You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Ah, tier 10 ranked...

12 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

This was my actual first tier 10 battle in Ranked.

I'll cap B in my DD, I say, the rest of you go to A. "Wilco" was the reply but then most of the team just lemmings after me, leaving three to go to A. The three at A are almost immediately deleted by the enemy ships there. However, they do manage to get one of the two enemy DDs.

Well, I'll spot for you other three guys, since you followed me to B. Here they are -- start shooting at them! Uh, team? Oh, you all are back at B hiding behind a rock, all three of you. Uh oh, I'm in trouble, I'm radared and here is the last enemy DD too. OK, I got the DD and got away from the radar. They have no more DDs, you all can come out from behind your rock now.

What? You are still not moving? Well, I'm torping the BB coming this way so just stay put.  Two minutes later, "Don't fire at your allies." What the heck?  I told you I was torping, you saw the ship I was torping and where it was heading. Now you decide to come out from behind your rock and sail right into my torps? What were you trying to do, ram it?

Sigh. OK, I'll cap C. Uh oh, there's a BB coming around the island here. OK, I'll smoke up and try to melt him down with HE. He's only 7 km away but the torps are on cool-down. Blam! What the heck, why are you ramming me out of my smoke "friendly" BB? It's not going to hide you at 7 km anyway. Well, now that I'm spotted I'll do the best I can, at least I have you here to support me. Uh, BB? Oh, you are hiding behind the rock now.

Well, at least this level is irrevocable and I ended up first on the team to boot. I didn't even turn pink.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Boring 3

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

This thread ought to be the nameless and shameless ranked thread, two classics from this morning.

"spotting is not flanking, you need a BB to absorb damage to flank"

and my new all time favorite...after I landed two torps in a Kurfurst and he repaired the flood, I told our Hindy to stop shooting AP and try to get him on fire with HE... he responds  "no!, I'm German" and continues to fire AP at the Kurfusts nose. Laughed my ash off the whole match.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
4 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

This thread ought to be the nameless and shameless ranked thread, two classics from this morning.

"spotting is not flanking, you need a BB to absorb damage to flank"

and my new all time favorite...after I landed two torps in a Kurfurst and he repaired the flood, I told our Hindy to stop shooting AP and try to get him on fire with HE... he responds  "no!, I'm German" and continues to fire AP at the Kurfusts nose. Laughed my ash off the whole match.

What can you say?  Some people are as stupid as the day is long.

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles
2 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

"no!, I'm German" and continues to fire AP at the Kurfusts nose. 

Let's use one of these:

51cuiI+EU9L._SX425_.jpg

To hunt one of these:

da4ab25d22a0e3dc7886e11c3fd347e6.jpg

• Cool 1

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
249 posts
3,471 battles

i was one of the stupids in my first t10 ranked the other day . In my shimmy in first 5 min i was chased out of cap rammed an island and 2 of my team mates lost 90% of my hitpoints. Worst battle in my shimmy i ever had thankyou team for carrying me to a win.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
17 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

I think the guy you're talking about runs multiple accounts... he had 6 ships on one of my teams last night. 

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

Well, my second game was much better. Was it because Notser was on the team and nobody wanted to look bad on YouTube?

shot-18_08.25_11_12.06-0679.jpg.9029ff8dfa75ae0b8dcd915d7f2549bf.jpg

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
249 posts
3,471 battles

haha pulling notser in game. Notser,s vids are great but he has become a thang ingame for ramming islands

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
30 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Well, my second game was much better. Was it because Notser was on the team and nobody wanted to look bad on YouTube?

shot-18_08.25_11_12.06-0679.jpg.9029ff8dfa75ae0b8dcd915d7f2549bf.jpg

Yea, the Harugumo is so clumsy I couldn't dodge your torp. We really could have used some radar up north but they both went together to the far cap (I think C), GG.

• Cool 1

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,023 posts
4,187 battles

The real pisser is going from competent T8 play to.... .wth? TX play.  I swear to God one of our BBs was a bot, he got as far from the caps as he could and hid behind an island.  It wasn't just stupid, it was [edited]embarrassing.

Why does WG have to put us through this every ranked?  It's got ot be to reduce people's credit balances with TX repair bills.

I'm surprised it does not cause more rage quitting.

[ANKER]
Members
54 posts
4,940 battles
35 minutes ago, thegreenbaron said:

I'm surprised it does not cause more rage quitting.

I'd be surprised if it didn't already cause a lot of rage quitting. But, WG has some sort of formula to show the type of players they lose by forcing us into tier X battles, is less important for business than whatever they fear to lose otherwise. Makes you wonder what it is they prefer to keep over player retention/satisfaction. Losing players that only want tier X play? Reduction in tier X perma camo sales? Less people pushing for new tier X ships to use? Less activity in forum/reddit from us complaining about tier X again?

I'm legitimately trying to understand what makes tier X ranked seasons a benefit to the company. Maybe there is a larger crowd of those that want tier X for everything and we just don't hear from this crowd since they are satisfied.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
9 minutes ago, WinterSoIdier said:

I'd be surprised if it didn't already cause a lot of rage quitting. But, WG has some sort of formula to show the type of players they lose by forcing us into tier X battles, is less important for business than whatever they fear to lose otherwise. Makes you wonder what it is they prefer to keep over player retention/satisfaction. Losing players that only want tier X play? Reduction in tier X perma camo sales? Less people pushing for new tier X ships to use? Less activity in forum/reddit from us complaining about tier X again?

I'm legitimately trying to understand what makes tier X ranked seasons a benefit to the company. Maybe there is a larger crowd of those that want tier X for everything and we just don't hear from this crowd since they are satisfied.

They said before that there were more people with T10 ships than people realize (enough to make it ranked). What that really means is their existing player base is largely not new. Further, they keep incentivizing competitive modes, especially those that require multiple people to play on a team, over everything else.  So it seems that they've decided people not playing Clan Battles, Ranked, or tournaments aren't really worth their time. I would very much like to see the data that went in to this decision as Random and Co-op/Scenario players definitely make up the majority of the player base.