You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OffCycle

Framerate Slowly Drops Over Time

8 comments in this topic

[SIR]
Members
2 posts
955 battles

I've recently begun trying to play warships again, and after a few hours of playing, I noticed my framerate had tanked, sitting at a solid 6-8 FPS. I decided to run a test and redownloaded the game and upon loading into my first game I was sitting at about 100 FPS at medium settings (kept at medium as to not change any variables). I only played the mission of this week, "Defense of Naval Station Newport". Over the course of about 4 hours, my framerate slowly declined, following a standard f(x)=(1/x) standard curve where f(0)=100, that sort of thing. By the end of the 4 hours I was back down at about 8. I should mention a few things.

My CPU utilization was at about 20%

My GPU utilization was at about 10%

I had about 4GB of unused RAM

I don't really know where else to put this outside of the bug forums. It seems to be that my game just doesn't rightly care to use the resources it has available though I can't fathom why. Also, for anyone else curious, 

GeForce GTX 950

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad Core

8GB DDR4 RAM

1TB HDD(~700GB left)

Look, I don't know what's the matter and hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about does, but outside of that I've got no clue what is the problem. Cheers, will post any additional info if people need it.

Members
36 posts
3,452 battles

I’ve been having weird frame drops as well form about 75 on high to lower than 50. I’ve posted about it before as it’s been happening since 0.7.7 but I did notice it in 0.7.6 in Cherry Blossom. I’ve submitted a ticket and they said to delete the preferences and check graphics drivers which helps. I’d recommend opening your own tickets as to spread light on the issue. Furthermore use the WGC report tool. Good luck and I hope WG can figure this out. I’d always recommend restarting the client every few games (kind of like the whole 0.7.2 frame issue).

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,763 posts
12,435 battles

I have a sub par lap top and 30 to 40 fps is its top but it occasionally drops to single digits ping goes nuts etc. I put in a support ticket WG sent me a test to run and send them the report data and then they sent me a fix program and fix it it did. Also now I restart my compu before my 1st session of the day and every 2 to 3 hours or when it appears to be out of sync. 7.8 worked fine for battle 1 but after a break it went whacko and wouldn't even open the game after hitting play. I ran the integrity check and that fixed right away!

[SIR]
Members
2 posts
955 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

Seems odd. Does it reset or continue when you relog?

It continues when I relog and actually seems to get a bit worse. The only thing I can tell that will put me right back up to 100 FPS is simple uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I'm sure as you can see that's a mighty large hassle for 3 hours of decent gameplay and 1 of absolute rubbish.

Members
9,868 posts
52 minutes ago, OffCycle said:

It continues when I relog and actually seems to get a bit worse. The only thing I can tell that will put me right back up to 100 FPS is simple uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I'm sure as you can see that's a mighty large hassle for 3 hours of decent gameplay and 1 of absolute rubbish.

Well if it were memory leak, it should clear upon logging. 8 gig is about the right amount to give you four hours of play with a bad leak, but having to reinstall to get it to reset seems to point to a different issue.

[KARP]
Members
17 posts
7,936 battles

I've been having this issue for months. My laptop usually runs about 65 fps, then it slowly drops to 20. It will go back up to 45 or so, then right back down to 20.

WG says it's my video card, Nvidia 1050. Nvidia says it's WG. So heck with it, I learn to play with low fps. No one seems to know how to fix it.

[-SD-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
556 posts
8,085 battles
On 8/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, IvarTheBrainless said:

I’ve been having weird frame drops as well form about 75 on high to lower than 50. I’ve posted about it before as it’s been happening since 0.7.7 but I did notice it in 0.7.6 in Cherry Blossom. I’ve submitted a ticket and they said to delete the preferences and check graphics drivers which helps. I’d recommend opening your own tickets as to spread light on the issue. Furthermore use the WGC report tool. Good luck and I hope WG can figure this out. I’d always recommend restarting the client every few games (kind of like the whole 0.7.2 frame issue).

Same thing here, only mine just drops sharply during my first battle. It starts out at around 75'ish fps with ping fine then the fps drops (to about 25) througout the match and my ping climes to around 45 all the while until my ping is higher than my fps therefore i can just "barely" play. Never had this problem up to about a week ago.