Sign in to follow this  
Xanture

IX Carrier queue stacking

6 comments in this topic

[NOODL]
Beta Testers
15 posts
3,481 battles

I didn't know T9 carriers could div up with T10s. Certainly, this should be considered an exploit. I know there are carrier changes upcoming but this should seem like an easy thing to fix in the meantime.

image.thumb.png.91510a5034f190a33da7c38b1b4389ce.png

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing the problem here. Why would a tier 9 CV want to give up the chance to be top tier by divving with a tier 10?  I'm not seeing the advantage of divving up with a tier 10 here, other than the fact that he divved up with a strong AA cruiser.  After all, he could have divved up with a strong tier 9 AA cruiser instead.

[NOODL]
Beta Testers
15 posts
3,481 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing the problem here. Why would a tier 9 CV want to give up the chance to be top tier by divving with a tier 10?  I'm not seeing the advantage of divving up with a tier 10 here, other than the fact that he divved up with a strong AA cruiser.  After all, he could have divved up with a strong tier 9 AA cruiser instead.

So the advantage is when you queue up in a T9 CV with a div of T10 AA ships you then are guaranteed to have an AA advantage. Between the difference in HP of planes and the raw AA dps of T10 ships like the Worchester, you can pretty much create a controllable no-fly zone. Though this can be offset by RNG of course as the opposite team might have a good amount of strong AA ships, but in my experience randoms lack the coordination to properly take advantage of it. There are videos about it online calling it division anchoring.

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
46 minutes ago, Xanture said:

So the advantage is when you queue up in a T9 CV with a div of T10 AA ships you then are guaranteed to have an AA advantage. Between the difference in HP of planes and the raw AA dps of T10 ships like the Worchester, you can pretty much create a controllable no-fly zone. Though this can be offset by RNG of course as the opposite team might have a good amount of strong AA ships, but in my experience randoms lack the coordination to properly take advantage of it. There are videos about it online calling it division anchoring.

There's no guarantee that the enemy team won't have the exact same AA cruisers.  And a smart solo CV player can take advantage of his team's AA cruisers.  The one difference is that a good AA cruiser in a div with a CV may work with the CV and try to set up in a good location to catch enemy planes that his div mate CV may drag over him.  But you can do the exact same thing if the entire division is same tier or it's a tier 9 CV divved with a tier 10 AA cruiser.

Honestly, it seems like a FAR nastier trick to do with tier 7 CVs divving up with a tier 8 cruiser, since then you create the potential to face tier 10 ships which are out of a tier 7 CV's normal MM.  I think that the most extreme example of this is a div with a tier 7 Saipan and some tier 8 AA cruiser, possibly dragging in something like a Kaga with its tier 6 planes into a tier 10 battle.  The Saipan at least has the advantage of tier 9 planes, even if it's not very many of them in small squadrons.

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles
21 hours ago, Xanture said:

I didn't know T9 carriers could div up with T10s. Certainly, this should be considered an exploit. I know there are carrier changes upcoming but this should seem like an easy thing to fix in the meantime.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.91510a5034f190a33da7c38b1b4389ce.png

It does't considered as an exploit at the moment. You can use such div. It doesn't break any rules because there are many ships on the level and there is no problem to balance such divs correctly.
Let's wait untill the upcoming carrier changes.