You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chelsea2003

Steam deals, Graf, Anshan, Ishizuchi

59 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
400 battles

For those that have a Steam account

$10

Admiral Graf Spee, Tier VI German Cruiser

1 Port Slot

Doubloons: 500

1 Commander with 6 skill points

https://store.steampowered.com/app/845010/World_of_Warships__Admiral_Graf_Spee_Pack/

$10

Anshan, Tier VI Pan-Asian Destroyer

1 Port Slot

Doubloons: 1,500

https://store.steampowered.com/app/845020/World_of_Warships__Anshan_Pack/

$5

Ishizuchi, Tier IV Japanese Battleship

1 Port Slot

Main Armaments Mod I

Damage Control System mod I

5x Steam containers: Exclusive boxes that grant three random items from the list below:
- 250 Doubloons
- 5х Steam camouflage
-5000 Free XP 
- Premium account for 1 day 
- Combat Signals (Zulu, Zulu Hotel, Papa Papa, Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot)

25x Steam camouflages
+75% to ship XP per battle
+75% to Сommander XP per battle
+75% to free XP per battle
-3% to detectability range by sea
+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship

Steam flag

https://store.steampowered.com/app/844890/World_of_Warships__Exclusive_Starter_Pack/

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,106 posts
18,628 battles

Honestly: these are good deals.

The T6 ships are usually about $24 per ship.

The T4 isn't the greates premium but hey with the extras: recommended buy.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Honestly: these are good deals.

The T6 ships are usually about $24 per ship.

The T4 isn't the greates premium but hey with the extras: recommended buy.

I’m in agreement with this. The Anshan and Spee deals are pretty good.

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,201 battles

I agree, the Graf Spee and Anshan offers are very good deals.  Although, a word of caution to new players that the Anshan really needs a 12 point captain to be useable (Expert Marksman is a must because of the slow turrets).  

[HYDRO]
Members
1,307 posts
3,661 battles

Spee is a bit of an acquired taste yet fun.

Anshan has a very helpful 100%+ Free Xp earned  bonus baked into her camo.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles
6 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Do you get doubloons in compensation if you already own the ship?

Yes can confirm from the last Steam Sale

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
54 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Spee is a bit of an acquired taste yet fun.

Makes a good (re)trainer too. It can make use of both BB and CA skills nicely.

The other thing about this sale, if you already have Spee, you get the doubloon value, which you can turn around and use on a different premium, effectively giving you a (variable depending on the ship you then purchase) discount on ANY premium ship.

Edited by Skpstr

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
159 posts
1,506 battles

Be sure you've created your WoWs account through Steam before buying these.  Not just 'having' a Steam account - rather, you had to have downloaded and signed up for WoWs through Steam, or else these won't work.  At least, according to the call-out under the purchase option AND several reviews.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks.

Edited by CatSnipah
  • Cool 1

Members
47 posts
5,808 battles
28 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The other thing about this sale, if you already have Spee, you get the doubloon value, which you can turn around and use on a different premium, effectively giving you a (variable depending on the ship you then purchase) discount on ANY premium ship.

Friendly Heads up:
IF YOU PLAN TO DO THIS, DOUBLE CHECK THE DOUBLOON VALUE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE.

I can't see it in my own shop, however the in the aftermath of the last steam sale, WG said that if you owned the ship, you would get a discounted doubloon value, along the lines of what you could buy normally. IE Anshan is 3700 dubs normally, but if you already have the ship, you might only get 1000-1500 dubs. (For the ship that is, If the deal says you get 500 dubs, you get those regardless)

[-WPG-]
Members
728 posts
3,133 battles
59 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

That last Steam sale was bonkers.  They nerfed the doubloon compensation if you already had the ships because of it.  The last sale, which included the Texas for another $10, netted you 18,000 doubloons and like 1.5M silver (and slots and captains and a few crates).  I got the Scharnhorst, 60 days premium, a bunch of permacamos during the sale, and still have like 1000 doubloons left over.  

They're still pretty decent deals, and the doubloon values are listed, but it's not the same as that last Steam deal. 

Edited by DouglasMacAwful

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
8 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Friendly Heads up:

I can't see it in my own shop, however the in the aftermath of the last steam sale, WG said that if you owned the ship, you would get a discounted doubloon value, along the lines of what you could buy normally. IE Anshan is 3700 dubs normally, but if you already have the ship, you might only get 1000-1500 dubs. (For the ship that is, If the deal says you get 500 dubs, you get those regardless)

That's a good point.

Although, I have a feeling it'll be ok, because there isn't a specific discount on the ship.

With any luck, someone will try it, and post a yay or nay.

Members
47 posts
5,808 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's a good point.

