You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dbw86

captain's skill discount sale

4 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
138 posts
4,470 battles

This weekend there is a sale on Doubloons for Captain's Training that reads:

- 80% for Doubloons on "Commander's Training" and -50% for Doubloons on "Commander's Retraining".    The only way I see to do training is when I purchase/recruit a new 3 skill point captain from WoW's with Doubloons "25 Doubloons", and for Retraining I see no way to use Doubloons unless I've expended all my Elite Commander's XP and F XP.    Am I missing something or another way where I can spend doubloons to advance my captain's training or retraining using only Doubloons?????????? 

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

Training is getting a new Commander.  5 doubloons now, rather than the normal 25.

Retraining is moving an existing Commander to a new ship.  250 doubloons now, rather than the normal 500.

There is no discount on respecing/resetting Commander skills.

I was confused at first last time they did this, as you are now.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
55 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Training is getting a new Commander.  5 doubloons now, rather than the normal 25.

Retraining is moving an existing Commander to a new ship.  250 doubloons now, rather than the normal 500.

There is no discount on respecing/resetting Commander skills.

I was confused at first last time they did this, as you are now.

Ah, so utterly useless then. I noticed my respecs were still 475. Same thing with the Elite Commander XP -> FXP "Discount".

Members
9,868 posts
58 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Ah, so utterly useless then. I noticed my respecs were still 475. Same thing with the Elite Commander XP -> FXP "Discount".

They do seem to love to throw out useless sales detrimental to the majority of the player base at times...don't they.

I asked Turbo point blank what the point of a elite commander xp -> free xp sale was? To get players to waste elite commander XP that 99% of them absolutely need? Didn't get a response.:Smile_sad:

Edited by awiggin