Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Punished for doing well last Ranked Season? Ranked rewards?

16 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,474 battles

This is from another post:

I’m more irritated that it didn’t auto reward the rewards for previous ranks (I’m starting at 16) which means I was screwed out of numerous flags, premium time, and steel all for doing decent last season so essentially WG just said “thanks for participating last season, we will start you here and give you nothing for it” I honestly would have been happier starting at 23 and working up from there so I could have gotten all the rewards.. I’m pretty certain I remember being auto rewarded for the ranks I skipped in previous seasons. Im half tempted to just sit this season out so I get more rewards for season 11

Can we confirm this that by starting at a default position you miss out on all the rewards associated with the tiers you skipped? If this is true then give us a choice because I don't want to miss out of steel because I was rank 9 last season!

[TSN]
Beta Testers
11 posts
6,032 battles

You just have to play one ranked battle and it updates and rewards everything.

Doh just beat ^^

[PVE]
Members
5,326 posts
17,834 battles

Yeah just play one battle and you will get everything up to where you are at. The problem is for players who do not have a tier 10 ship and are starting out at Rank 16+ because of how far they progressed last season. They can not play one battle which is the requirement to get all the goodies. I find it hard to believe that someone at Wargaming did not see this coming, such an epic fail. They should have made rentals available this time around, made the Salem available for half price, or reduce the research costs for tier 10s on the tech tree. Really is a terrible thing they did, just so disgusted by it. 

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

As a side note remember to use the codes AHANDTOTHEHELM and KEEPANCHORSREADY to get your Dasha and Alena patches respectively. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint

[INTEL]
Members
8,452 posts
25,345 battles
16 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah just play one battle and you will get everything up to where you are at. The problem is for players who do not have a tier 10 ship and are starting out at Rank 16+ because of how far they progressed last season. They can not play one battle which is the requirement to get all the goodies. I find it hard to believe that someone at Wargaming did not see this coming, such an epic fail. They should have made rentals available this time around, made the Salem available for half price, or reduce the research costs for tier 10s on the tech tree. Really is a terrible thing they did, just so disgusted by it. 

Last year T10 didn't start til Rank 10. I opened at R15 and realized I was in T10 facing an endless vista of radar botes, Harugumos, and sync dropping purple clans, 15 ranks of aggravation. WG has made NONE of the changes players keep asking for. Customer orientation? Who ever heard of that? Listen to the people who actually play the game? What a stupid idea!

I think we players need to sit down together and argue for the opposite of what we actually want. Then WG will give us that. 

Looking forward to Ranked at T6-7-8 someday, where things are a lot more fun. But WG seems bent on destroying all the fun in the game wherever it can. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Members
855 posts
3,474 battles

I like ranked being t10. I am just not certain I like how they do ranked, still debating that.....

Last season I went to rank 9 and had a good win-rate for ranked. I could of went further but I could already see where it was going with prem-baddies that stuck into ranked 10 screwing up all the matches as you go down the chain. 

[PVE]
Members
5,326 posts
17,834 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Last year T10 didn't start til Rank 10. I opened at R15 and realized I was in T10 facing an endless vista of radar botes, Harugumos, and sync dropping purple clans, 15 ranks of aggravation. WG has made NONE of the changes players keep asking for. Customer orientation? Who ever heard of that? Listen to the people who actually play the game? What a stupid idea!

I think we players need to sit down together and argue for the opposite of what we actually want. Then WG will give us that. 

Looking forward to Ranked at T6-7-8 someday, where things are a lot more fun. But WG seems bent on destroying all the fun in the game wherever it can. 

I have never seen a company, especially a gaming company, so out of touch with what their customers are looking for. Wargaming seems intent on forcing players into high tier gameplay and it is angering some, boring others, and alienating a good sized group of players. Just so ridiculous. My first Ranked season was great fun, tier 6 until Rank 10, then tier 8 ships. I loved it, bought a Lo Yang to compete later on but bailed after I hit Rank 11 or so. I found I just wasn't doing well enough (I was pretty new as a player). 

The big problem with WoWS and their other titles is that they are just not fun the longer you play. Just the same old thing over and over, only the rewards change. I would imagine that it is why so few people play the game compared to other online MMOs. 

• Bad 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,452 posts
25,345 battles
16 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have never seen a company, especially a gaming company, so out of touch with what their customers are looking for. 

There's no reason they couldn't have surveyed the entire playerbase and said "What tiers would you like to see for Ranked?" and then used the two most popular. They have so many ways to reach us. 

Sad. 

• Bad 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
29 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yea i've only played like four matches - seen sync drops in two... one of them had two different clans in it with players on each team. Pretty sad... but hey, if they went by clan tags to prevent, that'd be what, at least something to slow or stop it.

I think you may be right about the arguing.  :cat_paw:

Members
9,868 posts
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

As a side note remember to use the codes AHANDTOTHEHELM and KEEPANCHORSREADY to get your Dasha and Alena commanders respectively. 

Those aren't commanders....:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Those aren't commanders....:Smile_teethhappy:

Oh man I just realized how stupid that was :fish_palm: 

Fixed it

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
914 posts
6,120 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

There's no reason they couldn't have surveyed the entire playerbase and said "What tiers would you like to see for Ranked?" and then used the two most popular. They have so many ways to reach us. 

Sad. 

Why would you suspect they didn't look at the average tier played by players who play the most ranked battles historically? 

Not saying they did.. But it's what I'd have done. Personally I'm thrilled it's T10 again. It's my fav tier and I play it a lot outside ranked as well. Nothing beats being top tier all the time ;) 

[INTEL]
Members
8,452 posts
25,345 battles
16 hours ago, TheBlackWind said:

Why would you suspect they didn't look at the average tier played by players who play the most ranked battles historically? 

Because if it is an Average Tier it can never be 10. Think about it.

There are several other problems -- players check out of Ranked because it is T10 so your approach won't find them -- it will find only the (smaller) base of players who played many battles. 

Also, it doesnt tell us what they prefer, only what they did. 

WG has all our emails and the game has a survey tool that directs you to survey pages. Absolutely no reason except either (1) fear of the answer or (2) laziness not to survey the playerbase. The lack of customer orientation at WG means the game will never grow.

16 hours ago, TheBlackWind said:

Not saying they did.. But it's what I'd have done. Personally I'm thrilled it's T10 again. It's my fav tier and I play it a lot outside ranked as well. Nothing beats being top tier all the time ;) 

Yeah, lotta people like being top tier all the time.  But the play up there is really stale, and worse, it's been nothing but T10 all year. I have stopped playing T8-10 entirely and am enjoying randoms a lot more.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
914 posts
6,120 battles

imo there's more strategy to it.. that's what i like

Sign in to follow this