Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Sigh...new keyboard human factors....

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,891 battles

Hooked up my new keyboard yesterday.  Had just finished a match and decided to take a screen shot.  The distance vector to the old keyboard's PrtSc is now equal to the new keyboards Power button.  PC turned off!!!!

Wow....I had to figure out how to disable that "feature" pronto.  Lucky I wasn't in a match...or ranked battle...when I saw something worthy of a screen shot.

What keyboard engineer thinks it's a good idea to design a keyboard arrangement with a power command placed next to an assortment of other keys that are regularly accessed. Or even to have it one press accessible regardless of where it's placed.  Or maybe it's a combined human factors fail with the OS...an OS that defaults to power off when the "button" command is received.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

My favorite cure for a key like that "usually the Caps Lock" is to pry the key off and seal the hole.

I'm old , crotchety, and don't put up with my shaking fumble fingers catching on unwanted, annoying, and dangerous keys. :cap_cool:

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles
26 minutes ago, Dadrox said:

My favorite cure for a key like that "usually the Caps Lock" is to pry the key off and seal the hole.

I'm old , crotchety, and don't put up with my shaking fumble fingers catching on unwanted, annoying, and dangerous keys. :cap_cool:

I've remapped Caps Lock to make it non-functional as it's almost never used nowadays and just gets in the way.

Via Regedit

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-caps-lock-key-in-windows-vista/

A program makes it easier.

https://lifehacker.com/5883003/the-best-key-remapper-for-windows

Edited by Snargfargle

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,891 battles

Oh, and some of my favorites from the Microsoft security settings:

Where you have to enable a disable to disable.

Or, disable a disable to enable.

Members
705 posts
11 hours ago, Dadrox said:

New keyboards in my den get Caps super-glued right out of the box.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

My question is what the heck kind of keyboard comes with a power button? I think I'll just stick to my old-school cheap and reliable ones, thanks.

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles

I don't have a lot of 'bells and whistles" on my keyboard but one set of keys that I use constantly are the volume keys.

Sign in to follow this