You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

New USN BB 10-P Captian

14 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,231 battles

I'm getting a new 10-P captain from the Arsenal, for the USN BB line, he is going to spend most his in the Texas and Arizona for the time being. How would you spec him?

Any difference between Dasha Perova and the Cybermedes? Does Dasha only speak Russian?

Edited by Markk9

[HINON]
Members
9,056 posts

PT EM SI CE AFT AR BOS 

This is if you want to take him up the line. You could sub in fp if you hate fires or more aa skills if you hate planes more.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,908 posts
7,492 battles
28 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I'm getting a new 10-P captain from the Arsenal, for the USN BB line, he is going to spend most his in the Texas and Arizona for the time being. How would you spec him?

Any difference between Dasha Perova and the Cybermedes? Does Dasha only speak Russian?

That depends on which one you will use him the most in.

For the Texas, I use PT/PM, EM, BFT, AFT. Put in the AA upgrade and an AA flag and you have a maxed out AA spec Texas. MFCAA doesn't help the Texas as her largest AA gun is 76.2mm which is too small for the MFCAA skill to help.

For the Arizona, the AA is practically non-existent, so I would go with PT/PM, EM, BoS, for a survivability build.

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,231 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

That depends on which one you will use him the most in.

For the Texas, I use PT/PM, EM, BFT, AFT. Put in the AA upgrade and an AA flag and you have a maxed out AA spec Texas. MFCAA doesn't help the Texas as her largest AA gun is 76.2mm which is too small for the MFCAA skill to help.

For the Arizona, the AA is practically non-existent, so I would go with PT/PM, EM, BoS, for a survivability build.

I was planning to mostly use him in Arizona, until I finish the german cruiser line, at T9. My plan is play the Roon to get the daily bonus, then rotate through my premium ships to build up some silver and free XP for the upgrade to the T10 german cruiser. Once I get the german cruiser line done, I plan to switch to the USN BB line and work my way up, I will be start the USN BB line at T3.

[-WPG-]
Members
821 posts
3,401 battles

I would suggest grinding quickly to the T5 New York, maybe even the T6, and assign the captain to that before playin him too much on the AZ/TX. Tiers 3-5 progress very quickly, especially with the new low tier discounts. Retraining 10+ captains takes so long at low tiers that you'll constantly be in retraining and thus not able to use his skills. 

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,231 battles
17 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I would suggest grinding quickly to the T5 New York, maybe even the T6, and assign the captain to that before playin him too much on the AZ/TX. Tiers 3-5 progress very quickly, especially with the new low tier discounts. Retraining 10+ captains takes so long at low tiers that you'll constantly be in retraining and thus not able to use his skills. 

I'm not worried about the cost of retraining, I'm willing to pay the 250/500 doubloons to retraining my captain.

[PVE]
Members
9,908 posts
7,492 battles
32 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I'm not worried about the cost of retraining, I'm willing to pay the 250/500 doubloons to retraining my captain.

That adds up quick from T3 to T10. You are looking at 2k to 4k doubloons. That is a T7 to T9 perma-camo for a ship you want to keep.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That adds up quick from T3 to T10. You are looking at 2k to 4k doubloons. That is a T7 to T9 perma-camo for a ship you want to keep.

Some of us just pay to train captains and don’t regard 4K as a lot of doubloons.   There’s a reason I’m sitting on piles of 19 point captains right now.  Maybe the OP takes a similar approach.

[PVE]
Members
9,908 posts
7,492 battles
10 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Some of us just pay to train captains and don’t regard 4K as a lot of doubloons.   There’s a reason I’m sitting on piles of 19 point captains right now.  Maybe the OP takes a similar approach.

Congrats.

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,231 battles
50 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm not putting anybody down with this, but I'm in my late 40's, wife and I have good jobs, I can afford to spend money on my hobbies. My big hobby is owning a private aircraft, now, that is a money hole. 

Edited by Markk9

[PVE]
Members
9,908 posts
7,492 battles
3 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I'm not putting anybody down with this, but I'm in my late 40's, wife and I have good jobs, I can afford to spend money on my hobbies. My big hobby is owning a private aircraft, now, that is a money hole. 

Which is worse, planes or boats? :)

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,231 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Which is worse, planes or boats? :)

I don't have a boat, but I spend close to 20K a year on the aircraft.

[PVE]
Members
9,908 posts
7,492 battles
1 minute ago, Markk9 said:

I don't have a boat, but I spend close to 20K a year on the aircraft.

Sounds like they are close enough to not matter. :Smile_teethhappy: