You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Tier 5 and lower Permanent Camouflage

46 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,752 battles

HI WG

You have made some great permanent camouflage for ships from tier 6  to 10 however I have quite few ships at tier 5 and lower that I would love have on them.

Not all of us sell our lower Tier ships some of them are our favourites to play when things get tough at the top end.

Sometimes we like to come down and chill and relax.

So how about it WG can produce some historical Tier 5 and under camo's for our ships

Here is a few of my fav low tier ships

Konigsberg

Kuma

Kongo

Bretagne

Hosho 

Zuiho

There is more but that will do for a start and certain that other players have there own favourites

regards  

• Cool 6

Members
133 posts

You have my vote, i keep nearly all my tier 5's and under so they could do with some shiny camo. Even my fav tier 1 the Hermelin ;)

In addition to that i'd like to see more camo pattern variety. Why not make certain types of camos available across all tiers? Like the Roon/Hipper camos or the black/white stripe camo of Bismarck. Tbh i think the Wyoming would look good in the Iowa camo for example.

• Cool 1

Members
705 posts
25 minutes ago, RustyFMJ said:

You have my vote, i keep nearly all my tier 5's and under so they could do with some shiny camo. Even my fav tier 1 the Hermelin ;)

In addition to that i'd like to see more camo pattern variety. Why not make certain types of camos available across all tiers? Like the Roon/Hipper camos or the black/white stripe camo of Bismarck. Tbh i think the Wyoming would look good in the Iowa camo for example.

I'll second that. My own personal fave would be a Measure 1 scheme as seen on Arizona. It would look great on Omaha and Pensacola.

• Cool 1

Members
1,785 posts
17,372 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

HI WG

You have made some great permanent camouflage for ships from tier 6  to 10 however I have quite few ships at tier 5 and lower that I would love have on them.

Not all of us sell our lower Tier ships some of them are our favourites to play when things get tough at the top end.

Sometimes we like to come down and chill and relax.

So how about it WG can produce some historical Tier 5 and under camo's for our ships

Here is a few of my fav low tier ships

Konigsberg

Kuma

Kongo

Bretagne

Hosho 

Zuiho

There is more but that will do for a start and certain that other players have there own favourites

regards  

There's not really a need for it as even w/all consumables mounted & type 5 camo you still would have a very hard time losing credits at those tiers.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles
34 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

There's not really a need for it as even w/all consumables mounted & type 5 camo you still would have a very hard time losing credits at those tiers.

It's more about having camo's fitting how the ship was painted at some point or a camo pattern possibly used by that navy or something fun, the usual things of most permanent camo's. That and they could do diffrent bonus like with Tirpitz alt camo and Anshan where they give bonus free xp, or perhaps bonus commander xp to make them pseduo premiums. 

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
473 posts
5,444 battles
45 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not about "need" in any way. There are many T5s I'd like to see get this (lower tier too, just don't want any myself). It's entirely about "want."

Edited by HeathenForay

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,421 battles

Those perma camos have to be bought with doubloons

• Bad 1

Members
133 posts
2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Those perma camos have to be bought with doubloons

Pointless post?

• Bad 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,421 battles

@RustyFMJ Pointless pointing out that my pointless post is pointless! Enjoy your pointless day pointing out pointlessly other pointless post! Savvy?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 4

Members
133 posts
2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@RustyFMJ Pointless pointing out that my pointless post is pointless! Enjoy your pointless day pointing out pointlessly other pointless post! Savvy?

So you admit it's pointless, good on you.

You were merely stating the obvious, ofcourse camos cost doubloons.

Maybe you do mind none of that stuff is for free but lots of others don't.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles

We had this topic a few months ago. Since lower tier camos should be usually cheaper my recommendation was 2500 gold for all ships T1-T5 ships from one techtree.  

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,246 battles

I have a few T5s that I would have kept if permacammo would have been available. I hung on the Königsberg as it was (and still is) my best cruiser for win rate. Would have done the same for Emerald and Nicolas but they were sold out to free up the port slots back in the day.

[POP]
Members
840 posts
9,479 battles

I agree, there should be historical permacamos with maybe added benefits such as Captain xp?

[PVE]
Members
8,853 posts
7,257 battles
35 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I have a few T5s that I would have kept if permacammo would have been available. I hung on the Königsberg as it was (and still is) my best cruiser for win rate. Would have done the same for Emerald and Nicolas but they were sold out to free up the port slots back in the day.

Emerald has perma-camo.

KlRzlyx.jpg

[PVE]
Members
8,853 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, Ben_CA68 said:

New York and Texas have permanent camouflage....

Texas is a premium and premiums always have perma-camo. New York does have perma-camo.

3oZ5XBR.jpg

[PVE]
Members
8,853 posts
7,257 battles

There is Halloween camo for Wakataka St Louis and Nassau at T3. With Emerald and New York, that is all the T5 and below perma-camo for tech tress ships at this time.

wxBBcIO.jpg

VAZCDt2.jpg

4tfLSYD.jpg

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles

WG is all about making money, so it's hard to imagine why they haven't offered permacamos for lower tier ships. Do they need them? Certainly not, but neither do the premiums that just got new camo options with this last patch. I'd bet they've sold quite a few of those, too.

I have a few tier 5's I'd consider buying permacamo for, if WG ever makes them happen.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
22 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

WG is all about making money, so it's hard to imagine why they haven't offered permacamos for lower tier ships. Do they need them? Certainly not, but neither do the premiums that just got new camo options with this last patch. I'd bet they've sold quite a few of those, too.

I have a few tier 5's I'd consider buying permacamo for, if WG ever makes them happen.

I agree Wiggle, really makes no sense that they are not available for low tier ships, especially those considered "keepers" like Clemson, Derski, Friant, etc. What I wish they would do is to scrap the type 1 and 2 camos, give them the standard perm camo bonuses, and make them available for every ship in the game. They are already modeled for all ships so it would be easy, and hardly anyone uses them. I just sell mine as I have plenty of other one use camo. Anyways by making those two permeant camos, players would have the option of picking out the best looking patterns for their ships and Wargaming could make a bit of extra money. All they would have to do is scale price per tier and let the free market do its thing. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,853 posts
7,257 battles
33 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree Wiggle, really makes no sense that they are not available for low tier ships, especially those considered "keepers" like Clemson, Derski, Friant, etc. What I wish they would do is to scrap the type 1 and 2 camos, give them the standard perm camo bonuses, and make them available for every ship in the game. They are already modeled for all ships so it would be easy, and hardly anyone uses them. I just sell mine as I have plenty of other one use camo. Anyways by making those two permeant camos, players would have the option of picking out the best looking patterns for their ships and Wargaming could make a bit of extra money. All they would have to do is scale price per tier and let the free market do its thing. 

Type 1 and Type 2 are the cheapest camos to use in co-op when you don't have a ton of one-use camo or perma-camo. I would rather keep them and make a new perma-camo. You could have the T5 or less perma-camo be one pattern for each nation maybe, especially with the option to choose between two or more colors.

[PVE]
Members
8,853 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshiblue said:

Does this count? 

Hide contents

k2Eqcrb.jpg

:Smile_teethhappy:  nope, no camo bonuses.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Type 1 and Type 2 are the cheapest camos to use in co-op when you don't have a ton of one-use camo or perma-camo. I would rather keep them and make a new perma-camo. You could have the T5 or less perma-camo be one pattern for each nation maybe, especially with the option to choose between two or more colors.

Well sure they are, just don't think they are used all that much. I rarely see them and IMHO most players just sell them. There are two rewards I hate getting. One is credits and the other is type 1 & 2 camos.