Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUNNYHUGGERI

Need some help guys. Ship choice for ranked.

12 comments in this topic

[HAPPY]
Members
37 posts
10,972 battles

Ok...it does not seem to matter which ship I bring...SOMEONE has a [edited] about it.  Shima...sorry....radar kids...capping is out at the beginning.  Des Moines...don't like it...Monty...same.  I love my Moskva but realize it is limited in damage.  This brings me to my Khabbbie.  I love this guy.  I think I am doing pretty damn well in it.  I average around 60-65k damage and manage to push people around a bit.  Granted that it is AWFUL to take a cap with unless it is a cap that needs you to rush to get it.  Then it is the BEST at it.  It IS a situational ship but most of the time I can work it and draw a veritable cascade of enemy fire off of my team as I generally play it like a berserk looney shooting at everything that is red.  I think my best potential (bounced) damage was around 4.8 million so far.  It just seems that no matter what you drive SOMEONE on your team is pissed you brought it.

So....for you guys that will look me up...should I use the Khabbie or the Shimmie.

I appreciate any and all input (nope) reasonable constructive input.

Thank you for your consideration.

Members
5 posts
14,169 battles

Play what you want and are good at. Suck at shima so only play her till a win and surprise surprise so far a win each single play this ranked. 52 I use all day to spot for the battleships and cruisers and decent at her. Love my hindy and will support a decent push. Still working my GK skills but still roll her down the ways.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,667 battles

The ships that seem to Excel seem to be those that play their role well but are also flexible.  The PA DDs suffer due to limited torps, Zao suffers because it doesn't have the host of radar or hydro, etc.  Not to say the better players can't make anything play well, but for those of us on the bottom, choose a Swiss army knife.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,622 battles

Des Moins and Sauce together with the Harugumo seems to be the flavor of this weekend. Ship dosn't matter. If you have some suicidial players in your team, that have no clue, you can forget about the match. You can also collect enough salt to keep your neighborhood free of ice in the coming winter. Just play the ship you are comfortable and confident with. Oh, and don't forget flags, camo and premium consumables.

• Cool 1

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
143 posts
1,813 battles

I used my Tirpitz until the message on the battle button said tier 10 ships to continue ok that kind of blows, Since I don't have anything above tier 8 thanks WG.

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
53 minutes ago, Vasius12 said:

Play what you want and are good at. Suck at shima so only play her till a win and surprise surprise so far a win each single play this ranked. 52 I use all day to spot for the battleships and cruisers and decent at her. Love my hindy and will support a decent push. Still working my GK skills but still roll her down the ways.

The only thing better than a stealthy DD using that stealth is a spotting CV.

[WOLF2]
Members
168 posts
13,844 battles

get a brain you will do fine, if you forgot it at home then nothing will save you

[NG-NL]
Members
4,952 posts
8,094 battles

Play the ships you know well. If someone's miffed at your choice, that's his problem.

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

I picked the ships i am best at in their tier.  Atago for the tier 8 part, swapping to Zao for tier 10. 

One game in a DD while i was waiting for my Atago to get out of battle.  Harekaze is my best DD, so i used her while i waited.

You should do the same.  Dont chase stupid trends, play to YOUR strengths.

Sign in to follow this