Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Ranked tips and tricks

24 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

So finally got my first tier 10 for a ranked season, and mark my words I will get that jolly roger and steel. Went from rank 19 to 15 last night, but I've spent all morning in Montana, and I've only gone up maybe 5 stars. I do t think it's a me issue... I'm averaging 95k but have a 46 winrate. I know it's a game of persistence, and since I'm not going DOWN, I've just kept going. 

My question for you all is about how many battles does it take people to rank out, and what special tricks and patterns do you use to tell you when it's a good idea to play or when you will just be digging your own grave?

Is it like 2 of the first 3 games have to be wins? Always start on a win? Or what?

Members
1,120 posts
3,141 battles

I'm convinced it's just luck now. A lot of games involve the whole team arguing and bickering all game and getting nothing done, then salty report spam, and then it happens again. I went on a pretty big loss streak last night but ended up at 65%. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,322 posts
14,695 battles

Rank 15/14 is the same skill wall that we saw at T10/9 last year.  Your success is relatively random based on the team you get.  If you push through it you will see a more consistent meta.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
138 posts
12,232 battles

Try not to rush ahead of your dds early on in your Montana. I was in a game where 3 of our BBs rushed into a cap and got nuked and did no damage. Stand back a bit and support your DDs at ~14km (about the edge of your detection). Nothing is more demoralizing for the enemy team than to watch twelve 16 inch shells erase a DD from existence. The team that loses their dds first will lose 80% of the time.

Forget farming damage off BBs...Focus down low health targets first. Unlike random battles, kills are more important than damage done.

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,757 battles
16 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I'm convinced it's just luck now. A lot of games involve the whole team arguing and bickering all game and getting nothing done, then salty report spam, and then it happens again. I went on a pretty big loss streak last night but ended up at 65%. 

Yeah my clan has come to this conclusion. Only way to Rank out is to have achieved Rank 1 previous season and to grind like crazy the split second Ranked season starts to get back to Rank 1 again ahead of the bad players.

Or this sums it up nicely for tier X Ranked this season...

C20C0B66-72DF-4DCF-B470-7A23FA6DDD12.jpeg.707f9636cd22e19098ca67f00f5b9e02.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

@_1204_

If you are truly determined to rank out then put the pedal down hard and fast.  Play the game like it's your job.  Because if you don't when most of the good players have ranked out or got as far as they desire to go then you are going to be stuck with guys licking their computer screen and controlling their mouse and keyboard with their feet.

Then you will get mad, you will rage, possibly get a chat ban, rinse and repeat.

Me, I played 13 games yesterday with a 61% WR and got to Rank 14 2 stars.  Only need 4 more stars to hit 12 and I'm done, maybe 6 more games or so.

Grabbing my easy flag stockpile and done.  Could care less for steel, copper or some flag.

Good luck to you and the rest of the masochists. 

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,757 battles
Just now, Aeries1 said:

@_1204_

If you are truly determined to rank out then put the pedal down hard and fast.  Play the game like it's your job.  Because if you don't when most of the good players have ranked out or got as far as they desire to go then you are going to be stuck with guys licking their computer screen and controlling their mouse and keyboard with their feet.

Then you will get mad, you will rage, possibly get a chat ban, rinse and repeat.

Me, I played 13 games yesterday with a 61% WR and got to Rank 14 2 stars.  Only need 4 more stars to hit 12 and I'm done, maybe 6 more games or so.

Grabbing my easy flag stockpile and done.  Could care less for steel, copper or some flag.

Good luck to you and the rest of the masochists. 

Too late those players have already flooded the Ranks in tier X Ranked.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah my clan has come to this conclusion. Only way to Rank out is to have achieved Rank 1 previous season and to grind like crazy the split second Ranked season starts to get back to Rank 1 again ahead of the bad players.

Image result for he's right you know meme

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Too late those players have already flooded the Ranks in tier X Ranked.

Yeah I started to gather a bit too many 45%ers towards the end last night and called it good.  But for me, 4 more stars won't take long so not really sweating it.

[POP]
Members
531 posts
11,551 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

… Just report them for their bad behavior 

[LOU1]
Members
2,875 posts
8,004 battles

You can sort by Ranked Season to see how many battles various players needed to rank out.  Keep in mind that ShipComrade only has data for players whose name has been searched on ShipComrade, unless I am mistaken.

http://shipcomrade.com/leaderboard.asp?PR=na&Name=&A=1&B=5&G=0&S=9&R=118&C=0

Members
2,455 posts
12,175 battles
56 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

So finally got my first tier 10 for a ranked season, and mark my words I will get that jolly roger and steel. Went from rank 19 to 15 last night, but I've spent all morning in Montana, and I've only gone up maybe 5 stars. I do t think it's a me issue... I'm averaging 95k but have a 46 winrate. I know it's a game of persistence, and since I'm not going DOWN, I've just kept going. 

My question for you all is about how many battles does it take people to rank out, and what special tricks and patterns do you use to tell you when it's a good idea to play or when you will just be digging your own grave?

