You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
groomsiebelle

Special Missions for Ranked Special Ships

16 comments in this topic

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,718 battles

I see there are special missions for ranked battles on the Massachusetts, Roma, Kidd, and Prinz Eugen.  However, being all T8 ships I'm wondering if you can take full advantage of these missions once you move to T10 ranked.  Can anyone who have purchased one of these packages chime in on if the mission can be completed outside of T8 ranked (such as in any game mode)?  Thanks!

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
159 posts
1,522 battles

Bought the Prinz. Mission is ranked only. Win and finish top 3 for some small goodies. Complete up to 10 times. 

Beta Testers
2,821 posts
3,977 battles

the moment you hit rank 15,you can say goodbye to the missions.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,386 posts
1,474 battles
11 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

The minute I hit rank 15 I' guess I can say goodbye to ranked battles....Sadly T8 (Cleveland/Baltimore)  is all I have in port at this time...RANK 16 & 2 wins in a row from being there presently.   Kind of sucks because this is the most fun I've had in WOWS yet!   Teams seem for the most part to be trying to coordinate play.   Matches have been entertaining and challenging.   

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,718 battles
10 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

That is what I was gathering...not much enticement.  Been really intrigued with the Massachusetts but I don't think I need it.  Prolly will pass.

Thanks all for the responses, confirmed basically what I had read it as.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,821 posts
3,977 battles
3 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

That is what I was gathering...not much enticement.  Been really intrigued with the Massachusetts but I don't think I need it.  Prolly will pass.

Thanks all for the responses, confirmed basically what I had read it as.

you can buy the ship itself,no need for a bundle with a useless mission,WG clearly is not thinking straight when it comes to this ranked season.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,932 battles

you can buy the ship itself,no need for a bundle with a useless mission,WG clearly is not thinking straight when it comes to this ranked season.

My thinking is that this is for new players starting at the bottom in Rank 23, and by the time they exhaust Tier 8 they will have finished the missions. 

Beta Testers
2,821 posts
3,977 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My thinking is that this is for new players starting at the bottom in Rank 23, and by the time they exhaust Tier 8 they will have finished the missions. 

i would say that anyone new enough to start at rank 23 is not good enough for a tier8 ship,but someone can disprove me and i can't stop people from spending their money.

that might explain the potato fest at tier8 ranked.

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,718 battles
48 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Yeah, but basically same price ($0.77 more for the ranked package), which also adds a 6 point commander for what that is worth plus 7 days premium time...the mission is now officially worthless to me having hit rank 15.  I'm still taking a pass on the Massachusetts and the PE.  Maybe if Santa Crates don't get nerfed too bad this year I can get one then...

Edited by groomsiebelle

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
159 posts
1,522 battles
45 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i would say that anyone new enough to start at rank 23 is not good enough for a tier8 ship,but someone can disprove me and i can't stop people from spending their money.

that might explain the potato fest at tier8 ranked.

This is my first season.  I only have 2 eights, but am now at rank 19.  Does that qualify me as "potato"?

By your logic, ONLY players that have been around for a long time would be eligible for ranked, since anyone new would be looked down-upon as getting started with ranked.

Edited by CatSnipah

Beta Testers
2,821 posts
3,977 battles
46 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

This is my first season.  I only have 2 eights, but am now at rank 19.  Does that qualify me as "potato"?

By your logic, ONLY players that have been around for a long time would be eligible for ranked, since anyone new would be looked down-upon as getting started with ranked.

i can only see one tier8 on your account,it's the mass.you might have one with no battles played yet perhaps.

but uuuh eyes,i won't post wows stat & numbers here(don't want to stat shame) but you can see it yourself,that qualify you as one. 

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Bad 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
159 posts
1,522 battles

i can only see one tier8 on your account,it's the mass.you might have one with no battles played yet perhaps.

but uuuh eyes,i won't post wows stat & numbers here(don't want to stat shame) but you can see it yourself,that qualify you as one. 

Mass and Eugen. 

