Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

Ranked = Radar

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
608 posts
12,012 battles

From a scrub's view of ranked (That means I know I am terrible):

If your team a) has radar and b) can use it effectively then you win.

If your team a) does not have radar or b) cannot or will not use it effectively then you lose.

The rest of it seems to factor far less into the match.

The most amazing thing to see in ranked is that CA's won't move into position where their radar is effective. If that's your team, might as well try and 'save that star' because your team is doomed.

The second worst thing is to see a CA on the red team that IS positioned effectively and has managed to get covered or concealed. If your team ignores this, go save that star.

The third thing I've seen is ships who have 'optional' radar, are being very judicious about the first time they use it. As in, you may well not seem them use it till late in the match. I had a Minotaur do that. I had been in his radar range several times, but he didn't pop it. Later in the match I was making what I thought was an easy escape in my DD and he popped that Radar and I had 6 ships raining fire on me. Sneaky. 

The only upside I see to this is that effective Radar usage generally requires some team work, but a good CA can take advantage of whatever the team does usually. Other than that, it's just terribly frustrating to have 'one more thing' out of one's control. 

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
Members
54 posts
4,957 battles

Ive given up expecting friendlies to do anything in regards to radar. Either a friendly doesn't position himself to use his radar and/or stay alive so his radar is available later, or my friendly ships refuse to kill the enemy radar ships, especially if I am the DD keeping it spotted after baiting their radar. My solution is to play my own radar ship and use it for myself. Expecting others to do their job in the slightest way is what leads to my frustrations. Especially with tier X's and the exceptionally low margin for any error.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

People who know how to use radar are usually above average experience wise. Most likely they will contribute to winning the game. Radar itself is just an addon.

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,310 battles

I think it's even worse: "I did use my radar, it's not my fault you didn't see it's effect..."

Um... YES... Yes it is your fault if the two Destroyer's you were supposedly covering didn't see the effect, because that means you were out of position, or used it after they died, or didn't inform them that radar was on Cooldown... in which case: why was it on cooldown when it wasn't needed earlier?

Members
855 posts
3,478 battles
6 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

I just play my Zao and burn things.

SO much this, I have carried many games out of the dumps thus ranked season in my good on Zao.....

Make em miss, light em on fire, and wait for my torps to hit

[ALPHA]
Members
401 posts
8,383 battles

I playing DD in ranked and i not effected by radar,

5b820513a16d2_ruassianranked1.thumb.PNG.

Sign in to follow this