Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Ranked *can* still be fun

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,119 posts
3,141 battles

Sure, ranked usually makes us want to pull our hair out most of the time, but sometimes there are fun games. It's these games that keep me going. 

5b81ac09cebc8_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_08.25-12_17.19_17.thumb.png.a6bd61d16056237d8166d0b9f0a903ad.png

5b81ac1f88a2e_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_08.25-12_17_26_58.thumb.png.d4156d3a9799bf3c8b9fafda8854e2ba.png

All of the players were competent, respectful, and understanding. There was no name calling, no arguing, no screaming, just playing. Everyone coordinated and shared information. I went with a Hindenburg and worked together for the duration of the game. Teamwork makes a huge difference, and it showed in this game. I haven't had this much fun in months. I wish every game could be like this, but unfortunately not. So enjoy the fun games that you do have, not every ranked game is a horrible game. 

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

Ranked is so fun when it's a steamroll   right? right?     wait until you are on that losing team getting steamrolled time after time, come back and tell us how much fun you are having :)

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I dunno guys ... I get one good match about every five. I swore I would not play this weekend but i had some free time so...

The good matches are rare, from what I can tell. In the majority of the losses, it seems people haven't the foggiest idea how to play as a team. Example - everyone's going eastern side of the map, Yamato says "I'm gonna go **** around A (western side)" and drags a dd along and yup, we lose. Oh the team put up a fight but when you have yolosolos and soloyolos well... 

I'm hopeful some more of the good ones come my way soon. Had a really good one today that was heckuva battle. Crisp, clean, focused - everyone knew their role... cruisers were cruising, destroyers were destroying and battleships were battling ships. Only the last minute or so did the reds finally start folding, we gained a cap and won. 

I want more of them there battles. ;-) 

Beta Testers
236 posts
5,797 battles
1 hour ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Ranked is so fun when it's a steamroll   right? right?     wait until you are on that losing team getting steamrolled time after time, come back and tell us how much fun you are having :)

I made a post about how last season I played 40+ matches and moved 2 ranks. this season 11-12 games and moved 1 rank. Not having fun playing ranked.

Edited by Patton3rdarmy13
  • Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles
8 minutes ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

I made a post about how last season I played 40+ matches and moved 2 ranks. this season 11-12 games and moved 1 rank. Not having fun playing ranked.

Yeah; the most fun I usually have is when I have the season flag secured and can say SEE YAH!!

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,977 battles

anyone that write high tier ranked is fun should get their keyboards destroyed for 2 days.

[TBW]
Members
6,323 posts
11,883 battles

Ranked is basically 7 v 7 player random and that is nice for a change from the 12 v 12 Random. That and at least you never have to hear how much it sucks to be bottom tier. You trade that for the P2W protesters when you run a premium ship though.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,958 posts
8,103 battles

Ranked's been pretty fun in Benson and Cleveland.

Only caveat is your team has to be decisive and quick-acting. Both my wins happened because the team worked together, and the loss because my teammates took forever to decide to push.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
11 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Ranked's been pretty fun in Benson and Cleveland.

Only caveat is your team has to be decisive and quick-acting. Both my wins happened because the team worked together, and the loss because my teammates took forever to decide to push.

Well at rank 10 it turns back in to the super passive selfish [edited] meta that's ruined the game for the last 8 months. Everything in the world except DDs sitting behind hills desperately trying to farm to damage to be the 1 guy who gets to keep his star. It's [edited]miserable.

Edited by w4spl3g

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
1 hour ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

This is about how I did this season in the tier 8 part. Fortunately, the parts are separated by irrevocable levels so I won't fall back. I hate to admit it but I think that there are worse players overall in the tier 8 part because it's easy for someone to purchase a tier 8 Premium to play it.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles

I finally finished my season of Ranked. I was going to go to Rank 16 but don't really care about 24 hours of premium time. Not sure why Wargaming thinks that is such a great prize... So I farmed all the rewards I was capable of without a tier 10 (save the premium time) with remarkably little effort. I have played maybe a dozen matches or so, really didn't keep track. It only cost me a few dozen premium consumables and a small handful of signals that were easily replaced with the rewards. Overall I found the experience fun, there were the typical nasty players whining about the team being potatoes. In two such matches they went on about what losers we were for letting him die and the team went on to win. You PvP players are weird like that... But overall everyone was well mannered and seemed to be having fun. Heck I even managed to keep all my karma, even gaining a few points. With the rest of Ranked season closed to me due to the tier 10 requirements, I will go back to my home in co-op and finish up my Halsey campaign (just unlocked final mission of leg 4). Maybe I will get back in it if I acquire enough coal to get my Salem, still around 9k short and all my Resources Crates have been one pitiful bag of coal and some Free XP.... Not that I am complaining, I loves me some Free XP... Good luck to those of you still playing and remember, try and be nice to one another or just be quiet! 

