Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

Whatever happened to Dseehafer anyway? I can't seem to find it

19 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

Can someone tell me what happened to him? He was quite a nice guy, and he was here when I took a break from the game, but not when I came back.

I remember a mission called "Honor Dseehafer" or something like that, but what actually happened to him? Did he get cancer, die of a heart attack or something?

I just can't find anything on why memorializing Dseehafer is a thing.

I would appreciate someone informing me.

- Regards, Legoboy0401

edit: thank you for telling me. He died just a few days after my birthday, apparently, of a heart attack and eventual heart failure. I mourn. Life is short, I suppose, and I seem to have forgotten that anyone can die at any time.

I am sad now, to say the least.

Edited by legoboy0401

[WOLF3]
Members
5,882 posts
2,193 battles

He died.  R.I.P.

Sudden heart attack, IIRC.

Edited by iDuckman

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,926 posts
6,423 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

He died.  R.I.P.

^^^^
he was a member of HINON, purveyor of lakebote knowledge and dad jokes, what id give to see those bad jokes popping up in our chat again

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

He died.  R.I.P.

I thought so. :Smile_sad: His presence here is missed. I am sad. It just reminds one that life is short, you know, and just how important it is to make the most of what time on earth you are given.

"The death of another makes one suddenly aware of one's own mortality." - some famous philosopher, that I can't remember the name of right now.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,882 posts
2,193 battles

Being a relative newb, I only knew him from his well-researched rants on Tirpitz.  Seemed an intelligent and articulate guy.  Jokes, eh?

[FAE]
Members
2,116 posts
2,507 battles

a good reminder to mostly just be nice to people. life is short! 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,926 posts
6,423 battles
5 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

"The death of another makes one suddenly aware of one's own mortality." - some famous philosopher, that I can't remember the name of right now.

this reminds me of part of a quote from a character in Naruto Shippedun, Nagato was his name, and the part of the qoute goes "The truth is, the more precious someone is to us, the harder it is for us to accept the fact that they might die, sometimes you're able to convince yourself that theres no way they could die"

and this quote is so true, people you get to know and love, your mind just makes you believe that they could live forever, but then life sends its cruel reminder that no one lives forever

Edited by tcbaker777

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,175 posts
2,029 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Being a relative newb, I only knew him from his well-researched rants on Tirpitz.  Seemed an intelligent and articulate guy.  Jokes, eh?

Mmm, many a dad joke.

That being said, his attachment to Tirpitz was a product of much research, and a family member (I forget if it was his grandfather or great grandfather) actually served aboard her.

His work on the forums went far beyond that though, he used to run to ADLA series 'A detailed look at [enter ship here]', as well as the 'What's the Difference' series (showing unique variantions in sister ships), amoung others. Always quite enjoyable and informative reads.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 minute ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Mmm, many a dad joke.

That being said, his attachment to Tirpitz was a product of much research, and a family member (I forget if it was his grandfather or great grandfather) actually served aboard her.

His work on the forums went far beyond that though, he used to run to ADLA series 'A detailed look at [enter ship here]', as well as the 'What's the Difference' series (showing unique variantions in sister ships), amoung others. Always quite enjoyable and informative reads.

Yeah, at one point I almost thought he might team up with LWM for a review or some sort of cross-over, he was that good.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,882 posts
2,193 battles

Those threads might be worth resurrecting.  I'm sure there are several here that haven't seen them.  Would make a good bookend to LWM's Premium series.

11 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Pretty much all of them.

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,593 battles
10 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

this reminds me of part of a quote from a character in Naruto Shippedun, Nagato was his name, and the part of the qoute goes "The truth is, the more precious someone is to us, the harder it is for us to accept the fact that they might die, sometimes you're able to convince yourself that theres no way they could die"

and this quote is so true, people you get to know and love, your mind just makes you believe that they could live forever, but then life sends its cruel reminder that no one lives forever

Was this before or after Nagato began to think he was a god? And it says something that he was probably one of the saner villains from that series.

[PVE]
Members
1,222 posts
4,732 battles

@dseehafer was a tireless champion of making Tirpitz historically accurate a veritable fountain of knowledge on the subject and one of the members who made participating here worthwhile. I was privileged to participate in a Tirpitz only send-off spree in the training room with several other highly respected forumites. Below is a salvo into the sunset for @dseehafer by all of us. Kudos and special thanks go to the inscrutable @Kitsunelegend for making that happen!

lhkB5UP.thumb.jpg.da7b052e6395be920d74b1f6afc19b21.jpg

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
12 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Unfortunately, dseehafer passed away.

He will be missed :(

Time to break out the one song that always plays in my head for anything like this, especially for anyone naval or associated with warships, even if it just was that they liked them:

This one, for example, was in my head when I saw the memorial Table for Sailors Lost at Sea(or something like that) on U.S.S Turner Joy.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,926 posts
6,423 battles
4 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Time to break out the one song that always plays in my head for anything like this, especially for anyone naval or associated with warships, even if it just was that they liked them:

This one, for example, was in my head when I saw the memorial Table for Sailors Lost at Sea(or something like that) on U.S.S Turner Joy.

i swear at 1:52, it almost sounds similar to the Amazing Grace on bagpipes to me, or something like it

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,387 battles

@Phoenix_jz his relation that served on Tirpitz was a watch maker assigned to the engine room

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles

Captain Ghostdog, First mate Skip, Ensign Pippi., Chief Buttkuss and the the crew of the BB Dogpound salute Captain Captain Dseehefer. Rest in peace Captain.

Spoopy Dog | Spoopy | Know Your Memeth?id=OIP.m9tbRXOXVOheDq04G1vxBgHaFj&pidth?id=OIP.TYHIQUk-vhJnZP2J4oVhOQHaFj&pidth?id=OIP.fc6_R1R8DWN9MQm4kDI2SgHaFQ&pidth?id=OIP.p_RErqikCuZKnDiXkKVedQHaCJ&pid

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
28 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

i swear at 1:52, it almost sounds similar to the Amazing Grace on bagpipes to me, or something like it

It's not just you, it sounds like that to me as well. It's a sad song, to be sure, but for a song(which I assume) was made to invoke the image of sailors that died between sunsets, and would never see the stunning beauty of one closing out the day ever again, it summarizes just how I feel right now.

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles
30 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

• Real good.
  •  
  • th?id=OIP.yjCnPtryTSjIlZyd7-JuvwHaHa&pid

Sign in to follow this