Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Seeing more tier 8-9 in Scharnhorst??

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

938
Members
4,448 posts
6,148 battles

I  may be delusional but I seem to be getting more matches when I play Scharn where I and a couple of others are the only tier 7 in the match.  The rest are all T-8 or 9. Hey, ok, but it has made it tougher. When I am in those high tier matches I experience a lot of what many players have complained about. Slow play, hiding behind islands, stuff like that. Just seem to be getting more matches in her now where I am low man on the totem pole. Could this be true or just my imagination? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
96 posts
153 battles
12 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I  may be delusional but I seem to be getting more matches when I play Scharn where I and a couple of others are the only tier 7 in the match.  The rest are all T-8 or 9. Hey, ok, but it has made it tougher. When I am in those high tier matches I experience a lot of what many players have complained about. Slow play, hiding behind islands, stuff like that. Just seem to be getting more matches in her now where I am low man on the totem pole. Could this be true or just my imagination? 

Ranked man the MM will be out of whack for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[SKI]
Members
11 posts
1,350 battles

I have noticed the same effect recently in my shiny horse. Luckily, the shiny horse doesn't suffer too much from a full uptier. Just have to play it more as a cruiser than a yolo torp boat. The slow play and hiding behind islands is sadly the meta as you get closer to tier 10, so its just something you have to adapt to and deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,871 battles

Also, if people are working on the Yamato and Halsey missions they will be concentrating on tier 8-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
938
Members
4,448 posts
6,148 battles
12 minutes ago, Catmeat said:

I have noticed the same effect recently in my shiny horse. Luckily, the shiny horse doesn't suffer too much from a full uptier. Just have to play it more as a cruiser than a yolo torp boat. The slow play and hiding behind islands is sadly the meta as you get closer to tier 10, so its just something you have to adapt to and deal with.

Ya it is a ship that can deal with higher tier ships if you are cool.  I like, kinda, the challenge, but I find it tougher to do what I love to do in her and that is get in CLOSE to a BB and wack her with guns, secondaries, and TORPS. Just tougher to get to 5k or less where the Scharn can be a deadly BB killer. Tks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[VW]
Members
1,828 posts
12,269 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

I  may be delusional but I seem to be getting more matches when I play Scharn where I and a couple of others are the only tier 7 in the match.  The rest are all T-8 or 9. Hey, ok, but it has made it tougher. When I am in those high tier matches I experience a lot of what many players have complained about. Slow play, hiding behind islands, stuff like that. Just seem to be getting more matches in her now where I am low man on the totem pole. Could this be true or just my imagination? 

seeing more top tier 9 games.

ranked involving tier 10.

coincidence.

(confirmation bias lol)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
843
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,372 posts
7,959 battles

Now I know who my MM was traded too seeing as my last few battles in it I was top tier when I'm used to being low man on the totem pole. Hell a couple weeks back (last time I had it out due to other focuses) it was me, a couple tier 8's, and then the other 9 ships tier 9's. In which the red team had Essex (with AP), Iowa, Mo, Musashi a couple of the tier 9 flamethrowers, Fletcher, and another T9 DD that had me banging my head on the wall going "Okay, I get it, I'm not allowed to play Scharn right now". I forget the last tier 9 cause it was the only one not a super ungodly threat to the ship.

I mean, I can still do well in it because it's at that point a super heavy cruiser, but just..... frustrating as :etc_swear: because of the high tier meta and the stupid amount of power gap that exists between most tier 7 and 9 ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,357 posts

id love to take my Scharnhorst into tier 10 battles. As long as the MM treats it as a cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,585
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles

God help if a Scharnhorst actually has to deal with competition that can actually fight back.

7 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

id love to take my Scharnhorst into tier 10 battles. As long as the MM treats it as a cruiser.


I had seen a few Fail Divisioned Scharnhorts, Gneisenaus, namely a Tirpitz + Scharn + Gneis Division in a Tier X match.  The VII's did not last long.  The VIIs got Overmatched like a motherf--ker and the Cruisers ate them alive.  I was using a Yamato at the time and it was just too funny! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

Dunno. I do know that I'm 2 for 2 in getting into T9 battles today in my T7 ships, just want this Gadjah over! Good ship but I want what comes after it a lot more. Will free XP HY, but plan on doing the Chung Mu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×