You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Scope_Guard_Pony

Welp, add another to the black screen bug (0.7.8)

5 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
887 battles

After updating to 0.7.8 of Warships I started to get that "Black Screen" bug that others have reported, where all you see is a black screen and the grey-themed mouse pointer.  Along with the fact that you can't alt-tab or basically do anything.

It'll happen upon game start, fiddling around while in Port and has even happened during mid-battle which was..   more than a little annoying.

It's gotten to the point where I have task manager open on the other monitor as the only way to get out of it without restarting my system is to hit End Task on task manager, although I did notice that when the black screen occurred the app went into "Not Responding" status.   

This didn't happen in 0.7.7, it only started immediately after updating to 0.7.8

Edit:  Submitted a ticket, deleted the preferences file, still happens.

Edited by Scope_Guard_Pony

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

run the integrity check program it finds and fixes corrupted files also a Booster like Razer Cortex helps by freeing memory and halting background processes that interfere with the came. If that doesn't help send in a support ticket. 

[LUPI_]
Members
1 post
1,642 battles

I started getting the same error just today.  I have already checked the game files integrity, and I am not short on memory.  Off to submit a ticket.  

[UDEAD]
Members
16 posts
10,148 battles

Same. I'm getting the black screen and I can see the background apps and hear the game but can't actually tab out the background apps. Hard shut down required to return.