You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

The Case For ARP Ships

20 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,743 battles

Hi

I have written about these ships in a couple of posts but it has been awhile, I have them all there barnacle covered hulls languishing in my port not because i don't like them  or don't know how to play them.

Its been because of other ships in my port and a time frame amongst other things in my past posts about these derelict hulks tied to the various wharf's rusting I have put the case that these ships should be reconfigured to there individual identities rather than be left as clones.

Although its to late as now you can sell them, dismiss there commanders there is still the potential for them all the more now that the in game port filters just about do everything about the ARP ships to make them more or less only a name now to the owner and anyone else.

So to this end players wont need to be complaining about animated ships, there is money to be made by WG and players maybe interested in buying them back if WG was to reconfigure all ARP ships to there in individual configurations instead of just copy pasted clones.

Take Ashigara  her final configuration would make her a excellent AA tier 7 Cruiser, would it take  WG a bit of work to do all the ARP ships yes it would but i believe they would make money for them and more.

There are 9 Ships 

4 Myoko class 

4 kongo class

1Takao class 

Call them semi premium ships, give them camo's without bonuses or semi camo with minimal bonus if need be.

Alternatively if this is not possible give us 2 premium ships from the  Kongo and Myoko classes.

Rename the Tech tree Kongo to her original identity which is IJN Hiei  and gives us the 1944 configuration Kongo as a premium 

Give us  IJN Ashigara  in her final configuration as premium as well i believe she was the best of the 4 Myoko's. 

regards 

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

But think of the huge uproar that would cause because of all the players who sold the ships for port slots because of their aesthetics.

Not to mention all the submitted tickets to reacquire them. 

They've been out so long WG would never touch them for modification. 

---

But yes, please, certain configurations as premiums would be nice to have. IF they offered something relatively unique in playstyle; not talking Gimmick like simply adding a consumable or module slot. But like reduced Range for increased RoF, or lower Sigma / dispersion for stronger Secondaries. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles
36 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

But think of the huge uproar that would cause because of all the players who sold the ships for port slots because of their aesthetics.

Those guys can eat a ****.  They sold them off, they can deal with that sh*t.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Hi

I have written about these ships in a couple of posts but it has been awhile, I have them all there barnacle covered hulls languishing in my port not because i don't like them  or don't know how to play them.

Its been because other ships in my port and a time frame amongst other things in my past posts about these derelict hulks tied to the various wharf's rusting I have put the case that these ships should be reconfigured to there individual identities rather than be left as clones.

Although its to late as now you can sell them, dismiss there commanders there is still the potential for them all the more now that the in game port filters just about everything about the ARP ships to make them more or only a name now to the owner and anyone else.

So to this end players wont need to be complaining about animated ships, there is money to be made by WG and players maybe interested in buying them back if WG was to reconfigure all ARP ships to there in individual configurations instead of just copy pasted clones.

Take Ashigara  her final configuration would make her a excellent AA tier 7 Cruiser, would it take  WG a bit of work to do all the ARP ships yes it would but i believe they would make money from them and more.

There are 9 Ships 

4 Myoko class 

4 kongo class

1Takao class 

Call them semi premium ships, give them camo's without bonuses orsemi camo with minimal bonus if need be.

Alternatively if this is not possible give us 2 premium ships from the  Kongo and Myoko classes.

Rename the Tech tree Kongo to her original identity which is IJN Hiei  and gives us the 1944 configuration Kongo as a premium 

Give us  IJN Ashigara  in her final configuration as premium as well i believe she was the best of the 4 Myoko's. 

regards 

I don't know if they can make big changes to the ships. The ARP contract expired. All WG has done is change what the captains can do. 

Interesting idea tho. o7

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
125 posts
22,485 battles

With the mod to change the captains voices, I have no problem with the ARP ships. The Kongo and Myoko clones are all moneymakers at their tiers, As long as I don't feel like a [edited] playing with little girl captains, I have no problems with these ships. Leave them alone

[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles
35 minutes ago, mushmouthmorton said:

With the mod to change the captains voices, I have no problem with the ARP ships. The Kongo and Myoko clones are all moneymakers at their tiers, As long as I don't feel like a [edited] playing with little girl captains, I have no problems with these ships. Leave them alone

What he said. I am happy with them as they are. No change needed.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

I am happy that I got to sell them twice.

