Sign in to follow this  
Brother_Lobo

My computer crashed, now I'm being penalized.

13 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts

My computer crashed twice as I was loading into battles and I was forced to reboot the whole computer both times. Each time this happened, I was unable to rejoin the battle after signing back in and instead it went to port and I was greeted with a penalty after the battles concluded both times.

I have done nothing wrong. Why am I being penalized for two crashes I had no control over? Can anything be done about this?

There are probably a lot of other players out there who have dealt with similar situations. Computers occasionally crash, internet connections can be interrupted, the game can lag or freeze up etc... Wargaming needs to find a better way of dealing with trouble makers because innocent players like myself are being unfairly punished for no reason.

[WPP]
Members
452 posts
5,092 battles

You hurt your team twice.  If it keeps happening you are a liability and should stop playing.  The penalty you received is small (think of it as a ‘heads up don’t do that’).

How to fix it?  Make sure your machine is up to snuff and play a few games to wipe it clean.

• Cool 2

Members
150 posts
10 battles
56 minutes ago, galspanic said:

You hurt your team twice.  If it keeps happening you are a liability and should stop playing. 

How to fix it?  Make sure your machine is up to snuff and play a few games to wipe it clean.

Buy me a new PC or stop being an arrogant jerk.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,711 posts
9,406 battles
1 hour ago, Brother_Lobo said:

Can anything be done about this?

Yes, play quick games in Co-Op modes to wash it off.

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,665 battles
2 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

I one hundred percent agree with him. If you know your computer cannot handle the game then you shouldn’t be playing it. Why should the team suffer for your selfishness?

Edited by FratStar4Life

Members
150 posts
10 battles
16 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

I one hundred percent agree with him. If you know your computer cannot handle the game then you shouldn’t be playing it. Why should the team suffer for your selfishness?

Because its a game and not always the PC. Different people have issues connecting for different reasons all the time. Its not always the users network or PC. Sometimes its on WGing. And finally, who are you or him to tell anyone they cant play a game until they get a new PC?

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
22 posts
8,607 battles

Youre not alone Brother_Lobo. Ive had my share of disconnects and crashes as well. I play on a old standby PC until I can get another. I cooked the processor on the last one. LOL 

I once had I think 18 games penalty and I even turned orange which is a sign you are barred from random games I suppose. I submitted a ticket but I had the penalties worked off pretty quick. If I go pink I will play Co-op until its over anyway as punishment to myself(or shame of being pink).  DD's in coop will not last long for me. Those are my work-off ships.

Humorous Editorial Comment:

Now this is a serious game here folks! We must win at all costs! Hahaha

2 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

You hurt your team twice.  If it keeps happening you are a liability and should stop playing. 

Members
150 posts
10 battles

Late load ins happen all the time people. Its not always the users fault. Its not something users should be penalized for. Get over it.

Members
150 posts
10 battles
3 hours ago, galspanic said:

You hurt your team twice.  If it keeps happening you are a liability and should stop playing.  The penalty you received is small (think of it as a ‘heads up don’t do that’).

4 minutes ago, HawkeFeathers said:

Humorous Editorial Comment:

Now this is a serious game here folks! We must win at all costs! Hahaha

Why did you edit someone else's comment to make it look like I said it...seems unnecessary.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
3 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

So if I'm under the influence, and I hurt somebody else, it's not my fault because I had no control over it?

[PVE]
Members
161 posts
4,974 battles
10 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

Late load ins happen all the time people. Its not always the users fault. Its not something users should be penalized for. Get over it.

What is "late load in"?

[TCAL]
Members
1,022 posts
9,200 battles

My computer is at least average (A decent CPU, NVidia 1050ti and 8 GB RAM) and I still have the same issue about twice a month. I play on the EU and Public Test servers as well and the NA server seems to have more problems (I live in S.W. Florida). It's down right now, for instance. Don't blame it on the guy's PC.

Members
3 posts

My computer can run the game just fine. I've been playing warships for years on this computer and I usually run it with the graphics settings fairly high. The game works fine 99% of the time. There are, however, rare issues such as the crashes I suffered yesterday. I stand by my complaint that penalizing innocent players for circumstances beyond their control is not the best way to handle this.

I'll also repeat that I signed back in before the matches concluded and was not allowed to rejoin the battle.

Surely there must be a way for the game to tell the difference between someone who actually quits or times out VS someone who's internet connection goes out or suffers a computer crash. There's also no good reason to prevent someone who's been dropped from rejoining the battle. Wargaming needs to tweak this system and fix it.

Sign in to follow this