You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FoxHunter422

5 times rank1 but 0 steel

13 comments in this topic

[NADO]
Members
42 posts
6,799 battles

i dont know what happened, i got 5 times rank 1 before, however my account has 0 steel until now. due to update log, I think i should get some steels except the third time and fifth time. 

Screenshot (43).png

[-VT-]
Members
379 posts
22,735 battles

WG was very clear in their previous posts and explanations.  No additional steel if you ranked out only 3 times (as you got the Flint) and no additional steel if you ranked out only 5 times (as you got the Black).

Wish all you want but they were clear.

FWIW, I also ranked out only 5 times and received zero steel.

We have to go get steel in other ways (CB, the new Ranked, missions, whatever).

Personally, I hate the whole steel bit.  This new resource has cheapened the Flint and Black considerably, and that is unfortunate in my eyes.

• Cool 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,021 battles

By ranking out 5 times you got the equivalent of 25600 steel. I have ranked out twice and got 5k steel. On the steel scale you are way ahead for steel earned per season. 

[POP]
Members
534 posts
11,579 battles

Save your coal and wait for them to release iron .. once they do that you should be able to make steel yourself.

• Funny 3

[ARGSY]
Members
5,802 posts
3,968 battles
16 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

Save your coal and wait for them to release iron .. once they do that you should be able to make steel yourself.

"Using iron and coal, you may convert them at a ratio of 10 iron plus 10 coal for 1 steel". Yes, I can see that happening.

[LOU1]
Members
2,889 posts
8,004 battles

I thought you can still earn new steel, but you do not receive retroactive steel because you have the rewards that steel is designed to provide.

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,019 battles
1 hour ago, Sabene said:

Personally, I hate the whole steel bit.  This new resource has cheapened the Flint and Black considerably, and that is unfortunate in my eyes.

I've never received either, but this was also my reaction when I saw them in the Arsenal... like; "Why did all those players pull their hair out fighting to rank one, if those ships were going to wind up being 'sold?'"

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles
1 hour ago, Sabene said:

IMO, just the opposite.  They will still be very difficult to obtain.  Previously, since the are so rare very few players even knew they existed, much less what having one meant.  Now, however, they are before every Arsenal customer's eyes and they will know what has to be done to get one.  IMO that increases their value.

25 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

"Why did all those players pull their hair out fighting to rank one, if those ships were going to wind up being 'sold?'"

They aren't being "sold".  You have still to pull your hair out fighting to earn them.

Members
333 posts
5 battles
14 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I've never received either, but this was also my reaction when I saw them in the Arsenal... like; "Why did all those players pull their hair out fighting to rank one, if those ships were going to wind up being 'sold?'"

Sold? really? you still have to actually WORK to get them. 

A warning to the civilized and intelligent, this right here is a fine example of what not to do. Exaggeration and hyperbole are cancers to civilized discussion and are only really used in order to make one's point seem bigger or more important than it actually is. 

Edited by TheNargacuga
  • Bad 1

[OPG]
Members
3,901 posts
5,491 battles
15 hours ago, iDuckman said:

IMO, just the opposite.  They will still be very difficult to obtain. 

They are objectively easier to obtain now.  

In the past the Flint took reaching Rank 1 three times to get, while the Black required 5 Rank 1s.  However, assuming the current rate holds and 5500 steel will be given out every season, both the Flint and Black can be earned just by ranking out twice, and it only takes three and a half seasons to get them both, which brings me to my next point.  Steel rewards are parsed out through the entire season, rather than just being given only for reaching rank 1, it's the same story with Clan Battles.  This means that players and clans who are not good enough to rank out or get their 30 wins in Typhoon will still be able to earn a steady supply of steel and eventually earn these reward ships they otherwise never would have had a chance of getting, albeit it would take them considerably longer.  Lastly, and this is a minor point, but players also have the option of combining the steel they earn from Ranked and CBs which allows them to get any one specific ship considerably faster calendar wise than before.    

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles
5 hours ago, yashma said:

They are objectively easier to obtain now.  

I don't disagree with you, however, that wasn't my point.  While they may be easier to obtain, they are more prestigious for reasons cited above.  IOW, it's not all bad.  :Smile_child:

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

because you alread have the flint and the black.

• One first rank: 2,500 Steel.
  • Two first ranks: 5,000 Steel.
  • Three first ranks: at this stage, players previously received Tier VII ship Flint, that's why there's no bonus for them in this case.
  • Four first ranks: 5,000 Steel. There is no bonus for the previous ranks, because players have already received Flint for them.
  • Five first ranks: at this stage, players previously received Tier IX ship Black, that's why there's no bonus for them in this case.
  • Six first ranks: 2,500 Steel. There is no bonus for the previous ranks, because players have already received Flint and Black for them.
  • Seven first ranks: 5,000 Steel. There's no bonus for ranks 1-5, because players have already received Flint and Black for them.
  • Eight first ranks: 7,500 Steel. There's no bonus for ranks 1-5, because players have already received Flint and Black for them.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/introducing-arsenal/