You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ccsprague46

Should CVs be banned from Ranked?

Should CVs be banned from Ranked?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Should they?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but there needs to be regulation.
    • Yeah, until the CV rework is complete.

48 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Beta Testers
62 posts
3,432 battles

Should they be banned from Ranked?

The massive skill gap in them is striking.

That or can we at least have a minimum WR require or number of battles?

Edited by ccsprague46
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 9

[AXANR]
Beta Testers
62 posts
3,432 battles
2 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

The hell’s a matter with you?

Well I just experienced 4 battles where the same 2 CVs went at it. And both times the team that had the awful CV failed at life.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,803 battles

Ban them until the rework is complete - if they are too broken for CB (facing coordinated teams with a higher chance of both CVs being skilled) then they are too broken for ranked. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
15 minutes ago, ccsprague46 said:

Well I just experienced 4 battles where the same 2 CVs went at it. And both times the team that had the awful CV failed at life.

Yeah WG JUST released hints of RN CVs and CV rework and from before subtle hints.  They’re like around the corner.  Why ban them and kill enthusiasm.

(Plus this Ranked Season sucks with decision making from the Devs and everyone knows it.  Seriously, Ranked Tier 10?  Again?)

Edited by Airglide2

Beta Testers
2,831 posts
4,033 battles

i want to buy the enterprise WG,the ship is the anti -cv,come on,that will help the MM :^)

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Bad 1

Members
2,210 posts
4,051 battles

Nope and they should lose their hard mirror. That way we lose the 10+ minute que times.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
334 posts
8,500 battles

I don't understand why they aren't allowed in Clan Battle. Yet they are allowed in Ranked....

Why aren't they allowed in CB?

Members
202 posts
2,696 battles
14 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Where are these mythical CVs in ranked that you speak of? I've seen none yet.

Have you gotten to rank 10 yet?

CVs are haunting the hell out of rank 10 right now.

The worst part isn't even that there are CVs out there, its that now that the Worcester exists, 1-2 CVs in queue means at least 4 Worcesters per match. Its making DDs unplayable, and that's saying something considering most people already consider DDs unplayable. I'm not even sure what to do about that. There really isn't a "counter" for the Worcester out there. Its concealment is too high for anything to just pick one off willy-nilly. You need coordinated Radar and kiting ships to effectively take one down, and even then its not a DD who gets flat killed if its locked down under fire.

• Cool 2

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,772 battles
1 hour ago, ccsprague46 said:

Should they be banned from Ranked?

No! 

-1 for asking that question.

• Bad 2

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

cvs are alread "banned" from rank 15<, theres no way to play with this lot wh0rechesters and memetaurs.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,961 posts
8,109 battles

That's why you run AA build in Ranked and stay together, if so worried about CVs.

[HIT]
Members
67 posts
5,792 battles
32 minutes ago, Reymu said:

That's why you run AA build in Ranked and stay together, if so worried about CVs.

Right. Because there’s no sacrifice made speccing into AA when you most often don’t run into any. 

Nor is there any deficiencies in being forced into a single course of action. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Beta Testers
62 posts
3,432 battles
7 hours ago, Sou1forge said:

Its concealment is too high for anything to just pick one off willy-nilly. You need coordinated Radar and kiting ships to effectively take one down, and even then its not a DD who gets flat killed if its locked down under fire.

This.

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,137 battles

Unpopular opinion here but I feel like they need to remove CVs and refund what ever players got until the rework is finished.

I currently think they don't have a place in this game WITH the current mechanics. Which makes me extremely sad as I absolutely love CVs.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,992 posts
1 hour ago, Merlox said:

Unpopular opinion here but I feel like they need to remove CVs and refund what ever players got until the rework is finished.

I currently think they don't have a place in this game WITH the current mechanics. Which makes me extremely sad as I absolutely love CVs.

You can take my Enterprise from my cold, dead hands.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,137 battles
5 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

You can take my Enterprise from my cold, dead hands.

Your Enterprise gets absolutely shut down vs my Kidd (No way a DD should be able to shoot down 25+ planes in 1 sitting)... but it does. There's your CV flaw of the day.

Edited by Merlox
I made it not as mean.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,992 posts
9 hours ago, Merlox said:

Your Enterprise gets absolutely shut down vs my Kidd (No way a DD should be able to shoot down 25+ planes in 1 sitting)... but it does. There's your CV flaw of the day.

Why would I send my aircraft against a Kidd again? (You know, considering the terrible torp formation and carrying AP bombs all the time?) The only time I attack a Kidd is if she is the last thing on the map.