problem at one point.