Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Swap the position of Repair Party & Engine Boost on St. Louis & Henri IV please

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles

I know it is impossible to standardize consumables so each 1 has it's own place as there is so many consumables & so few places you can assign them...& most importantly how do you decide which ship type gets to use the standard TYU buttons for it's consumables & which ship types get stuck w/those being "blank keys" & needing to stretch to the IO or even GHJ keys (or whatever other impractical solution which would have to be devised).

But on these 2 French cruisers we have 2 consumables that look almost exactly alike that are right next to each other:

shot-18_08.25_00_34.30-0074.thumb.jpg.47a820ff8c2f1e3f7019bb69a41d09fe.jpg

Those being the Engine Boost & the Repair Party.

Ideally it would be nice if 1 of the 2 icons could have a drastic change to make it more discernable from the other but in lieu of that (& even if you drastically change 1 of them please consider this anyway) can you switch the places they are in & here's why I ask...

Repair Party is a pretty standard consumable on a lot of cruisers & Engine Boost is a specialized consumable that the only cruisers that get it are the French line (at least on the tech tree...there may be a premium or 2 that also has it I don't know) & it is more natural to suppose that the Repair Party would be the 1st 1 & the Engine Boost would be the 2nd because on most other ships the standard consumables get the 1st left slots & the specialized consumables get the farther right keys.

I'm assuming these 2 ships are the most easily at the top of the list for all the requests for "standardized consumables". There are others of course but this just seems like a no brainer that the standard & specialized lookalike consumables should have been swapped on these 2 ships from the beginning.

Your consideration on the matter would be greatly appreciated & I thank you in advance.

Edit: I don't have the French BBs at high enough tier to know if they are set up the same way but I do know that they also have both of those consumables & if they are set up the same way please switch them too.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Depending on what efforts you want to go to, you could swap the hotkeys. If you play them enough to memorize their position, swap the keys so that consumable 3 is key t and consumable 2 is y 

(Numbers and letters made up on the spot). 

I know that's a bit far fetched, but it's a possible solution. Personally I would be against swapping standardization 

[HATE]
Members
783 posts
27,098 battles

I agree that making icons look more different would help - should be easy cosmetic change as well

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,114 battles
On 8/25/2018 at 10:50 AM, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

I agree that making icons look more different would help - should be easy cosmetic change as well

Should be some mods out there for that?

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,427 battles

ideally it should be hydro/repair/ either speed boost or main battery boost / whatever left

over time, when player get use to the key, they will just remember it

Sign in to follow this