Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ExploratorOne

Halsey Mission Ranked - Task 1 & 2

9 comments in this topic

[LOU1]
Members
2,844 posts
7,974 battles

I just noticed Tasks 1 and 2 of the Hit Hard! Halsey mission can be accomplished in Ranked Battles (along with Clan and PvE).  Even though you only get the stars rewards once, you can at least keep grinding away one star at a time while playing Ranked.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
10 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I just noticed Tasks 1 and 2 of the Hit Hard! Halsey mission can be accomplished in Ranked Battles (along with Clan and PvE).  Even though you only get the stars rewards once, you can at least keep grinding away one star at a time while playing Ranked.

FTFY

Otherwise, all very true.  Although to be honest, it'd be slow as molasses to try to grind out the coop-allowable tasks to complete the entire Halsey campaign.   Mind you, it was nice to be able to play some battles in coop when I was in a coop kind of mood and know that I could still make a little progress, rather than thinking that it was a total waste of time.

[LOU1]
Members
2,844 posts
7,974 battles
28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

FTFY

Otherwise, all very true.  Although to be honest, it'd be slow as molasses to try to grind out the coop-allowable tasks to complete the entire Halsey campaign.   Mind you, it was nice to be able to play some battles in coop when I was in a coop kind of mood and know that I could still make a little progress, rather than thinking that it was a total waste of time.

Thanks!  I was a bit excited and jumped out of the game to create the thread.  Actually thought I had proofread it.  With the other campaigns, you usually can't make any progress while playing Ranked.  This may be slow, but it is moving and you will be progressing.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
157 posts
1,494 battles

I noticed that last night, and started on the one for 2.5 MM silver.  Almost done with it.  

It'll be a long time before I grind through that campaign, but it's nice to be able to get a little bit of a start and pick up a few rewards along the way.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
19 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Thanks!  I was a bit excited and jumped out of the game to create the thread.  Actually thought I had proofread it.  With the other campaigns, you usually can't make any progress while playing Ranked.  This may be slow, but it is moving and you will be progressing.

Yeah, it bugs me that you can't work all missions and tasks in all modes.  Oh, I get tier limitations and that's ok.  But when there are regular missions but they don't accept results from, say, ranked, it really creates a bad situation where the player has to decide whether he wants to play Ranked or work a mission.  And I love working missions.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,844 posts
7,974 battles

It is improving.  It used to be rare that you could accomplish any task or mission outside of Randoms.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
157 posts
1,494 battles
18 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

It is improving.  It used to be rare that you could accomplish any task or mission outside of Randoms.

I'm selfish, but I'd like to see more applicable for co-op.  Selfish because at this point, I spend a lot of time there.  Although, I'm venturing out more now that I'm learning and gaining more education.

The ranked matches I've played so far are accelerating my learning curve, a bit.  Granted, I know there's more comm there than in 99.895% of Random matches, lol.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
5 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

I'm selfish, but I'd like to see more applicable for co-op.  Selfish because at this point, I spend a lot of time there.  Although, I'm venturing out more now that I'm learning and gaining more education.

The ranked matches I've played so far are accelerating my learning curve, a bit.  Granted, I know there's more comm there than in 99.895% of Random matches, lol.

I play coop fairly often, but I wouldn't want to see too many things being able to be done in coop.  The problem is that coop is just too easy for many types of missions.  Earning XP or credits is fine for coop because you have to put in a lot of time, so you've earned it.  For me, the benefit of being able to do those XP and credit tasks in coop is that when I'm in the coop kind of mood, I know that I'm not wasting my time and that my XP and credits, however meager, will still count.  But I rarely seek to complete entire tasks in coop with a few exceptions.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
157 posts
1,494 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I play coop fairly often, but I wouldn't want to see too many things being able to be done in coop.  The problem is that coop is just too easy for many types of missions.  Earning XP or credits is fine for coop because you have to put in a lot of time, so you've earned it.  For me, the benefit of being able to do those XP and credit tasks in coop is that when I'm in the coop kind of mood, I know that I'm not wasting my time and that my XP and credits, however meager, will still count.  But I rarely seek to complete entire tasks in coop with a few exceptions.

Yeah, I am in alignment with that.  XP and credit type grinds would be a good demarcation.  Too many of the "destroy this many xxxx" types might be too easy.  I agree with your point of view on this, now that I think about it.

Sign in to follow this