You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

Captain skills for Roon/Hindenburg?

10 comments in this topic

Members
5,020 posts
2,954 battles

Pretty out of touch with the meta these days. What's the current recommended build(s) for Roon and Hindenburg?

[O_O]
Beta Testers
159 posts
2,728 battles

Good question.

Currently I am working on the Hindenburg with a 17 point captain (with 2 unused points) and the following skills:

1.  PT

2.  EM, ER

3. SE, DE

4. CE

When I get 1 more point I will get:   3. Superintendent

And then for the final point:  1. PM

Seems like a generally balanced cruiser build, but wonder what others think?

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles

For Randoms, I run

PT, EL

EM, AR

SI, DE, Vigilance

CE

[13CLM]
Members
202 posts
1,123 battles

My Roon captian has 16 points, PT. PM, AR, SI, CE, FP

Detect by sea is 11.1, Max firing range is 18.8, I like this.

Edited by Markk9

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
34 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

PT, EL

EM, AR

SI, DE, Vigilance

CE

Have a 19 point Captain in both Hindenburg and Zao both setup the same and with spotter planes

like the Zao just a tad better maybe because she has better rudder shift and is a lot less detectable which ups the funfactor for me geared more to a sniper

I do however do better damage wise in the Hindenburg,she shoots a bit further and is more of a brawler or tougher than Zao,at start of game the Cruiser Hindenburg Is usually detected first by a DD and instantly do a hard turn to avoid the B.B. shells usually coming,   Hindenburg  also has a special Captain good for spotting Torps at long range, both a lot of fun boats

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

I run 19pts on Hindenburg as such:

PT

AR

SI & DE

AFT & CE

AAGM2, CSM1, MBM3 are installed.  Defensive Fire is traditionally used.  She'll be a problem for CVs to come after, she has the range to cover others if needed.  And her firepower is still good as always, while maintaining a Stealth Build.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,210 posts
6,433 battles
53 minutes ago, Carronade32 said:

3. SE

I advise heavily against Survivability Expert. Your gain is not nearly enough to justify the loss of three points.

@goldeagle1123My current Hindenburg captain has the following:

Priority Target: A handy skill to know if you are being targetet and by how many. Use it to time maneuvers and to decide on if you should engage/disengage
Expert Loader: This is a tool that allows you to grab opportunities faster. Like punishing a broadside asap
Direction Center for Catapult Plane: This serves two purposes. 1, if I pop my plane and enemy AA is around, the chance of losing my vision and range is decreased. 2, when my Hydro is on cooldown it can offer me protection against incoming torpedoes. btw, I run spotter plane

Jack of all Trades: Probably not the best pic, but I use my consumables a lot and this captain is also used in Clan Battles. So...
Expert Marksman: To offset the traverse nerf from the Reload Mod
Adrenaline Rush: I take damage, a lot, so I kinda like this buff. Heavily recommended

Superintendent: That extra heal is justification enough
Demolition Expert: The HE is my primary ammunition. So naturally I am trying to improve its effectiveness

Concealment Expert: No-brainer.

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles

PT, EL, DCCP

LS (every time I think I'm going to swap it out for AR, I get a game where my rudder or propulsion gets knocked out lol)

Vig, DE

CE, AFT (those 55mm AA guns are nasty, and 9.1km secondaries get me some occasional fires)

[O_O]
Beta Testers
159 posts
2,728 battles
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

I advise heavily against Survivability Expert. Your gain is not nearly enough to justify the loss of three points.

@goldeagle1123

At tier 8 with no Repair consumable it has allowed me to live longer and cause more damage!

Do you gain the Repair consumable at Tier 9? 

If so I will definitely reconsider my skill selection.

Alpha Tester
295 posts
1,389 battles
1 hour ago, Carronade32 said:

At tier 8 with no Repair consumable it has allowed me to live longer and cause more damage!

Do you gain the Repair consumable at Tier 9? 

If so I will definitely reconsider my skill selection.

ALL tier 9 and 10 cruisers get repair party yes. SE really isn't a pick I would ever take on anything but dd captain.

Personally I went with 

1. Priority Target

2. adrenaline rush

3. superintendent

4. concealment expert, advanced firing training

Planning to take manual fire aa and expert loader as the last perks, currently at 17 point commander.

I like to have aa even if carriers are rare sights right now... and Roon actually has pretty decent secondaries for a cruiser so AFT is good for that too.  As for expert marksmen I dont really think hinden or roon need it even with the reload module.