Although, I have a feeling it'll be ok, because there isn't a specific discount on the ship.

With any luck, someone will try it, and post a yay or nay.

There isn't a specific discount on the ship. BUT......

If we're to run the total cost of one of the packages (I'm going to use Anshan, as it's the only ship that I don't have)

Anshan, Tier VI Pan-Asian Destroyer - 3700 Dubs; 1 Port Slot - 300 Dubs; Doubloons: 1,500 - 1500 Dubs; 1 Commander with 6 skill points -> 25 Dubs (3 pt cpt)

That gives us a grand total of ~5525 dubs, which costs 32.47$ CAD. The Steam sale costs 11.59$ CAD, so you get a discount of approximately 20.88$ CAD (Or 16.01$ USD) - So, TECHNICALLY, there is a discount. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the steam sale, and hope it works the way everyone's thinking for anyone who could purchase it. Personally, I find WG's prices just a bit high for my taste, which is why I jumped at the last sale and bought three of them. Unfortunately, based on WG's reaction to the players after the last steam sale, I'm a bit skeptical of them approaching us with an actually great deal if you already own the ships. In any case, I can't see anything about what happens if you own them already, so until someone tries it, we can't know.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,912 battles
14 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

I'm a bit skeptical of them approaching us with an actually great deal if you already own the ships

You're not supposed to buy them if you already own the :etc_swear: ships. WG's reaction was due to an oversight on their part that let people mine doubloons at the company's expense.

OTOH the package offers a destroyer, a cruiser (of sorts) and a battleship at really good prices, and the last time there was a Steam bundle sale I snapped up all three. Ishizuchi back then was even more stupidly cheap than she is here, IIRC, and she came with a couple of Yamamoto crates which shortcut the need to finish that campaign if what you wanted was the camo and flag options (you still have to finish it to get Yamamoto himself, of course). Ishizuchi is essentially a 12 inch gunned Amagi with armour to match, and IMHO seems like a good way to learn positioning and angling etc. to familiarise yourself for her bigger, beefier sister (unless you want to spend the extra and get Ashitaka, which basically IS Amagi at Tier VII).

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
1 hour ago, firemedic1428 said:

They've changed teh rules since the last sale where you could actually buy the stuff for a normal account. You will not get the full value of the ship only the discounted one, i.e. there is no reason to buy it at all.

Members
9,863 posts
2 hours ago, firemedic1428 said:

You get the DISCOUNTED value in doubloons they changed it after we all took  advantage of the steam sale last time....:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're not supposed to buy them if you already own the :etc_swear: ships. WG's reaction was due to an oversight on their part that let people mine doubloons at the company's expense.

It was hardly an "oversight". They provided the original doubloon value for duplicate ships to sell many of the bundles early on AND used that as a selling point. Wargaming has a tendency to contradict itself and plays a bit fast with facts. It is not surprising. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[OPG]
Supertester
1,881 posts
9,977 battles
On 8/25/2018 at 2:30 PM, CatSnipah said:

Be sure you've created your WoWs account through Steam before buying these.  Not just 'having' a Steam account - rather, you had to have downloaded and signed up for WoWs through Steam, or else these won't work.  At least, according to the call-out under the purchase option AND several reviews.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks.

:Smile_great: It is only for accounts that were new players from steam.

• Cool 2

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
446 posts
950 battles
2 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

:Smile_great: It is only for accounts that were new players from steam.

Yep, I tried to link my existing WG account to my Steam account last sale, and it didn't work.

[DOG]
Members
378 posts
5,554 battles

I have a Steam account, but I haven't played WoWS on it.  Does it play any differently through Steam?  And would I be able to transfer over all my ships, commanders, XP, etc?  With the upcoming forced installation of the new launcher, it might be easier to just install the game on Steam.

Members
753 posts
10 battles
On 8/25/2018 at 2:31 PM, TheOmegaDuck said:

Friendly Heads up:

When Wargaming did this, it was one of the major factors for why I turned off the faucet of endless cash. I had 47 premium ships and spent 100-200 dollars a month on the game. Seeing Wargamings GREED on full display really turned me off from playing the game. As a whale deals like that were a defacto way of rewarding Whales for all the money we spent on the game. Instead Wargaming gave us a big F U. Wargaming has not gotten a dime from me since they made that announcement. 

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
446 posts
950 battles
2 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

I have a Steam account, but I haven't played WoWS on it.  Does it play any differently through Steam?  And would I be able to transfer over all my ships, commanders, XP, etc?  With the upcoming forced installation of the new launcher, it might be easier to just install the game on Steam.

From what I could tell, no, you couldn't transfer anything, you'd have to start a whole new account.