You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Feels Good, When You Get Compliments From The Opposition

6 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles

The real let down is that not even 1 of your own team compliments you (well, one player did in team chat).

20180825_172556_PJSD518-Asashio_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

shot-18_08.25_17_45.05-0027.thumb.jpg.0b98ddb1d6eb2b4212890f4443dcdf3e.jpg

Then later you do this and nope, notta, zip, zilch, no sale.

20180826_014007_PASB518-Massachusetts_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

shot-18_08.26_01_58.42-0130.thumb.jpg.6b5f5182a73a2fab29171dab617c6081.jpg

How come it's so easy to report players but not so easy to give them a pat on the back. There is no reason to waste your daily allotment on AFK players, the game already knows. Compliment your team mates when they do well. Recognition goes a long way and it takes so little time to compliment some one.

I suppose in the first replay, that the team thought all was lost and none stayed to watch a route. Probably thinking why did we get the Asashio on our team? That damn thing can't even torp most of the ships, we lose automatically.

To the enemy that complimented me, I promptly complimented you back, Thank You.

GL and fair RNGs

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

I always complement the winning red team for a job well done if they play well. Unfortunately, my team usually takes this as an insult to themselves and I get "reported" nearly every time I do it. Of course, I could use the Karma system to complement one or two on the other team but it's limited and abused so much to be pretty much meaningless.

I complemented this guy for essentially winning the game single-handily as he took out our DDs with a single strike immediately after the game started.

shot-18_08.26_10_23.57-0979.jpg.921b1b9657accb04de75b379d0cb8593.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I try to give compliments when I can, especially if I'm playing a carrier and my opposite number gives me a run for my money. I actually got a compliment in ranked today in my Hindenburg for getting two dev strikes while fighting two-on-one. We lost.

[STW-D]
Members
1,848 posts
5,651 battles

I generally make it a habit to use up all my compliments by the end of the day. Those that score exceptionally well (even if on the enemy team) get compliments.

I also compliment (both the mechanic and in chat) people for good play and manners—something that is rather difficult to find these days. If I run out of compliments, I generally use port chat instead to send them a congratulatory message.

As for reports, I generally save them for people who are being exceptionally rude or for blatantly poor play without any sort of excuse or attempt to learn (for instance, I'll forgive a guy who got detonated early on, played a stock ship, or asks for advice after dying, but I'll report a guy who gets <200 base xp in a tier 8-10 game and was silent the entire round). Although usually, if I'm reporting for toxicity in chat, I'm screenshotting it and sending a service ticket.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

I've reported maaaaybe 5 players, but run out of compliments tons of times... The best was one game where a Kii  and myself in an Atlanta trash talked the entire game till we killed each other....then gave each other a karma point... 

• Cool 1

Members
41 posts
1,088 battles

Must be nice to be complimented. I rarely ever get points. I get reported more than complimented it seems.. never been negative karma, but I still hate the system. Every match I try my best to support the team, save team members, and all of that. But I never get noticed for it. And, its really getting quite old.

Tired of being trolled through the karma system by potatoes.