Is it like 2 of the first 3 games have to be wins? Always start on a win? Or what?

there is no logic to it. the best players have figured something out that the rest of us haven't. There is no other explanation as to how some quickly advance while many of us struggle all day long. many hi tier clans drop sync to enhance their performance but that certainly doesn't affect the outcome of hundreds and hundreds of games. ranking out is possible with less than a 50% wr and even a 48% wr. Just takes longer. 

Know this though, if you are a true grinder..it could take well over 500 games. I know of a few that were down to one or two stars left to rank out and lost 15 in a row to go back to four or five.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,525 battles

Wait for all the unicums to get to the top league or rank out, then start.

• Funny 1

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
33 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Know this though, if you are a true grinder..it could take well over 500 games. I know of a few that were down to one or two stars left to rank out and lost 15 in a row to go back to four or five.

He's a solid player, doubt it would take him that many.  But good players have got to be vigilant and determined, or.......

Image result for window licker gif

...........will be their reward.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,006 battles
5 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

Wait for all the unicums to get to the top league or rank out, then start.

This. 

If you are the below average player for the pool, then you will most likely have a losing record. 

If you are better than the majority of the pool, then you should have a higher win rate. 

So if you aren't among the best in the server you might be best waiting until the player pool has degraded enough for a person to be better than most if what is there. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,006 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I'm curious as to how you guys came to this conclusion. 

Theories need to be tested before they are anything more than theories

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
2,365 posts
14,610 battles

The salt had already started

I started at 16. took only 1 game to reach 15.

Then 15 games to reach 14.

Today it took 2 games to reach 13. The last game was a win despite our sides Yamato decided to kamikaze into C in mountain range at the start.  His reason? He was fed up with yoyoing. He died in 5 minutes into the game.

Shakes head

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
4,003 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

i didn't play this ranked(and won't play it since tier8 ranked is boring after the second time),so that makes me a winner.

yeah you guys can have fun ranking out,the gold medal is already mine folks.have fu nwith the second and third place.

[BLUE_]
Members
17 posts
8,388 battles

took me 5 tries to get to Rank 12 i am 50% WR and lost 80% trying to get to irrevocable 12.  got to 10 this morning stuck in 11 after lots of games.  Unicums on my team won the match each time.  I had zero impact on 20 games i played good or bad. Counted up unicum clan tags if we had more we won 90% of the time.  OPG, CUTE, etc on your team?  good you win.

Edited by metameta1

Members
588 posts

I played maybe two Ranked games last season.   The last time I played Ranked I believe it was Season 1 or maybe 2.   Had a blast in a Benson....

Four games and three wins but seem to remember some sort of specific Map Advice.   Looked at YouTube cannot find any.  Searched the Forum and a little luck.  Does anyone have any links? 

Ditto on the effect of Unicum on your team....    That is not just in Ranked but Randoms.  I finally got Yamato and watched a ton of Unicum vids and in the first 48 games had 64% WR.   Boring beyond belief so I started having fun and WR fell like a rock.   I can wrap up the Tier 8 stuff quickly but want to study like crazy before Tier X.   

Thanks Beforehand

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you get rank 1 last season you only get to rank 13 with one star at the start of this season, and you can get to rank 15 very quickly, a day or two. So there's really not that much difference and blaming "bad players" is a really crap excuse. There's no reason for not ranking out if you actually play.

Also, how are you judging others are bad players? No offense but it doesn't seem very credible.

Edited by RadDisconnect

[H_]
Members
700 posts

I'm really new to this game so my observations have not had "years and history" to influence them....  What I've seen in the games I've played so far sit in the "us" and "them" realm.  Absolute wins to absolute losses: stomps.  In the first 3 minutes, about first contact, you can actually see who will win.

Some matches look like coop.  A few matches just really didn't make any sense at all and the higher ranked players had zero intention of doing anything to help teammates.....zero.  I went out in one match had so many sync drops I thought I was actually playing in a clan battle; and, those 'quasi divisions' were helping themselves and themselves only.....   Then, there were matches that were team won matches with very helpful players???

If "luck" is the metric to ranked battle, I'm not sure it's time effective to play?  All that seems to be there for rewards are some flags, some other 'stuff' and for me, a few hundred losses where I'm not even sure why we were playing this game cause the game we were playing had nothing to do with teamwork, tactical expertise or naval warfare from WW2......it was a FPS on water......that was saying:  "me, me, me, mine, mine, mine, now, now, now.....any questions?"

I kinda of wish we had VOIP built into the ranked battles so the side could actually talk.....  I'd love to hear and communicate as a learn.

Edited by Asym_KS

Members
564 posts
630 battles
17 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Unless... Well, whatever.

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

Last Ranked season I did well, but only 51.5% WR to rank 10.  8th ranked season I had a 58.8% WR to rank 9 but this season I can't get out of rank 17...  Too many teams where at least 1 BB has full health - they may have a kill but when there is no one left - rather useless.

Sign in to follow this