So I guess in your opinion, no new players are supposed to learn by putting themselves in new situations? Everyone has to be tier x all star before they can step up and fight and learn from live fire?

Beta Testers
2,821 posts
3,977 battles
8 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

Mass and Eugen. 

So I guess in your opinion, no new players are supposed to learn by putting themselves in new situations? Everyone has to be tier x all star before they can step up and fight and learn from live fire?

they can learn by puttin themselves in new situations,it's your individual choice,and that's ok.

but if they are not ready for tier8(by looking at the stats of their ships),they are harming their team. 

the team is not mad because a new player bought a tier8 ship,they are mad because the player is not experienced enough for such ship,damaging their combat effectiveness.

like i said,i won't stop ANYONE from buying a premium ship,it's their money,their choice,but even if ranked is a free for all mode(the bigger your damage,the higher the chances of saving a star for example,that's extremely important on a losing team,no one wants to lose a star) it's still a  team mode,that means, the team rely on their teammates to get those damage numbers rising up.

you can go ranked,i'm not stopping you,but when i go ranked,the minimum i want(and the team wants too), are capable teammates,teammates that know what they are doing with their ships.

a teammate that bought his way to tier8 damage the combat effectiveness of the team,lowering their chances of winning,and no one likes to lose.

but don't take this the hard way,you can improve,just like i can improve too.i was a new player like you too and i did that mistake at world of tanks,my first premium was the lowe,big mistake.

Edited by Cruxdei

[DPG]
Members
124 posts
7,874 battles

I support this game financially a ton because they generally deserve it. Ships is a great game. (I can't even count the premiums I have purchased) ...and way too much apparently. For the record, I have some 105 ships in port, including 6 T10's - I like collecting ... 

I bought the 3 pack Rank Trio day before yesterday. Then, the Stars rewarded for the previous year of ranked position started me at rank 16 ... I hit rank 15 in my previously purchased Massachusetts - Rank 15 is of course irrevocable and T10 Ships so early this year!!! So, No more T8 ships for the rest of ranked battles after just 2 wins. 

Roma, Kidd and Prinz Eugen each with a 'win 10 missions receive consumables in ranked battles' - combined would be something like 400+ pieces of consumables!

I am unable to earn a single one !!! There must be so many similarly locked out of these missions :(  

I sent a ticket in asking if they would consider some other form of compensation or making the missions  ranked OR random given the high cost of these packages, and that i felt cheated because of effectively being forced into T10's so quickly this year, and the response was frankly rude. So unhappy with this. Even if they opened the missions to any ship played in ranked would be perfectly fine. The way this season was set up No one will be able to earn all 30 potential wins before attaining rank 15. 

And yep, he's right. This is not a pay to play game. So I won't be contributing my hard earned money any more for some time to come. My wallet is going away for the foreseeable future because of this silly pettiness. 

Hello, Karandar.
The rules of progress transition worked as they should.
Unfortunately, the fact that you were 'cut off' from being able to complete the missions is the way things are when you go from Tier VIII battles to Tier X.
Please note, that our game is free-to-play. You don't have to pay to play. Whether to put money in the game is the player's personal choice.
Also we would like to note, that any financial operations in the game (payments included) do not affect the work of game mechanics (matchmaker included) in any way.
Thank you for contacting Customer Care Support and we wish you good luck in the fields of virtual battles.

Edited by Karandar

Beta Testers
2,821 posts
3,977 battles
12 hours ago, Karandar said:

Hello, Karandar.
The rules of progress transition worked as they should.
Unfortunately, the fact that you were 'cut off' from being able to complete the missions is the way things are when you go from Tier VIII battles to Tier X.
Please note, that our game is free-to-play. You don't have to pay to play. Whether to put money in the game is the player's personal choice.
Also we would like to note, that any financial operations in the game (payments included) do not affect the work of game mechanics (matchmaker included) in any way.
Thank you for contacting Customer Care Support and we wish you good luck in the fields of virtual battles.

ah so they admit that it's expected for people to be cut off from the missions,you can say you feel cheated,and it's true.

• Cool 1