Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Ok, let's hope the September marathon won't be that hard

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,080 posts
18,615 battles

With 30k doubloons lying around and the chance to earn the 4k for this camo back, I just jumped the gun.

MWzgTjy.jpg

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,915 posts
6,414 battles
44 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

With 30k doubloons lying around and the chance to earn the 4k for this camo back, I just jumped the gun.

MWzgTjy.jpg

*points at camo'ed Helena screaming happily*

also where did you get it and isnt it earnable like the one for Normandie was?

Edited by tcbaker777

[EQRN]
Members
299 posts
8,626 battles

I don’t get it, there’s no mission to get this for free?  It’s only available in-game for 4K?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,915 posts
6,414 battles
2 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I don’t get it, there’s no mission to get this for free?  It’s only available in-game for 4K?

surely WG would bring out missions to earn it, i dont see why they wouldnt

[FARQD]
Members
301 posts
5,862 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Something to do with WGs blunder. They said they didn't intend to release the camo for some US light cruiser (I guess its Helena and was from some camo design competition) but was available for in-game purchase using doubloons. They wanted to give it away as part of some mission and have said that they would refund the doubloons if one can earn the camo in the mission. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,915 posts
6,414 battles
3 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Something to do with WGs blunder. They said they didn't intend to release the camo for some US light cruiser (I guess its Helena and was from some camo design competition) but was available for in-game purchase using doubloons. They wanted to give it away as part of some mission and have said that they would refund the doubloons if one can earn the camo in the mission. 

Thank you good sir

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Members
1,186 posts
7,580 battles

Eh, I admire your restraint. Considering that I have almost every line at tier X (excluding the Warchester) and over a year's worth of premium I've no need for my doubloons to get Free XP or Premium so I went and bought several of the special camos for the anniversary (All three Atagos, one of the Tirp's, one of the Scharn's).

[ARGSY]
Members
5,680 posts
3,870 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

MWzgTjy.jpg

It's a camo marathon, not a ship marathon. With the exception that it's a tier higher and quite a bit more expensive, I can't see this being much harder than the Normandie camo tasks. I'm only hoping it'll still be open and achievable sometime between when I get back from an early September holiday and when the new patch drops. Come on, WG; leave it open for the whole patch. Pretty please?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,080 posts
18,615 battles
52 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

From reddit a few days ago

DiscussionPSA: Remembrance Night Skin for USS Helena (self.WorldOfWarships)

submitted 2 days ago by Tuccy - announcement

Captains,

Due to a slight miscommunication the Helena Remembrance Night skin – designed by Haleos in the Camouflage Design Contest – was prematurely made available for doubloon purchase in the client. This was not intended – the skin will be a subject of a mission marathon in September and we wanted to let you know when it was closer to the date.

To make up for this mistake, we will be exceptionally compensating the skin for doubloons – meaning if you have already bought the skin (or will do so before the marathon ends), you will have its value (4,000 doubloons) credited to your account.

Thank you for your understanding!

Action Stations!

Sign in to follow this