Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
irvingmorrel1

RIP John McCain

8 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
612 battles

Senator John McCain has passed away at the age of 81. I may not have agreed with his politics but he was still a navy veteran and a hero.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

He will Rest In Peace now at least.His legacy though will be a mixed one at least he served his country. 

Alpha Tester
4,607 posts
2,400 battles

One of the Keating Five bites the dust. At least it can be said he made a mark on American politics.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,289 posts

One of the few US politicians I would have gladly shaken the hand of, regardless of my well-known dislike for US politics.
With everything he's had to put up with over the past several years, I'd say he more than earned his rest. I hope Arlington has a nice plot picked out for him. Here's too ya, ol' timer, have a nice nap!

• Cool 3

[WORX]
Members
1,625 posts
12,630 battles

Politics aside, Controversy aside, negativity aside, all the toxicity rhetoric aside. RIP to the man, the Veteran John Mc Cain. I m not a politics guy, but a man laid to rest deserve my condolences. RIP Old guy, we'll assume the watch from here.

• Cool 2

[BLHK]
Members
291 posts
3,274 battles
36 minutes ago, irvingmorrel1 said:

Senator John McCain has passed away at the age of 81. I may not have agreed with his politics but he was still a navy veteran and a hero.

I also did not agree with his politics, but I did respect the fact he was consistent. When he took a position, he maintained that position and did not flip flop at a whim.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

Say what you want about McCain but you will have to admit that the guy had fortitude.  Much lesser traumas than what he endured as a POW in Vietnam have sent servicemen into psychological care for the rest of their lives. I know, because I've worked with many of them both in the military and in civilian life.

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this