Members
1,781 posts
17,368 battles

I like my camo bonuses so won't run them anyway (Myoko was the worst grind in the game...why torture yourself running a version that doesn't even get camo bonuses?)...I just don't want them in my carousel...let me take them back out please.

Somebody suggested a "non elite" option for filtering ships to make it easier to just work on your tech tree ships by not having to scroll through so many ships & the response is to put 9 more ships in the carousel that you can't remove now for more scrolling needed to look for a ship...

...words...

...hold on...

...I'm trying to think of the words...

...ummm…

...aaaaah…

...I got nothin'

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,276 battles
27 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I like my camo bonuses so won't run them anyway (Myoko was the worst grind in the game...why torture yourself running a version that doesn't even get camo bonuses?)...I just don't want them in my carousel...let me take them back out please.

Somebody suggested a "non elite" option for filtering ships to make it easier to just work on your tech tree ships by not having to scroll through so many ships & the response is to put 9 more ships in the carousel that you can't remove now for more scrolling needed to look for a ship...

...words...

...hold on...

...I'm trying to think of the words...

...ummm…

...aaaaah…

...I got nothin'

you clearly haven't ground any tier 9's lol, especially fdg

• Funny 1

Members
1,781 posts
17,368 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I have 11 T10s including the GK...I'm sorry I don't get the correlation.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,524 posts
3,515 battles

I like using them for power grinding captains during good first win bonus events. Stacking XP and Captain XP flags can get hilarious amounts of Captain XP in a short period of time. 

Aside from that they sit in port most days

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
11 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I believe IfYouSeeKhaos was referring to the mission set to earn the ARP Myoko (the first time).  Set X number of fires, kill X number of destroyers, shoot down X number of planes, etc.  Certainly for the time it was the most grueling mission ever, and arguably still so.  A later mission for a 'last chance' to earn all the ARP ships was MUCH easier.

Edited by desmo_2

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,276 battles
18 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I have 11 T10s including the GK...I'm sorry I don't get the correlation.

doesnt mean you didnt free xp tier 9.

reading comprehension: Myoko was the worst grind in the game

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,276 battles
13 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I believe IfYouSeeKhaos was referring to the mission set to earn the ARP Myoko (the first time).  Set X number of fires, kill X number of destroyers, shoot down X number of planes, etc.  Certainly for the time it was the most grueling mission ever, and arguably still so.  A later mission for a 'last chance' to earn all the ARP ships was MUCH easier.

those were the best. it made people learn to shoot dds. today most bbs wont even try because "cant hit what you cant see, hurdy durr."

i wish they would bring such mission requirements back. beats the heck out of grind 56 gazilion base xp.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,524 posts
3,515 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

those were the best. it made people learn to shoot dds. today most bbs wont even try because "cant hit what you cant see, hurdy durr."

i wish they would bring such mission requirements back. beats the heck out of grind 56 gazilion base xp.

They were fun, I won't lie though the Duke of York mission drove me insane. It was the 1600 base XP one where on about any normal day I can get that in a T5 match but I struggled when in my T8, I made 1590 XP a couple times to many and just as I was about to throw my computer away I got it in my Scharnhorst by suiciding right into the enemy and some how surviving

Members
1,781 posts
17,368 battles
11 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

No...the tech tree Myoko sucked...made of glass w/the horrible rearward only facing IJN torps...not a fan & there hasn't been a more pleasant relief in this game than when I finally finished that POS...not only to finish it but to get the Mogami...despite the same rearward only torps it makes up for it w/the trollish 15 barrels of fire breathing madness.

I actually missed the 1st mission for ARP Myoko & was probably still trolling around in the Kuma at that time...got all the other ones in their missions & only needed to get Myoko in the last set...& the extra commanders.

Ran a couple of the Kongo clone ones (just during the missions) but have never & will never run the Myoko clones.

11 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

doesnt mean you didnt free xp tier 9.

reading comprehension: Myoko was the worst grind in the game

Haven't free XPed anything except an accidental hull & a 1/2 on the Hipper (was 1/2 way through 1st hull when I was checking out 2nd hull & accidentally hit yes for free XPing it) & all the mods on the T6 US BB (forget which 1 that is right now...NM? maybe) as I was gonna use it for the T6 ranked season...but after the 1st battle I said, "way too slow...no way".

