Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPTMUDDXX

Steel to Coal Conversion?

10 comments in this topic

[LOU1]
Members
2,857 posts
7,992 battles

Only comes into play when you are short of the coal you need to obtain something.  When you go to buy an item in the Arsenal that is more than the coal you have, it will show the conversion for the steel you have to coal.  You can then approve the exchange or decline it.

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles

Thanks Explorator, was wondering how it was done as well. I am assuming you require enough steel to make the purchase. I was playing with Arsenal thinking of buying the Salem and am around 10k coal short. Thought I would convert the 200 steel I have but it would not allow me to do it. I guess I need to have enough steel to get 10k in coal before it works. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
303 posts
6 battles

Don't do it! Coal comes easy, steel does not!

You can easily get 1200+ a day just from containers. You can't get 100 steel a day. Not worth the trade!

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
3 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Don't do it! Coal comes easy, steel does not!

You can easily get 1200+ a day just from containers. You can't get 100 steel a day. Not worth the trade!

Well normally I would agree but I will never get enough steel to buy anything with it and what I want is the Salem so I can grind to Rank 10 this season. I may be able to get enough coal with enough time to hit my goal, the problem is that the "Resources" containers are not cooperating. I keep getting just 400 coal out of each one... I am not going to complain, keep getting lots of Free XP and I want that too but it does make me laugh. When I want Free XP, I get coal, when I want coal, I get Free XP... Gonna start "wanting" a free ship and see what happens... 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,416 battles

@ExploratorOne Well I have 100 steel and 800 coal but it does not show a convert to coal place anywhere on the page. Never mind I am short for what I want to buy any way  

Oh and I will spend what I want when I want  on what I want whenever I want and will not be told not to by anyone!

• Bad 1

Members
303 posts
6 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well normally I would agree but I will never get enough steel to buy anything with it and what I want is the Salem so I can grind to Rank 10 this season. I may be able to get enough coal with enough time to hit my goal, the problem is that the "Resources" containers are not cooperating. I keep getting just 400 coal out of each one... I am not going to complain, keep getting lots of Free XP and I want that too but it does make me laugh. When I want Free XP, I get coal, when I want coal, I get Free XP... Gonna start "wanting" a free ship and see what happens... 

If you have no Des Moines, or any high tier USN heavy cruisers for that matter, you might have a hard time with the Salem. You got a fletcher, I see; you might wanna just grind out to the Gearing instead and play that.

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,135 battles

Dont you even dare think about getting rid of that steel. You can easily get thousands of coal a day. You want to know how hard it is to get steel?

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
1 hour ago, pinkship9001 said:

If you have no Des Moines, or any high tier USN heavy cruisers for that matter, you might have a hard time with the Salem. You got a fletcher, I see; you might wanna just grind out to the Gearing instead and play that.

I love cruisers and cruiser play but not bothering with the USN cruiser line after Cleveland. I see no point as I do not care for upper tier play one bit. The Salem offers me a tier 10 ship, free tier 10 camo, reduced service costs, a port slot, and the annual rewards of owning a tier 10 with out any fuss and muss. I can even play it when I want since it is a premium and I have a few 19 point captains to choose from. There is nothing difficult playing upper tiers, I play tons of tier 8 ships so I end up playing tier 10s all the time. Not worried about it. 

I could get the Fletcher and the Montana, but who wants to grind thru the upgrades and spend money on a camo for something that won't ever be used except for events that require them? My original plan was to get a tech tree tier 10, drop a zero point captain in it, not bother to put upgrades on her or play it and just let it rust away in port. At least with Salem it wouldn't be a total waste. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2 posts
10,547 battles

Ok, through Ranked U might get what, 2k steel? how the H do i earn other 20k to get Stalin? Don't exchange steel for coal, not worth it...

Sign in to follow this