A special shout out to player "StarFishPrime" who quite literally carried the team in my last match. Just a great player with his Monarch who beat the enemy into submission! Everyone contributed in the match, he just did much of the heavy lifting. Well Done StarFishPrime! 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I finally finished my season of Ranked. I was going to go to Rank 16 but don't really care about 24 hours of premium time. Not sure why Wargaming thinks that is such a great prize... So I farmed all the rewards I was capable of without a tier 10 (save the premium time) with remarkably little effort. I have played maybe a dozen matches or so, really didn't keep track. It only cost me a few dozen premium consumables and a small handful of signals that were easily replaced with the rewards. Overall I found the experience fun, there were the typical nasty players whining about the team being potatoes. In two such matches they went on about what losers we were for letting him die and the team went on to win. You PvP players are weird like that... But overall everyone was well mannered and seemed to be having fun. Heck I even managed to keep all my karma, even gaining a few points. With the rest of Ranked season closed to me due to the tier 10 requirements, I will go back to my home in co-op and finish up my Halsey campaign (just unlocked final mission of leg 4). Maybe I will get back in it if I acquire enough coal to get my Salem, still around 9k short and all my Resources Crates have been one pitiful bag of coal and some Free XP.... Not that I am complaining, I loves me some Free XP... Good luck to those of you still playing and remember, try and be nice to one another or just be quiet! 

A special shout out to player "StarFishPrime" who quite literally carried the team in my last match. Just a great player with his Monarch who beat the enemy into submission! Everyone contributed in the match, he just did much of the heavy lifting. Well Done StarFishPrime! 

ARMCUPt.jpg

EZk1OR6.png

Still losing my way to the middle.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Can't seem to get a win but had a guy talking smack about teh cruisers who did nothing.  Meanwhile when he was typing this, I was in the Prinz, used all of my health, helped keep the other team to B cap...  At the end of the game 2 cruisers (including me) were in the top 3 spots.  1 BB at 2nd, and the next one was in 5th...  So in the top 5 - 3 cruisers and only 1 kill by 1 BB.  In fact cruisers bracketed him in the standings - but 'we' were 'useless'.

Edited by CylonRed

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
5 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

ARMCUPt.jpg

EZk1OR6.png

Still losing my way to the middle.

You know I had several matches where I was top scorer and I am a potato player for the most part...  I actually scored several winning matches as top player, and a few more in the top three. Just shows that in Ranked where the gameplay is a bit more aggressive than Randoms, a co-op player will feel right at home. 

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,344 battles
3 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Ranked is basically 7 v 7 player random and that is nice for a change from the 12 v 12 Random. That and at least you never have to hear how much it sucks to be bottom tier. You trade that for the P2W protesters when you run a premium ship though.

The P2W protesters can kiss me where the sun don't shine , running a premium cuts down on the expenses and boosts the earnings . I don't give a crap what they think or say .

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
491 posts
4,270 battles

wow.,.. amazing.... 1 in a million game there. the other 999,999 games have potato's running wild.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Ugh - I had like a 55-57% WR lasdt ranked season and today - I have a 28% WR.  :(  Won a game - up to 33% wooooo hoooo ;)

Edited by CylonRed

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

I've tried Ranked a few times and it's just not enjoyable.  Take the salt of Randoms, magnify it by x2, the prospect of losing progress (Stars / Ranks) and the much more selfish nature of Ranked... No thanks.

I have friends that are into Ranked way more than I am, Season in, Season out.  They're always complaining, especially those last few Ranks where the real idiocy of Ranked kicks in.  They keep subjecting themselves to this stupid hamster wheel and I only keep laughing at them.

Randoms is stupid enough already, I did not like subjecting myself to something even worse.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this