Guess that's why the comment went over my head (not that the comment really clarified anything that justified the "reading comprehension" comment...nothing about that comment hinted or suggested free XPing anything)...

I ground out every 1 of those 11 T9s...including each & every module for them & the FDG (along with the rest of the KM BB line) was a fun ship to run IMO...but then again I also liked the "dreaded" T9 IJN BB Izumo (probably the most free XPed ship you hear about in the forums).

None of the T9s were as annoying as the Myoko (although I do believe the Myoko has gotten some buffs in regards to it's "glassyness" since I ran it...but I'm well past it & see no reason to go back to it).

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
17 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Those guys can eat a ****.  They sold them off, they can deal with that sh*t.

True. Collector reward ships are Collectibles. If a person purposely sells a collectible the fault is entirely their own. 

Would be nice to see an eventual return of an ARP collaboration. I've got the HSF Skins for Yamato and Musashi; sorta want the Arpeggio Skins for them.

Sure I could see the plethora of mods, but I'm strictly vanilla. And mods usually mean every major update I'll further need to wait for the mods I'd have to be updated also. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
19 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

Its been because of other ships in my port and a time frame amongst other things in my past posts about these derelict hulks tied to the various wharf's rusting I have put the case that these ships should be reconfigured to there individual identities rather than be left as clones.

Although its to late as now you can sell them, dismiss there commanders there is still the potential for them all the more now that the in game port filters just about do everything about the ARP ships to make them more or less only a name now to the owner and anyone else.

Take Ashigara  her final configuration would make her a excellent AA tier 7 Cruiser, would it take  WG a bit of work to do all the ARP ships yes it would but i believe they would make money for them and more.

There are 9 Ships 

4 Myoko class 

4 kongo class

1Takao class 

Call them semi premium ships, give them camo's without bonuses or semi camo with minimal bonus if need be.

regards 

Sell them ... and reap the rewards

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles
28 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Sell them ... and reap the rewards

I retrained a 10-pointer for Kongo and Myoko, then sold Kongo and Myoko, and all the ARPs except 1 Kongo and Myoko clone. That way, I have keepers I can run multiple captains on.

I have ARP turned off, but TBH, with the multitude of "artistic" camo that's come out since, ARP look is no longer ludicrous to me...

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,276 battles
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

No...the tech tree Myoko sucked...made of glass w/the horrible rearward only facing IJN torps...not a fan & there hasn't been a more pleasant relief in this game than when I finally finished that POS...not only to finish it but to get the Mogami...despite the same rearward only torps it makes up for it w/the trollish 15 barrels of fire breathing madness.

I actually missed the 1st mission for ARP Myoko & was probably still trolling around in the Kuma at that time...got all the other ones in their missions & only needed to get Myoko in the last set...& the extra commanders.

Ran a couple of the Kongo clone ones (just during the missions) but have never & will never run the Myoko clones.

Haven't free XPed anything except an accidental hull & a 1/2 on the Hipper (was 1/2 way through 1st hull when I was checking out 2nd hull & accidentally hit yes for free XPing it) & all the mods on the T6 US BB (forget which 1 that is right now...NM? maybe) as I was gonna use it for the T6 ranked season...but after the 1st battle I said, "way too slow...no way".

Guess that's why the comment went over my head (not that the comment really clarified anything that justified the "reading comprehension" comment...nothing about that comment hinted or suggested free XPing anything)...

I ground out every 1 of those 11 T9s...including each & every module for them & the FDG (along with the rest of the KM BB line) was a fun ship to run IMO...but then again I also liked the "dreaded" T9 IJN BB Izumo (probably the most free XPed ship you hear about in the forums).

None of the T9s were as annoying as the Myoko (although I do believe the Myoko has gotten some buffs in regards to it's "glassyness" since I ran it...but I'm well past it & see no reason to go back to it).

I just couldn’t and still cant believe you find myoko worse than any of the non dd tier 9s. I guess everyone has his own tastes indeed. I truly enjoyed izmo, but free xpd to get yammy in time for ranked last season, a first for me. Oh well, at least you didnt hate every match played on the last step to tier 10!