You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

More Balanced IJN X DD needed

8 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles

Ok we have the Shimakaze and the let’s launch 15 Torps then take forever to reload them DD, and now we have the IJN Gunboat DD that seems to want to be a cruiser...

Anyway to get a nice rapid reloading torp boat like Minekaze, Fubuki, Akatsuki, and Kagero are? Honestly for Ranked Tier X I would love to take Kagero or Harekaze up against those X ships like I do in Random. Being able to launch Torps more often than the X DDs does have a lot of nice perks in performance.

• Boring 2

[VFW]
Members
900 posts
20,646 battles

I would just be happy if the torp detection range for the Shimi's torps would be reduced to at least 1.5K.

VR,

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
11,434 battles

The key strengths of the Shimmy are:

Fairly fast.

Concealment. 

Ability to deny an enemy areas to advance.

With that being said, I so loved the old Fubuki.

I wish they would bring her back as a tier 9 free exp ship. Those 12km toros with low detection. All those fast reloading guns...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,727 battles

Try to manage your torp launchers. Having 3 launchers doesn't mean you have to launch all three at the same time all the time. A 2 launcher 10-fish spread is good enough most of the time. Keep the 3rd for next target of opportunity or followup hits for perma-flood.

But yes. Better detection or faster reload will definitely be welcome. I don't think that will ever happen. Shima is at its final stage of evolution from WG's point of view. They would rather invest the resource in new ships to keep the grinding (read: income) going.

• Cool 2

Members
449 posts
12,207 battles

It feels to me that wargaming feels it made a "mistake" n creating stealthy torpedo boats as a line. Just as with CVs in general or there wouldn't be a major rework in progress.

Wargaming's solution to IJN DDs was to nerf the line, nerf the torpedoes, and make every other DD in the game better at a 1 v 1 gunfight by a wide margin. The pan Asians have better torps (let's be honest, you don't torpedo DDs that often in IJN) yet still can easily outgun IJN. The Germans have a much faster reload, hydro, and can outgun IJN.

The Americans can outgun IGN up close and their torps have great range and detectability. Just what niche do IJN DDs fill now? Some of the boats mention also come close to matching IJN concealment and they certainly have the tools to beat them.

Wargaming seems to want the line to go away so the simple solution is a second line of gunboats.

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,396 posts
4,285 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I wish they would bring her back as a tier 9 free exp ship. Those 12km toros with low detection. All those fast reloading guns...

Funny you should mention tier 9 Fubuki. That's where she was in alpha test with 3x ahistorical quad torpedo launchers. Twas rather strong.

Imagine the flexibility of three launchers, up to 12 torpedoes in the water, and a torp reload speed closer to Yugumo rather than Shimakaze. IJN guns weren't completely garbage back then either.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
350 posts
9,145 battles
On 8/26/2018 at 6:58 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

:p they were 15km low detection high damage torps tho most people ran TA on them

Tho if WG would restore the shimakaze 12km back to 15km would be interesting how that pans out

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
11,434 battles
11 hours ago, Muki41 said:

:p they were 15km low detection high damage torps tho most people ran TA on them

Tho if WG would restore the shimakaze 12km back to 15km would be interesting how that pans out

Playing it in a tier 10 match just felt so dirty....

Yes I had TAE on them. Got to play like 10 matches with that set up before the split.

She would be a great tier 9 freemium.