You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

A Year of WOWS - my thoughts.

7 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,801 posts
3,966 battles

According to the profile page in the game, I first started playing on August 23 2017, so just a few days over a year.

I've had a great year and it's been lots of fun. Was more than a little jealous at first of people who had won ships, but isn't that the lot of the newbie? So off I went. In the time since, I have gone as high as Tier 9 in the tech tree (Neptune), developed my first 19 point captain, picked up Vampire, Varyag, Tachibana Lima and Indianapolis as prize ships, Bretagne and Normandie as early unlocks (fully researched and paid for), Aigle and Campbeltown as coal ships, Nelson with Free XP, free special premium camo for Normandie and Wakatake, Cleveland, Baltimore and Bismarck, two 10 point unique commanders, a 6 point special-event commander, earned enough doubloons in battle to buy permacamo for T6 Cleveland that became permacamo for T6 Pensacola and T8 Cleveland, and was even gifted a ship and captain by a kind stranger. I've finished Science of Victory, am well on the way in Yamamoto, and am hoping to get him and maybe even the Shinonome by the end of this year (new goal for myself).

Thanks for a great first year in the game, Wargaming; may there be many more.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles

I've been playing longer in time but had to take an extended break due to hardware issues.  So our gaming time is about the same.

I too have enjoyed my time and accomplishments and I join you in thanking Wargaming.

:Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,852 battles

Congrats on the achievements and hope your next year is just as enjoyable 

Beta Testers
1,239 posts
1,726 battles

Welllll, I'vre been playing practically since day 1. Dec: 2013. I'll admit, the game has had its ups and downs for me, and lately life has thrown more curves at me adding in a few more downs. It's a good game. I do enjoy it, but my addiction too it is long over and I'll never go back to playing 12 or 14 hours a day like i did once.. Hell, it took me until just a couple months ago, to earn the Zao/Senjo. All the people I knew: the original FOG and the Original ARP, are gone. No one says Poi any more and focus has shifted to whos better and who's just a shitter and away from just having fun.. Yeah, it's still a good game, but kiddo, you have no idea what you missed.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles
4 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_Mikasa said:

No one says Poi any more

Thank goodness for that.

But I would like to have seen the early days.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,120 posts
18,633 battles

Gratz for your first year!

WoWs changed a lot since CBT. Game mechanics, techtree (yeah, we had only the IJN and USN then). While the stone, paper, scissor approach was thrown overboard, we got many different flavors of ships. And yes,salty is one of them. Events went to being more player friendly (ARP anyone?). And those include a good number of goodies like premium ships and permanent camos. Still enough things to fix but they kept me playing.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,801 posts
3,966 battles
7 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_Mikasa said:

.. Yeah, it's still a good game, but kiddo, you have no idea what you missed.

Oh, you wouldn't believe how often I kick myself for not getting into WOWS much, MUCH earlier than I did.