Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

"Pin Up" Contest Question

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles

Was reading my email from Wargaming about the "Pin Up" video contest where they want a bunch of people to see the video. Here is a link to understand what I am talking about:  https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pinup-contest/

When you read thru the terms, Wargaming says it will give prizes to those who participated in watching the video.. My question is, how do they know who watched their video and who did not? I mean I watched it several times looking for codes and the like, but how are the prizes going to be doled out? Do I need to subscribe to Wargaming's YouTube channel? Are the prizes going to be server wide? Anyone have a clue what Wargaming means by "participate" in regards to this contest? 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,050 posts
2,213 battles

Nope.  But I don't mind.

You should subscribe.  They don't pester you, you just get a passive YT notice that something new is up.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

@Taylor3006 they have 3 levels of how many times video is viewed! We will all get prizes if number of views exceeds those levels within the stated time frame! So subscribe and view the vid over and over to hit 1 million views and Max out our prizes.

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles

I hate subscribing, people think I like their content then........ 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

Its free and it is the official WoWs youtube channel!

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Its free and it is the official WoWs youtube channel!

LOL... ok.... <insert my "I care" face here>

Anyways anyone know for sure how they are going to award the prizes?

Edited by Taylor3006

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

@Taylor3006 the levels are 300k, 500k and 1 million views. They will publish bonus codes and anyone playing during this Pinup video portion of the birthday event is eligible to redeem the bonus codes! 3 days and a few hours to go to 1 million it is at 400k now.

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Taylor3006 the levels are 300k, 500k and 1 million views. They will publish bonus codes and anyone playing during this Pinup video portion of the birthday event is eligible to redeem the bonus codes! 3 days and a few hours to go to 1 million it is at 400k now.

Right it says that in the link. My question is how do they determine who participated? I think it is their wording (as usual) that is confusing. I imagine they will probably just publish it for everyone to use but the word "participate" is what is giving me gas. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

@Taylor3006 They do not have to determine anything If you play during this period just watch for the bonus codes to be published and use them! 

Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles

i'm not watching the videos and i'm getting the pin ups.

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
53 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i'm not watching the videos and i'm getting the pin ups.

Not the patches but the rewards if the video get so many views... They are going to give prizes out if they hit 300k, 500k and 1 million views (if my memory is correct). Now get over and watch the video you slackard! 

BTW I subscribed to their YouTube channel now.. I feel so dirty... 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF3]
Members
6,050 posts
2,213 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Right it says that in the link. My question is how do they determine who participated? I think it is their wording (as usual) that is confusing. I imagine they will probably just publish it for everyone to use but the word "participate" is what is giving me gas. 

I don't think they gather ID from YT.  I don't think they can, though who knows nowadays.

More likely they track who goes there through their portals - News and game clients, etc.

[FARQD]
Members
308 posts
5,918 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not the patches but the rewards if the video get so many views... They are going to give prizes out if they hit 300k, 500k and 1 million views (if my memory is correct). Now get over and watch the video you slackard! 

BTW I subscribed to their YouTube channel now.. I feel so dirty... 

I guess they will give out the crates to everyone on the server? Don't quote me on that though.

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
2 hours ago, sansfaille said:

I guess they will give out the crates to everyone on the server? Don't quote me on that though.

Yeah I tend to agree. The language they choose is just terrible, must be a translation problem or the like. Guess we will see. 

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
477 posts
5,497 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Was reading my email from Wargaming about the "Pin Up" video contest where they want a bunch of people to see the video. Here is a link to understand what I am talking about:  https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pinup-contest/

When you read thru the terms, Wargaming says it will give prizes to those who participated in watching the video.. My question is, how do they know who watched their video and who did not? I mean I watched it several times looking for codes and the like, but how are the prizes going to be doled out? Do I need to subscribe to Wargaming's YouTube channel? Are the prizes going to be server wide? Anyone have a clue what Wargaming means by "participate" in regards to this contest? 

If you don't enter the code, you didn't participate!

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
6 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

If you don't enter the code, you didn't participate!

Nice point, hadn't thought of that. That is is a possibility I suppose.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this