Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

How to grind Udaloi?

6 comments in this topic

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,877 battles

You play it like a Second-Line Destroyer, have one destroyer go in front to scout while you provide gun support.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,712 posts
3,894 battles
10 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

You play it like a Second-Line Destroyer, have one destroyer go in front to scout while you provide gun support.

The only problem then is "finding the volunteer" to go in front. "Who shall bell the cat?" :Smile_teethhappy:

[ALPHA]
Members
180 posts
4,214 battles

I really enjoyed the Udaloi, and found it wasn’t a grind at all. She does require some skill, but all in all, a good boat. If you’re having problems with her, you will not enjoy Grozovoi in the least, so I would caution you to think hard before continuing the grind... this line plays differently from Khabarovsk completely.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,724 posts
9,432 battles

Are you running consealment mod?

That gives you an 8k detection range with 8k torpedoes. So you can stealth torp under the right conditions. People don't expect that.

I actually have a higher winrate in Udaloi than Khabarovsk.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,557 posts
14,005 battles

AFT, BFT, fight at max range and make BBs cry.

The other valid use of a RU DD is backing up a stealthier DD, i.e. USN or IJN DD and shoot at other DDs they find.

I had an amazing time with Udaloi but there is one set of scenarios where she will struggle.  If you ever get into a low DD per team game, i.e. 1-2 DDs per team you're in trouble, especially if the only other friendly DD is nowhere near you, like you've spawned on opposite ends of the map.

The pressure is on for the RU DD to poke around the caps, which Udaloi is wholly sh*t at.  The pressure mounts even more if the 2nd friendly DD dies early.  Now you got a sh*t concealment RU DD yielding the caps to a stealthier DD that will outspot it if it tried to probe the caps.

If it's a DD heavy game, then Udaloi roams freely and wildly.  If not, it gets harder.

Sign in to follow this